URRF 4 June 23-25 Potter, NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super cool shirt design...
I just registered up and got a shirt....
This is going to be one of THE launches of the year fer sure...
Always such a great time here,, such a welcoming club...

Teddy

I will be placing a special order with Loki just for this launch..
So far of interest that I know of there will be a 76 / 6000 M 1200 Spit lit ( I think ) on Saturday...
That's one I'd like to see for sure...
I have stock on Loki up through 54 / 2800...
If anyone would like anything that I don't stock please let me know and I'll add it to this order...

Thank you all so much always,,

Teddy

Hey Guys, Make sure you check out the raffle prize lineup! Our vendors have kicked in some serious prizes this year!
https://urrf.us/product/raffle-tickets/

MAC Performace- 3″ Bolt Missile Kit!
Bolt_1024x1024.jpg

One Bad Hawk- 3/16″, 11/32″ and 7/16″ Kevlar 2 loop 25 foot harnesses!
3-16_25ft_2lp-e1491093240783.jpeg

11-32_25ft_2lp.jpg

7-16_25ft_2lp.jpg

Performance Hobbies- LOC 3″ Forte, LOC 4″ V2, and LOC 5.5″ Minie Magg Kits!

Forte-Rocket-Kit-PK32.jpg

IMG_20160522_172139_234.jpg

locminiemagg.jpg

Wildman Hobbies- 3″ Punisher and 2.6″ Competitor fiberglass kits!

punisher-3.jpg

competitor_2.6.png

Last edited:
Nice line up guys and great prizes. Thank you Mac Pref, One Bad Hawk, Pref Hobb, and Wildman. Looking forward to some good times on the field this year and many around the camp fire. You guys are the best and always fun. Thanks much cant wait to see ya all.

444062086_640.jpg

I say that Bolt from Mac Pref will do a number on that there road island Red. All I need is some GPS coordinates and Ill be gnawing the drum stick faster than he can count feathers.

We're a month out! People are getting excited! I can't wait, I've got two newly built MAC Performance kits that I'm planning on launching for the first time there!

Awesome. I'm just getting the paint on a 54mm SD Scorpion with a 38mm hole, but I still have to deal with the nose bay kit. A few steps behind it is a 54mm semi-scale PAC-3 missile that Mike kitted for me.

I here there's a L 900 dark matter going up. Have to keep an eye on the BFR Postings.

I didn't know you were so crazy for sparks Larry...
I know there's a M 1200 Spit going up at URRF for sure...
And it's a cert flight to boot...

Teddy

I'll be there Friday and Saturday bringing two sizes of Proteus's. The 6" Hawk kit will be flying on a 76-6000 Blue M2000 and the 3.72" scratch built will be flying on a 76-2G or 3G depending on weather.

Should be a fun launch put on by an outstanding club!

Sweet, some really cool flights coming in! I updated the featured flights/BFR's last night (before Dan's) so if you've submitted something and don't see it let me know.

Ted sounds like arks and sparks with a slide show. I am in. Its going to be fun.

Shirt orders are closing soon. Like real soon so get registered grab a shirt and don't forget to sign up for helping out if you can spare an hour or two.

Most of all get those rockets ready the field will be smooth like a babies bottom, the gray squirrel says he's looking for some nuts in the trees and will be tree frogging branch to branch.

Oh Ya

Just threw my hat in the ring for a couple of shifts as pad manager. I'll be sure to bring some water bottles and sunscreen!

It appears the motor selection of my Proteus will change as well...going from a 76-6000 M2000 Blue to a 76-7600 KBA M1450WL...or maybe I'll just fly it twice?

Last edited:
19 days left to URRF4.......but who's counting. This is one of, if not the premiere rocket launch in the Northeast. URRF has continued to grow each year and this year is no exception. The list of featured flights is growing fast and preregistration has already surpassed last year. Our great lineup of vendors have very generously provided us with some awesome raffle prizes. Be sure to get your raffle tickets for a chance to bring one home. There will be a B/S and Bonfire at the "Country Charm Campground" Friday night and don't forget the traditional Saturday night party at "Smugglers Cove". See you on the field.

Check it out @ https://urrf.us/

Last edited:
Tim,
You're going to wind up getting me into the doghouse..
If you're getting a pink shirt for Jackie I have to get one for Sandy..
That's pretty funny,, they'll be the Bobbsey twins,, lol..
They're actually pretty cool,, breast cancer awareness...

Teddy

who is bringing " STAR WARS " rockets? my X wing jumped to light speed a few years ago and it never came back. I do still have a Darth Vader rocket. I don't have enough time to up scale anything for the URRF4. :(

Hey Dutch, I will be there. Going to see if I can get my DX3 8" ready in time for my L3. I will shoot you an e-mail tomorrow

Looking forward to the launch!

Jerry

I'm making a bunch of Silicone Igniters to be available at URRF 4 for those who want a reliable launch that is energetic and safer to use than thermite. Since the igniter is mostly silicone when it lights it throws out molten beads of glass into the propellant web of your motor. These will light any propellant out there.

They will be available with dowel lengths of 18", 24", 30" and 48". All with leads a foot longer than the dowel. The shorter lengths will fit up a 1/4" core. In the video below you will see the length and size of the slug that is on the 18” dowels. The diameter of the slug is the same for the other dowel lengths up to 30”, just longer. The diameter of the slugs on the 48” dowels are bigger in diameter and 1" long.

All the igniters will be $4 a piece no matter the dowel length.

Here is a test video of these igniters,
please forgive the quality of the video:

[video]https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/VID_20170606_141953_581.mp4?token=AWzkuLsrHJME1kaL IwFlpEe-u3lioQppXewdltWZT-7bx959h5bc7fepgOO6tXA6MCh4Df0HVHAsydmCSAQs4h0JdxTp D3DwsQkkbtYCnp7hxSI36c-HP-fU5ya2XI8cKXfvz_W3XOux3nLDUzwn07T33H-Mq9MCSUgg8SIF6AMZjSy8iDXSygzpi-z-Sod3Wh4[/video]

Hi Team. I just wanted to mention some great really great news for everyone attending URRF 4 this year.

We will be running the entire field wireless with the Wilson FX system.

We have been hearing nothing but great news about Brads system and we are really looking forward to running the 62 pads wireless with his latest set up. Last year the set up was smooth and fast for flyers. The URRG team added some features to the layout which will make it even better for vendors and flyers. With the Wilson FX wireless its going to be really nice. I cant wait were in the final count down. Get registered and pack those rockets for 18K starting June 23rd at 9 am.

Hi Team. I just wanted to mention some great really great news for everyone attending URRF 4 this year.

We will be running the entire field wireless with the Wilson FX system.

We have been hearing nothing but great news about Brads system and we are really looking forward to running the 62 pads wireless with his latest set up. Last year the set up was smooth and fast for flyers. The URRG team added some features to the layout which will make it even better for vendors and flyers. With the Wilson FX wireless its going to be really nice. I cant wait were in the final count down. Get registered and pack those rockets for 18K starting June 23rd at 9 am.

Larry - that's spectacular news!

Back