URRF 4 June 23-25 Potter, NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small change of plans Dutch,,
I'm not thrilled about it but my wife Sandy has to work,,
she tried to get some time off for this launch and struck out..
She won't be with me for the launch..
We'll still figure somehow for me to help out with the roving RSO duties...

Teddy

Teddy,
If Chris comes with me he can watch your stuff.
You just need to feed him. :smile:

Teddy,
If Chris comes with me he can watch your stuff.
You just need to feed him. :smile:

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd be better off with both Fred having a 90% off sale and Tim having a half off sale at the same time...
The last time I saw Chris he grew almost a foot in a blink and a half..
I have absolutely no doubt your 3 boys eat you out of house and home...lol...
Wait a minute..
Weren't you talking about getting a second job and another refrigerator just for him...lol...
Heyy,,,
You burn a lota calories running over people on a football field...
Man,, those boys don't leave foot prints, they leave tire tracks,,, lol...

Uh uhh,, nope,, no sir,, no way man,, I'm not going for that one..
You know Steve,,
it may be cheaper for you to send them on a cruise..
Let them try to feed them for a week...lol...

All kidding aside Steve..
You tell Chris I said thank you a million times and I just may take him up on that...
Thank you man...

Teddy

Wow Rocket Heaven

Will you have a look at this field the one we will all be flying on in 5 days. I stopped by to take a sneak peek. It looks like someone hit it with Agent Orange theirs not a stitch of weeds looks like waste land Just the way we likes it.

Mike Pit well wait next to your favorite tree I think that one’s still standing you know the one with the homing device on it.

The only thing we are short on is time left to register I think it closes at midnight but might be off a few hours. Get on line register and pack your gear its almost go time.

FLD 1.jpg

Fld 2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Rocket Heaven

Will you have a look at this field the one we will all be flying on in 5 days. I stopped by to take a sneak peek. It looks like someone hit it with Agent Orange theirs not a stitch of weeds looks like waste land Just the way we likes it.

Mike Pit well wait next to your favorite tree I think that one’s still standing you know the one with the homing device on it.

The only thing we are short on is time left to register I think it closes at midnight but might be off a few hours. Get on line register and pack your gear its almost go time.

Wishing that the weather is as good as in your pictures. Looks questionable right now...

A lot can change in a few days!

Were set up camping and were out on the field today for layout. The field is looking great freshly disced and ready. The corn on the outer fields are 3 inches tall max. It resembles the surface of the moon. Ill send pics tomorrow. We are on count down.

Were set up camping and were out on the field today for layout. The field is looking great freshly disced and ready. The corn on the outer fields are 3 inches tall max. It resembles the surface of the moon. Ill send pics tomorrow. We are on count down.

WWWWWoooooooooppppppppppppp............

Teddy

Hi Team I just wanted to give everyone a update. We had a great day on the field today. We have the whole fld layed out. The CATO team is here. We all ate at smugglers it was a quiet riot. We are all going to the Wagner restaurant at 745 am in Penn Yan, best breakfast you will ever have and easy on the wallet. The Buckwheat pancakes rule. We are meeting on the field at 9 am to set up the equipment. Lunch will be provided for all that are there. The Wilson FX wireless is really nice going to be a great weekend. Ted and mike we are at country charm next to were your crib will be. We are smoking big cigars tonight and doing a little whiskey sampling at the camp site. I really like this camp ground my daughter Carly has been catching bass all day in the pond here. Anyway loving it. Wildman, Ken Mike and Ted see you tomorrow. Well leave the light on for you. The weather has been great looking for that 18 K all weekend oh ya.

What time Thursday are you going to begin to set up? I am here, if I can get a way from work tomorrow I will come over and help for an hour. I have a small team with me.

Anyone get good pictures of my "O" flight? Took a while to fetch it because it was in the far corner of the farm, much farther then I've ever been. To make things fun it was straddling a ditch with the tracker below grade suspended over the water. We chased a few echos before we had eyes on it.

I'm not sure who flew "Cold Feet" today or what exactly was in it, but nice flight! Only flight I got photos of, and I grabbed 26 shots of the flight- https://www.flickr.com/photos/31757945@N05/albums/72157682416520932

35146191670_97ca1bdffc_b.jpg

Glad to see the weather was good. Looked like it was going to be a rain out.

The monsoon hit a little after two.... I'm not sure if it cleared back up or not. Couldn't risk getting trapped so I beat feet outta there. I was probably being a sally, but getting buried once is enough to make me shy.

I bailed a little after 1PM and just got home. Had a great time. Got in 8 flights - 3 Fri, 4 Sat, and 1 today.

Thanks for putting on another great launch URRFlings!

URRF 2017...
Thanks to the URRG guys for a fantastic weekend. I had an absolute blast. You guys are a class act all the way. I only got one up, but 9694ft was well worth it.
It was great to put faces to names and hang out with everyone. I'll be back ASAP for a Prime Rib sandwich and a great time.

Anyone get good pictures of my "O" flight? Took a while to fetch it because it was in the far corner of the farm, much farther then I've ever been. To make things fun it was straddling a ditch with the tracker below grade suspended over the water. We chased a few echos before we had eyes on it.

Is this your flight?

IMG_2271.jpg IMG_2272.jpg IMG_2273.jpg IMG_2274.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pix - too tired to fix them now....

The monsoon hit a little after two.... I'm not sure if it cleared back up or not. Couldn't risk getting trapped so I beat feet outta there. I was probably being a sally, but getting buried once is enough to make me shy.

A lot of other folks left then too, there was a sort of mass-exodus. That monsoon only lasted 15-20 minutes, though that was enough to damage some canopies. It did clear up again and a half a dozen more rockets were flown before we closed it down. Everything was off of the field before round 3 of the rain hit while the trailer was being packed...

I'll have to get the pictures off of my camera. I certainly didn't catch everything, but I did get a fair amount (but I haven't looked at any of it yet).

Also, announced at the Saturday morning flier's meeting: URRF5 - June 22-24, 2018. Mark your calendars now!

I want to put out a HUGE THANK YOU to all who helped me with the BFR's, especially on Saturday when it just got CRAZY busy!
Hope I don't miss anyone, Jim Livingston, Deb Koloms, Tim Lear, Steve G(ergorski?), Don Tennis, Paul Gagnon, and everyone else.

And ALL of the BFR Flyers, you guys, (and Gals), are some of the nicest people in Rocketry to work with, it was a pleasure to see and help all of you.

Last edited:
I didn't make it, but thanks to everyone at URRG for putting this on year after year. It's an immense amount of work and you guys kill it.

As usual, my wife and I had a great time in Potter, smelling the onions and flying some rockets. Many thanks to the organizers, the land owners and everybody else that makes one of these events happen.

Unfortunately, the rocket gods claimed the sustainer of my Wildman 3" 2-stager. After a perfect boost, she vanished into thin air, never to be seen again. The tracker was giving a loud signal from ....everywhere, so it must be hanging in a tree somewhere. I must have entered a wrong setting into my radio so I did not get GPS coordinates on it.

At any rate, short of getting it back, I'd love to see any pictures anyone got of it. It went off at about 1:00 on Saturday.

Back