URRF 4 June 23-25 Potter, NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teddy, I owe you money, but can get through to your paypal. Please call me at 860-608-6088. Eric

Hi everyone.

Hi Jason,,
It was nice meeting you finally at the launch..
You be careful goin up those trees..
I can tell you one thing for sure,,
you're going to be the most popular guy at the launch,, lol...

That's hilarious!

That was hilarious Eric..
It sure was cool that you could take a ride and come to a launch in the east...
Super nice seeing you again...
Maybe you could make a Red Glare event ??
Keep your eyes on the dates..

Teddy, I owe you money, but can get through to your paypal. Please call me at . Eric

Eric,, no probs at all man,, I got your PM,, I'll respond now...
You can always get me at my "sales" email address..
Eric,,
I don't think it's a great idea your phone # here,,
it'd be a good idea to edit that post and take it out...

Teddy

Hey Mike, Grey Squirrel here. I'll be heading out first thing in the morning to get your rocket down for you before any more bad weather hits. Should have her in hand by about noon time. :)

Hi Jason, sounds great I am looking forward to getting it down from the trees and out of the elements...be careful and watch out for the critters. Being a 54mm MD airframe at least you're not likely to see a racoon hiding out in it.

Hi Jason, sounds great I am looking forward to getting it down from the trees and out of the elements...be careful and watch out for the critters. Being a 54mm MD airframe at least you're not likely to see a racoon hiding out in it.

Maybe a squirrel.... lol..

Teddy

That was hilarious Eric..
It sure was cool that you could take a ride and come to a launch in the east...
Super nice seeing you again...
Maybe you could make a Red Glare event ??
Keep your eyes on the dates..

I loved it out there. Always good to see you, Teddy. I'm always down for a ride if I can squeeze it into my schedule and get spousal approval... Leaving her behind with 3 kids is no small feat, although Tim seems to have a knack for convincing her!
PS... I need a new OBH t-shirt. The yellow one is getting word thin.

Hey Mike, Grey Squirrel here. I'll be heading out first thing in the morning to get your rocket down for you before any more bad weather hits. Should have her in hand by about noon time. :)

Jason, first off, Thanks! I just read a text from Larry that you were somehow able to get the rocket out of the trees. I cannot even imagine how you did it but you certainly have an appropriate nickname.

I will be talking to Larry, after he has some rest, to go over everything.

To anyone who is not familiar with the URRG crowd or attended one of their launches, they really go way above and beyond. This is a perfect example, Larry and Jason likely put 8 plus hours into getting my rocket down after you factor that they had 3 plus hours just in driving back and forth.

Jason AKA "Squirrel" holding my Tomach after he recovered it from the rocket eating trees. The restored truck behind him, belongs to the adjacent land holder that we had to use for access, great guy had a beautiful German Sheppard rescue dog.

Jason AKA "Squirrel" holding my Tomach after he recovered it from the rocket eating trees. The restored truck behind him, belongs to the adjacent land holder that we had to use for access, great guy had a beautiful German Sheppard rescue dog.

That's a sexy beast.

Nice rocket too.

Hi Team. Thanks for all the kind words Jason Really likes the group and wants to start flying so ill give him some kits that I don't have time for. Everyone is really getting to know one another and I really had a great time this last week. I just heard that the lost rocket info is on its way to the Gray Squirrel so I know he is going to be looking for another road trip. Its really fun and the town people are starting to ask why we are there so much. I told them Iam Sitting Right Heeaar. I am not going any wheeeerrreeee. some of you will understand that. LOL Next year is going to be better I cant wait. I think we need to start thinking of getting together sooner. Its to fun and the new camp ground is great they take care of us all.

Last edited:
Hi Team. Thanks for all the kind words Jason Really likes the group and wants to start flying so ill give him some kits that I don't have time for. Everyone is really getting to know one another and I really had a great time this last week. I just heard that the lost rocket info is on its way to the Gray Squirrel so I know he is going to be looking for another road trip. Its really fun and the town people are starting to ask why we are there so much. I told them Iam Sitting Right Heeaar. I am not going any wheeeerrreeee. some of you will understand that. LOL Next year is going to be better I cant wait. I think we need to start thinking of getting together sooner. Its to fun and the new camp ground is great they take care of us all.

Ok,,,,,

Rreaddyyyyyyy......

Teddy

Hi Ted Love you brother that was a fun time. I am ready for another picnic yogi. After this event it came to me what a great value URRF is. We set the field up to accommodate an LDRS Volume and put a bit under half that number on the field. That makes for no wait times and all the support you would expect from low power to the big boys with rocket transport. Paul Gagnons transport trailer really works great. Dutch and all those that helped the BFR's I cant say enough for. We had big stuff going all three days non stop. The time of the year its held is great as the field is like a desert and the temperatures just right.

Anyone looking to fly rockets should really think about visiting one of our launches and seeing what we have to offer. We almost always have a LC33, TAP and a Prefect on the field so we can accommodate tests and level certs. Come feel the URRG and don't forget the picnic this year is held during the August launch weekend.

Is there an actual date for next year? I want to try my M flight again. This time with the damn batteries tied down...��

I thought I heard same dates next year from someone at the field, but it looks like the 22-24th would be the closest thing. I guess wait for an official response.

Indeed. We (URRG) announced that June 22-24 would be the date of URRF5 during the Saturday morning pre-launch briefing. We wanted to get that message out early so 1) ya'll could get it on you schedules and b) we'd have more time to plan it.

I was wondering if anyone got video of Son of Godzilla, it flew off the big away tower around 4:30 on Saturday, it is a 12" dia white rocket with a red payload section, and flew on a green N and 3 Ks air started after the N burned out. There was a delay after the countdown and I stopped recording.

Thanks everyone who put on the launch and helped with Son of Godzilla!

I was wondering if anyone got video of Son of Godzilla, it flew off the big away tower around 4:30 on Saturday, it is a 12" dia white rocket with a red payload section, and flew on a green N and 3 Ks air started after the N burned out. There was a delay after the countdown and I stopped recording.

Thanks everyone who put on the launch and helped with Son of Godzilla!

I was on my way back from a recovery when that launched. No pics or video but man what a cool flight!

I was on my way back from a recovery when that launched. No pics or video but man what a cool flight!
Thanks! We do have good stills but no video. It is a ton of work but rewarding to do a group project. I do the electronics so when the airstarts all lit and the chutes pop I'm happy.

Any lost and found stuff accumulated yet? The Dumas Bros 'lost' a Fatboy (well, by lost, I mean crashed).....and wondered if any remnants may have been found?

-Rich

Back