Is there any value to the the old Estes Streak rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sealed in the original packaging, yes. Generally very little if built.

One just sold today on EBay. Usually what one sells for at auction is a pretty good estimate of what it is worth.

EBAY_Streak.JPG

Depends upon the age. Unbuilt kits from the 60's can fetch higher prices and sealed Camrocs and Cinerocs can really get pricey. Some years ago I saw an unopened Camroc go for
near $1000.00. Kurt

The price seems reasonable, even with shipping, to have an old classic. I'd definitely not buy it to build it, I'd rather clone a rocket like the Streak. It really boils down to the desire to own an old kit, at least for me.

The price seems reasonable, even with shipping, to have an old classic. I'd definitely not buy it to build it, I'd rather clone a rocket like the Streak. It really boils down to the desire to own an old kit, at least for me.

The Streak is unusual, in that the mylar body tube is nearly unobtainable outside of the kit. So if you are interested in that bit of authenticity, you'll want the kit. Unfortunately, I forgot to bid on this one today.

Dang it! the reason why I asked is because I was going to buy it. I guess maybe that was a good thing, It's probably be better if I save my money for now!! :)

I thought you might be watching it, so I waited to post it until after the auction ended to limit any additional competition.:wink:

Back