Eggtimer Classic Deployment Battery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccolvin968

Reaction score
I have my Eggtimer built and I'm running the main power off of a 3.7v LiPo battery.

Am I reading the manual correctly when it says that I can use a 9v battery to power both of my deployment channels?
They'll both be igniters. So if I want to use one battery for both, I just have to jumper the BATA and BATB + to + and - to -?
This is just something I don't want to mess up for obvious reasons. Any advice is appreciated!

I have my Eggtimer built and I'm running the main power off of a 3.7v LiPo battery.

Am I reading the manual correctly when it says that I can use a 9v battery to power both of my deployment channels?
They'll both be igniters. So if I want to use one battery for both, I just have to jumper the BATA and BATB + to + and - to -?
This is just something I don't want to mess up for obvious reasons. Any advice is appreciated!

What are you going to be using? Ematches or some kind of nichrome wire? Kurt

Just basic eMatches off of Amazon.
I can't seem to find the Chinese knockoffs that I use on there anymore. :(
I've never had an issue with them testing with a remote starter. (Not the eggtimer.)
I know a few people who love them because they are cheap and they say they've never had a failure.

I made a pigtail for my Eggtimer classic (see picture). I use a 3.7 LiPo but same concept if you use a 9v. I use the same e-starters you pictured (except I get mine from e-bay). However, I have never used a 9v to ignite the starters or power an Eggtimer so I can't comment on 9v as a power source.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1488947484.830642.jpg

Yes, connect BATA+ & BATB+ to the "+" terminal of your deployment battery, and BATA- & BATB- to the "-" terminal. You may want to put a switch in between. Any battery that will fire your ematches will be fine, including another 1S LiPo. I've used them as small as 50 mAH, but that was with the "old" Q2G2's that fired at 200 mA. The new ones don't work like that anymore, so your "basic" ematches will be fine with 100 mAH LiPo's or so.

Back