new "HOW TO WRAP A ROCKET" on stickershock23com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
Well forever people have asked me "HOW DO YOU WRAP A ROCKET???"

I've tried to explain in an e-mail LOTS of times.. and done pretty well.. Once people have them in their hands it all starts to make sense..

BUT I have finally taken the time to make a NICE video showing you how to wrap your rocket. in the video I give tips on how to do it and actually wrap a 4" Super dx3. step by step..

I think this will help out anyone that is interested in wrapping a rocket but were a little nervous about how to do it.. Marian says "you make it look to easy" let me say this "Guys it really is pretty darn easy" with the new vinyls that are out now.. this kind of thing is made to be done by ANYONE.. no special skill's.. just a little time and patience and BAM your a professional wrap and sign installer!

so enough talking about it you can go to my website under FAQ's "how to install my decals" and check out the video there..

OR you can watch it right here... Im going to go ahead and embed] it to make it even easier!

So turn down the lights grab some popcorn... Ignore the fat ugly guy... remember I'm a sticker guy not a movie star/editor and enjoy the show!

[video=youtube;H_2xZ1LI62c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_2xZ1LI62c[/video]

thanks for looking and remember

"Never fly naked"

I'm not quite all the way through it yet but.... awesome video!!!! I haven't tried to do a full rocket wrap but after seeing that I'd be confident to give it a go. Oh, and that's a beautiful wrap design, too.

One question: you mention the new type of vinyl you're using, and the slightly different techniques to use with it. Does that apply to the cut vinyl as well? What about paint mask? (OK, that's two questions).

Great questions..

I am still using the same vinyl for CUT decals as I used to..

the other big difference i did not mention.. the new vinyl is designed specifically to be PRINTED on.. it is a LOT thinner.. then it has a LAMINATE over the printed part. so in the end its about the same thickness as my cut decals.

I am still using some of the top of the line vinyl for the cut decals as I always have

ALTHOUGH for some decals i WILL be using printed vinyl in place of cut..

this will be on things like "Cherokee d " just the upper wrap part..

some of the "der red max" decals.. same thing just the upper wrap.. this will save me time and will make the wrap parts a little easier to apply for you guys and you will get a PERFECT alignment (from me) every time!

I know will be offering more decals in smaller sizes.. ones like "orbital transport" these I can do PRINTED now in smaller sizes.. of course the price will reflect my minimum setup and print fee for the small ones.. but that may change in time..

on that note.. if you have a couple small ones you want to do.. that are probably best done as printed decals ( mostly stuff done on a WHITE rocket) contact me we can bundle up a few things and still do ALL of them for the minimum setup fee or at least use up that minimum setup if that makes sense!

Excellent Mark! I have no sound at the office and yet it's still excellent!! Can't wait to watch and listen tonight!! Thanks for making time to do this!

I can tell anyone wanting to use these wraps by Stickershock should have no worries. Mark sent me wraps for a 1/70 scale Saturn 1b and they went on fine.
I had never used them before and was just a little worried about applying them. After receiving them and working with them I worried for nothing. They went on easy.
The wraps have great color. They have a protected clear cover to guard against scratches and other things. He just has a great product. Give it a try. You won't regret it. 1b tanks 3.jpgTank rim 1.jpgTank&.jpg20170306_141003.jpgSaturn 1B a.jpg

Glad I could do it for you guys

And the Saturn look spectacular.. Couldn't have done it without your artwork!

This will be available on the website very soon!

Great video and tutorial Mark! I even learned better ways to apply your vinyl lettering and partial wraps watching it. Excellent work.

...Fudd

Nice video. My technique for wraps or cut out decals is a bit different.

Get stickers stuck on fingers, shirt sleeves, belt.
Put down stickers. See that there are wood chips under the decal. Peel off and start over.
Put permanent crease in sticker when pulling off to remove debris that magically got under there somehow (I vacuumed. Honest)
See that the sticker is now on crooked. Run around room flailing like Kermit the Frog cursing.
Drink a beer. Peel it all off. Go back to step 1.

I have a unique method. :p

Put down stickers. See that there are wood chips under the decal. Peel off and start over.
Put permanent crease in sticker when pulling off to remove debris that magically got under there somehow (I vacuumed. Honest)
See that the sticker is now on crooked. Run around room flailing like Kermit the Frog cursing.

I swear we need LIKE button's on this forum!! :)

I would possibly pay money for a video tutorial of this method.

(call this "like #2").

Wife caught me just before I stepped back to have a beer. Here's the video.

[video=youtube;3pnLCQWk9W8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pnLCQWk9W8[/video]

I can tell anyone wanting to use these wraps by Stickershock should have no worries. Mark sent me wraps for a 1/70 scale Saturn 1b and they went on fine.
I had never used them before and was just a little worried about applying them. After receiving them and working with them I worried for nothing. They went on easy.
The wraps have great color. They have a protected clear cover to guard against scratches and other things. He just has a great product. Give it a try. You won't regret it.View attachment 314138View attachment 314139View attachment 314140View attachment 314141View attachment 314142

Oh no, this is very bad! My family loves Saturns, but after painting my Estes Saturn V as a teen, I haven't dared touch another Saturn since. Then this! That's stunningly beautiful, and I love Mark's wraps! Darn you Saluki!:wink:

Mark, great video; very much enjoyed it! The material you're using seems like that which you supplied with the Green Mamba wraps you did for me....great stuff! How long until you get a Saturn V wrap available?!?!?!?!

The gear are turning....

Eric you can get it now just email me... I just need to scale them an put them on the website to make it easy

Yeah I used to do them that way too.. but after having to peel them off my socks I decided it might be easier the new way!

Yeah I used to do them that way too.. but after having to peel them off my socks I decided it might be easier the new way!

Had to watch it twice because you made it look so easy. Or maybe that was your stunt double at work.

Nice video! Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I was in no condition to try to put two words together at the time (fatigue/pain (bad knees)/Rum and coke).

Hard to believe that you don't need water and soap anymore. Any chance on seeing a nosecone wrap tutorial?

Thanks!

Nice video! Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I was in no condition to try to put two words together at the time (fatigue/pain (bad knees)/Rum and coke).

Hard to believe that you don't need water and soap anymore. Any chance on seeing a nosecone wrap tutorial?

Thanks!

heal up quick bro..

Yep scroll down to near the bottom there is a video "how to wrap a nose cone!"

Back