Estes Indicator build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
My brother bought a Estes Indicator tonight and he and I started this build.
IMG_2632.jpgIMG_2633.jpgIMG_2634.jpgIMG_2635.jpgIMG_2636.jpgIMG_2637.jpgIMG_2638.jpgIMG_2639.jpg
This has been quite the build. There are SO MANY parts to glue together for the fins, it can be frustrating but beyond that, we have put together the motor mount, and we have put together all of the fins.
There is one emoji that can explain the fins, :facepalm: We have also glued in the shock cord.

There will be more "stuff" coming soon.

Thanks..

2 part fins eh? Sounds like you be well on your way to 12 part fins soon. Are you using superglues alone or will you be adding some Elmer's or wood glue fillets?

Concur. Longevity of a super glue fin to body tube joint will likely be one flight or less. Fillets of white or wood glue highly recommended.

That said, Look forward to more pics!

2 part fins eh? Sounds like you be well on your way to 12 part fins soon. Are you using superglues alone or will you be adding some Elmer's or wood glue fillets?

Yeah,We're gluing the fins wth CA And we will fillet with Elmer's glue.

I've started filling the spirals on my tubes regularly now. Sanding the filler also sands the tube. I'm using Elmer's wood glue, not wood glue max. I'm finding that this stuff sets really fast.

I print and cut out a payloadbay.com fin guide, tack the root of all fins and set them at once. Within 30 mins, I can start fillets. Not quite as instant as CA, but much better longevity.

Cool rocket design. Was the motor tube dented like that in the package? I have to watch those hobby lobby rockets, they always have dented or bad tubes.

Was the motor tube dented like that in the package? I have to watch those hobby lobby rockets, they always have dented or bad tubes.

No kidding! I was in a HL last night trying to find something to build and nearly everything had dented/crushed tubes except a little 220 Swift and a Star Trooper!

Back to building!!IMG_2640.jpgIMG_2641.jpgIMG_2642.jpgIMG_2643.jpgIMG_2645.jpg
We had to take a break, because we were busy with other things. But we should be back on track!
Thanks,

Back