F35 Issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
I have the 24/60 and a pack of F35 reloads. I tried to assemble one, but it doesn't fit. It's the F35-11. The delay grain liner appears to be too long. Has anyone ever had this issue? I want to be sure before I just try cutting the delay liner down to where it appears it should be.

The delay liner should stick out of the forward closre about the thickness of the O-Ring - your liner is longer than that? I've not had this issue with the F35, but have only used shorter delays.

Yes it sticks out significantly. It extends past the closure edge even when no oring is in the closure.

It has also been my past experience that the longest delays for a motor are usually the same length as the delay liner. The liner is longer than the delay grain by a significant amount. The closure will not seat with the liner installed, even without the oring.

Last edited:
I'll look into it. There's definitely something not right with it. I've built more motors than I can count. This one is not right.

Stupid question- but are you sure you have the right forward closure? I mean, it's not a forward closure from a 24/40 case is it?

F35 is a piece of over priced crap. Billions in development and... Oh wait your not talking about the military jet are you? Never mind me, I will show myself out.... :D

Stupid question- but are you sure you have the right forward closure? I mean, it's not a forward closure from a 24/40 case is it?

I am sure. The motor case was bought new in unopened package.

Back