RockSim v9 simulation with mixed clusters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillyK

Reaction score
Folks,

Working on a RockSim design with a 7x 18mm cluster.

When I sim it with a mixture of 3x B6-6 and 4x C6-7 engines, RockSim shows the parachute deploying after apogee on the downward fall, and the Simulation results as follows:

Engine ejection charge data:
Using a delay time of : 7.000 Seconds
Velocity: 59.4012 ft/s
Altitude: 837.05053 Ft.

Time data
Time to burnout: 1.861 Sec.
Time to apogee: 7.577 Sec.
Optimal ejection delay: 5.716 Sec.

RockSim seems to select the C6-7 engines as the ones it reports for "delay time" and the one it uses for "time to burnout" and hence calculating an "optimal ejection delay".

But with a C6-6 only have a burn time of .93 seconds it will fire it's ejection charge prior to apogee.

My questions:

Does RockSim account for the earlier ejection charge of the B6's in its simulation? I can run the simulation with NO ejection charges to derive a maximum altitude and time to apogee and then work backwards from the burn times of the various engines to determine manually an "optimal delay time" for each of the different motors. But can RockSim do it for me?

Thanks

... Bill

RockSim will default to using the longest delay for deployment when using mixed delays in clusters..Use a full cluster of C6-5's(or -7's) and see what your results are..

You know the B6-6's will eject first. Use B6-6 and C6-5 in your cluster.

Back