MICHIANA ROCKETRY LAUNCH MARCH 19, 2017 THREE OAKS MI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Michiana Rocketry Members and Friends

We will be having our next scheduled launch on March 19th Sunday.
The launch on Saturday will be at the usual times of set up at 9 am and flying from 10 am to 5 pm.

We have new high quality mid and high power launch pads, come try them out.

We will have our 12,000 foot FAA waiver in place, with call in for 16,000 feet.
You can go to our website to check what available equipment and launch pads that will be on site.

We will have a porta potty on site, food, and several vendors. We launch on huge farm fields capable of launching everything from A to M motors. We are approximately 1 hour drive from Chicago.

We are scheduled on having the launch unless something drastic happens to the weather, so always check the website before you make the trip down. We will post if the current launch planned is a GO or NO-GO by Friday night before launch.

So, let’s all come on out and have a great time.
Go to https://www.michianarocketry.org/ for the latest launch update and map to field
Regards,
John Olevich
Prefect/President
Michiana Rocketry

Last edited:
I wish I could make it to one of the launches.
According to google maps, it's over a 9 hour drive for me.
Maybe I can be there in Spirit one day.
Woody life is short man, make time to smell the roses.
But if you can't make the launch in March definitely plan for our big 2 day launch in April 22nd and 23rd, 2017. This is our big MIDWESTBLAST 2 regional launch. We will be posting information on this launch soon.

I wish I could make it to one of the launches.
According to google maps, it's over a 9 hour drive for me.
Maybe I can be there in Spirit one day.

If you're still in Reed City, it's only 175 miles. That's about a three hour drive...

Got some AT 75 & 98 motors in now. Looks like 2 drag races are brewing. My monthly one, and back by popular demand Estes Mega Red Maxes on AT H115DM DMS motors.

Mr. Bob, for those of us that don't know. What is your monthly drag race other than talking like Arnie and challenging Andy?

Mr. Bob, for those of us that don't know. What is your monthly drag race other than talking like Arnie and challenging Andy?

Standard drag race 4" cardboard or phenolic rocket with the capability to fly on AT H100W DMS motors (38mm). first race was first off the pad, 2nd race landing closest to the pad. March you will just have to find out on launch day. And Bring your girlie rocket Yaaa.

My "girlie" rocket is fierce enough to drag both races. Your little rocket is so wimpy it is only good for one and then must rest its pretty little wimpyness for another month.

My "girlie" rocket is fierce enough to drag both races. Your little rocket is so wimpy it is only good for one and then must rest its pretty little wimpyness for another month.

That's hilarious! 😂

Yaa mr Noffie 79 bring your LOC 4 next launch unless your to much a girlie man. And my bomb pop is under construction for Midwest Bast II.

Yaa mr Noffie 79 bring your LOC 4 next launch unless your to much a girlie man. And my bomb pop is under construction for Midwest Bast II.

I'm hoping the fin can be repaired on the LOC IV. And I'm starting my Bomb Pop tomorrow.

Yahh Drag Race Mania. All the girliemen stand in aw, As the manly men take to da air with da manley rockets Yaaa.

Aerotech order on its way. Will be here Thursday. Taking pre MWB motor requests and pre-orders until the 15th e-mail or pm if any.one One wants me to make sure I have that special AT motor for MWB II

Michiana Rocketry Members and Friends,

Please note we originally had this launch scheduled on Saturday but due to the weather we have changed the launch to Sunday.

We will be having our next scheduled launch on March 19th this coming Sunday.
The launch on Sunday will be at the usual times of set up at 9 am and flying from 10 am to 5 pm.
The weather on Sunday is looking pretty good, winds of just 6 MPH, mostly sunny with little cloud cover, and temperatures with a high of 49 Degrees Fahrenheit

We will have our 12,000 foot FAA waiver in place. You can go to our website to check what available equipment and launch pads that will be on site.

We will have a porta potty on site and several vendors. We launch on huge farm fields capable of launching everything from A to M motors. We are approximately 1 hour drive from Chicago.

We are scheduled on having the launch unless something drastic happens to the weather, so always check the website before you make the trip down. We will post if the current launch planned is a GO or NO-GO by Friday night before launch.

Go to https://www.michianarocketry.org/ for the latest launch update and map to field
Regards,
John Olevich
Prefect/President
Michiana Rocketry

Michiana Rocketry Members and Friends,

Please note we originally had this launch scheduled on Saturday but due to the weather we have changed the launch to Sunday.

We will be having our next scheduled launch on March 19th this coming Sunday.
The launch on Sunday will be at the usual times of set up at 9 am and flying from 10 am to 5 pm.
The weather on Sunday is looking pretty good, winds of just 6 MPH, mostly sunny with little cloud cover, and temperatures with a high of 49 Degrees Fahrenheit

We will have our 12,000 foot FAA waiver in place. You can go to our website to check what available equipment and launch pads that will be on site.

We will have a porta potty on site and several vendors. We launch on huge farm fields capable of launching everything from A to M motors. We are approximately 1 hour drive from Chicago.

Regards,
John Olevich
Prefect/President
Michiana Rocketry

Thanks for the update Mr. John

Thanks for the invite John. We may just attend.

Our kids are doing SLI and have to get one more flight launched. We're southwest of Chicago and the winds are forecasted to be quite high for the Princeton launch. I'll keep an eye on the weather and you just may see us up there. Thanks!

Hi PatB,
I'm from around SW Chicago area as well and it really only takes about 1 hour to drive to the launch site in Three Oaks, MI. The weather is looking even better for this Sunday in Three Oaks MI, supposed to get to 50 degrees F and winds are forecast to be light 6 MPH and very sunny. I've had a lot of emails from several rocket flyers in your predicament, even though our launch will be on a Sunday the better weather seems to be getting a lot of email buzz from many Illinoisans, I think it will be very well attended launch. Hope to see you at the launch.

Last edited:
Just received a commitment that we will have a food vendor at our launch this Sunday March 19th. We will have Dewayne catering who will be bringing and server his award winning chili. He has won awards at some chili cookouts around the country. He will also have soda pops and water bottles available. He will start serving around 11 am.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates John. Weather is looking much better in your area, and adding a catered lunch is making the trip all the more worthwhile :)

Look forward to meeting you.

Great day for a launch. The Notre Dame team had mixed results. Flight was great but not completely sure if the payload behaved as it should. I flew a personal altitude record of 3717' with my BSD Thor clone on a J401. There were oodles of other flights. The weather in the afternoon could not have been better.

Had a great time today. The Madcow PAC-3 Went up on a J415. MissileWorks RRC3 reported 4426'. Would have been more, but the 14 second delay on the motor went off about 4 seconds early. Maybe I just need to rely on the altimeter from now on. No damage and it'll fly again at Midwest Blast 2!

https://youtu.be/aV82-u3CDXk

It's was a perfect day for flying. Winds were generally less than 5 mph and the temperature was near 50 degrees. John runs a nice launch with free chili, porta potties, and brand new launchers that John personally made. They're very nice and we look forward to getting up there again sometime. Thanks!

I would like to thank all the people that ran yesterdays launch. We had a great time. Little to no wind makes for good launch weather! Flew three rockets and easy recovery of all of them. I plan on flying with them again. Greg Olson Elgin,IL

Some photos from the launch, I will post more as I can:

MR11_031917.jpg MR12_031917.jpg
1st photo My Jart on J350W
2nd photo My Big Blue formula 150 on L1040DM, 2 mph wind and look at that clear blue sky!

Photos courtesy of Michael Fisher

Last edited:
Back