Madcow Patriot/Stickershock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ascastil

Reaction score
Im thinking of buying some stickers from Stickershock for my Patriot. Ive noticed in pictures of the actual Patriot that the black stripes near the bottom of the rocket actually go below the fins. I see a lot of people, myself included at one time, paint the stripe right above the fins. Does the Stickershock stickers come with a way to apply the stripe below the fins, besides cutting notches in them myself? Ill probably just take the easy way out and apply them above the fins. Also, are the Stickershock stickers thick? Easy to apply? Id like them to be thin.

Another question, whats up with the horrible nosecone fit on the 4" Patriot. The nosecone is smaller in diameter than the bodytube. Everything else is great. Howd they miss that? Ive read in another thread a guy had the same issue.

What Patriot is this? Paper or FG kit? I have not heard of a NC problem with NC kits. Mark at Stickershock can almost do anything you want. He made me a body wrap for a black Brant that stripes went between fins.

Im thinking of buying some stickers from Stickershock for my Patriot. Ive noticed in pictures of the actual Patriot that the black stripes near the bottom of the rocket actually go below the fins. I see a lot of people, myself included at one time, paint the stripe right above the fins. Does the Stickershock stickers come with a way to apply the stripe below the fins, besides cutting notches in them myself? Ill probably just take the easy way out and apply them above the fins. Also, are the Stickershock stickers thick? Easy to apply? Id like them to be thin.

Another question, whats up with the horrible nosecone fit on the 4" Patriot. The nosecone is smaller in diameter than the bodytube. Everything else is great. Howd they miss that? Ive read in another thread a guy had the same issue.

My L1 patriot didn't have a too bad a fit issue. I just dabbed some superglue on the end and took the edge off with sandpaper.
I'm not sure how to apply the decals past the fins. I just painted mine.

Ill probably end up paintig them. Took me a minute to find where i read the nosecone fitment issue. Its in the reviews on the madow website. Mines pretty bad, sorta egg shaped. It fits flush on 2 opposite sidess and not so much on the other. I bought it used, not sure if madcow would do anything and i havent contacted them.

https://www.madcowrocketry.com/4-patriot/

I've had Mark (Stickershock) do a full tube wrap for my Loc Cyclotron with a Twilight Zone theme. I also purchased his set of vinyl decals for my Madcow Areobee Hi. His work is fantastic and always just what I've wanted.
As for NC issues, the Areobee cone was a little loose, but a few wraps of masking tape snugged it up nicely.

I dont think so. Front page of instructions says Madcow Patriot. Love the kit. Ill just have to live with the nosecone.

Back