Resources/Books/Videos on Best Rocket-Design Practices?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just started digging into the Basic Rocket Design guide from the Open Rocket Wiki. Realizing I have no problem following a step by step instruction guide in regards to what my components/parameters should be set at for the rocket.

However, as I'd like to start designing rockets without someone holding my hand through each step, I'm interested in knowing if there are any resources out there for general guidelines for optimal rocket performance.

I'm sure it completely depends on what type of rocket I'm making, however if there are any resources/videos/books that go over best general practices, would love to know what said resources are.

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

I bought a book by Tim van Milligan, and while Apogeerocketry.com is a great site (a bit expensive, but fantastic customer service), this book is more a collection of ideas than a tome of proven methods, at least in my opinion. The two books sited by dhbarr are excellent, but can be hard to find. If you locate a copy for sale, snatch it up!

Back