Estes Skydart II recommended CG location?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_matt

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a good starting CG location for this glider (in glider mode)? Inches from the nose or whatever you want

With the mods I am doing I really cant easily build it to plans and then check it. Easier to know ahead of time what I am trying to hit CG wise, but I did not see it marked on the plans.

Thanks,

Matt

Chris Michielssen of Model Rocket Building Blog has just started a build of the Skydart. In His 1st post he links to the old Estes instructions which say that the CG should be 5" to 5.25" from the rear of the glider(boost pod not inserted). I don't know if that CG is still a good one, and I have no other experience with this kit. I do have one in my build pile, and am paying close attention to how it goes for Chris.

Chris Michielssen of Model Rocket Building Blog has just started a build of the Skydart. In His 1st post he links to the old Estes instructions which say that the CG should be 5" to 5.25" from the rear of the glider(boost pod not inserted). I don't know if that CG is still a good one, and I have no other experience with this kit. I do have one in my build pile, and am paying close attention to how it goes for Chris.

This is correct. Here is a link to the instructions at Estes (look for #3229):

https://www.estesrockets.com/customer-service/instructions#003000

In my recent flight experience, this CG location is "good".

EDIT: The CG info is NOT on the main instruction sheet/book. It is on an additional sheet.

Last edited:
THanks guys I see it now, I brain farted and did not look at that page.

BTW these kits are on sale now for 8 bucks, I picked up a couple and I am debating whether to convert them to RC

THanks guys I see it now, I brain farted and did not look at that page.

BTW these kits are on sale now for 8 bucks, I picked up a couple and I am debating whether to convert them to RC

I have ordered some micro components, and I will be back on my "Skydart RC Conversion" soon (couple of weeks).

Back