• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Eggfinder GPS Transmitter / LCD Receiver Combo in Deluxe case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worsaer

Amateur Propulsionist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a new Eggfinder GPS tracking transmitter & receiver combo?

For a weekend project I built an Eggfinder GPS tracking transmitter, and the LCD receiver in a custom case. Understanding that some fliers don't want to hassle with building their own I am offering it for sale.

The transmitter includes the optional RP-SMA connector to give you the option of swapping antennas. The basic wire antenna is included; for an additional $15 I will add the flexible antenna for mounting outside your AV bay.

The LCD Receiver is in a nice upgraded case. (It uses 4 - AA Batteries, not included.)

I'm offering the combo for $260 including shipping in the continental US. (PayPal preferred) SOLD

For questions about how to use it, please refer to the user manual on the Eggfinder website. Other than that, please PM me if you are interested.

IMG_0044_zpsld5xtqaf.jpg

IMG_0045_zpsmzlspaf3.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone interested in a new Eggfinder GPS tracking transmitter & receiver combo?

For a weekend project I built an Eggfinder GPS tracking transmitter, and the LCD receiver in a custom case. Understanding that some fliers don't want to hassle with building their own I am offering it for sale.

The transmitter includes the optional RP-SMA connector to give you the option of swapping antennas. The basic wire antenna is included; for an additional $15 I will add the flexible antenna for mounting outside your AV bay.

The LCD Receiver is in a nice upgraded case. (It uses 4 - AA Batteries, not included.)

I'm offering the combo for $260 including shipping in the continental US. (PayPal preferred) SOLD

For questions about how to use it, please refer to the user manual on the Eggfinder website. Other than that, please PM me if you are interested.

IMG_0044_zpsld5xtqaf.jpg

IMG_0045_zpsmzlspaf3.jpg

Bill, I know the set is sold but am starting the same build. Did you 3d print that case or is it commercially available. Really not fond of the black box look? Oz

I believe he used a commercial case and perhaps he'll post a link for you. I have one in the black box which one can put an oversized battery in and one built in the Black Aero case: https://www.blackaero.com/products/eggfinder-lcd-case
It will take a 1500Mah battery and is a tight fit. It is easy to hold in the hand though as it looks like Bill's case will too. Kurt

Bill, I know the set is sold but am starting the same build. Did you 3d print that case or is it commercially available. Really not fond of the black box look? Oz

Cris's black project box is really cost effective. He does a good job of keeping his stuff affordable. I just prefer something with a different look and feel.
Here's the source for the case. Note that there are configs for different size LCD displays - I used the '16x2 compact'. Also, you'll see there are several battery compartment options.

https://www.boxenclosures.com/category/category_product.html?cats__id=965

I can't take credit for finding this - another generous rocketeer shared it with me.

I believe he used a commercial case and perhaps he'll post a link for you. I have one in the black box which one can put an oversized battery in and one built in the Black Aero case: https://www.blackaero.com/products/eggfinder-lcd-case
It will take a 1500Mah battery and is a tight fit. It is easy to hold in the hand though as it looks like Bill's case will too. Kurt

Thanks for the info Kurt. I was trying to remember blackaero. Haven't given the project much thought quite yet but soon. Appreciate it. Oz

Cris's black project box is really cost effective. He does a good job of keeping his stuff affordable. I just prefer something with a different look and feel.
Here's the source for the case. Note that there are configs for different size LCD displays - I used the '16x2 compact'. Also, you'll see there are several battery compartment options.

https://www.boxenclosures.com/category/category_product.html?cats__id=965

I can't take credit for finding this - another generous rocketeer shared it with me.

Thanks for the info Bill. His products are extremely affordable and the support is outstanding. Resources are clear and concise. Looking very much forward to my build. I got the ex antenna option as well. Thanks for the info on the case. Nice stuff

Thanks for the info Kurt. I was trying to remember blackaero. Haven't given the project much thought quite yet but soon. Appreciate it. Oz

You're welcome. If you go with that one I can dig up the link for the 1500Mah battery. It's posted somewhere here on TRF.
The case Bill used looks very nice too. Kurt

Here are a couple of antennas available for the EggFinder:

Frequency: 902 MHz to 928 MHz
Gain: 2 dB
Termination Style: RP-SMA
Length: 75 mm
(Assumed to be 1/4 wave, based on length)

Frequency: 902 MHz to 928 MHz
Gain: 2.5 dBi
Length: 6 inches
Termination Style: RP-SMA
Technology: 1/2 Wave Antenna

Antennas_zpszwvs5xau.jpg

Make sure that any antenna that you get on eBay has specifications, and is rated for the 902-928 MHz band. Most of the ones I've seen are dual-band antennas designed for cell phones... they're not optimal for this use.

Make sure that any antenna that you get on eBay has specifications, and is rated for the 902-928 MHz band. Most of the ones I've seen are dual-band antennas designed for cell phones... they're not optimal for this use.

Yup, The Linx antennas I've got are optimized for 916Mhz. Getting an antenna optimize as close to the frequency one is on leads to more efficient propagation.
While one is at Ebay, might consider a Yagi for the 900Mhz band if one is interested with increasing the ground footprint of the EggFinder LCD. The beamwidth is
too narrow for in-flight tracking but once the rocket is down, if it's out of sight on landing one can pick up the signal sooner. Not necessary for sport flying but
could be helpful for more extreme flights. Kurt

Latest posts

Back