Estes PSII Mammoth Rocksim/OpenRocket file?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ke5hvm

Reaction score
Looking at running sims on Estes PSII Mammoth to determine approximate altitudes for 'E' and 'F' powered flights, but can't seem to find any Rocksim/Openrocket files associated with this rocket.

Yes, I know I can do the measurements myself (which I will), but I do take comfort in seeing "official" design files to compare mine against.

If no design files are available, does anyone out there have any approximate altitudes they have achieved using Estes 29mm 'E' or 'F' black powder motors they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks!

Gerrit

Reading deeper through the posts and piecing things together is giving me some better idea of expected altitude on those motors. Thanks for the information and posts!
Gerrit

I've launched this one on the E16-4, F15-6 , F15-4 and the F32-6 with 24mm adapter. The JL3 altitude readings are respectively: 503, 890 (late deploy), 910 (early deploy) and 1202' (very near apogee). My bird weighs in at 13.1 Oz dry, 13.4 Oz with the 24mm adapter. Hope this helps. Here's a drag race video of mine (with the F15-6, 890 ft apogee on the left) and another Mammoth with the E16-4 on the right. My 4 year old son launching.
[video=youtube;ijj715DlYeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijj715DlYeM[/video]

Looking at running sims on Estes PSII Mammoth to determine approximate altitudes for 'E' and 'F' powered flights, but can't seem to find any Rocksim/Openrocket files associated with this rocket.

Yes, I know I can do the measurements myself (which I will), but I do take comfort in seeing "official" design files to compare mine against.

If no design files are available, does anyone out there have any approximate altitudes they have achieved using Estes 29mm 'E' or 'F' black powder motors they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks!

Gerrit

Someone get me some scans... I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

Gerrit

A word about "official" sim files: When you build your rocket, you'll likely end up with a slightly different weight or surface finish than what may be specified on someone else's file. You'll still probably be close, but with programs like OpenRocket and Rocksim, its really easy to create your own sim that perfectly matches your finished rocket.

Back