Something Nice For Veterans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Loudspeaker.jpg
Attention! Attention!

All Personnel...

I probably should have mentioned this some time ago... I guess better late than never.

While I was still in the US, I had a reason to stop into a local grocery store's satellite US Bank branch. I had to show the cashier my ID, and he noted that I had a US Vet stamp on it. So, he rearranged my account basically giving me a free checking account for life as a "Thank You for your service". I don't know if US Bank actually advertises this, but it should.

So, if you're a US Bank customer, and a vet, you might be able to change your account and save some $$$. If not, you might ask your bank if they have a similar policy.

Thanks US Bank!
Thanks Veterans!

That is all.

usaf-logo-veteran-12-patch-8.gif

Last edited:
Thank You K'Tesh!
For the good words and the service!
Rock on Brother!

Dave

Good lookin' out brother, thanks!

Top- haven't seen you around for a while. It's good to know that you're still lurking around here.

Good lookin' out brother, thanks!

Top- haven't seen you around for a while. It's good to know that you're still lurking around here.

Duty now for the future.
Once I get my living quarters and factory established, I will be back to make rockets and rocket parts on real equipment that needs sharpening or can run on the steam from a boiler if you don't have Electrical. And to think i once marveled at those with the power to bevel fins, yet I am too busy to use my machines like my shaper table or router for rockets!
What a bum deal!
Hopefully by next Winter, as I have used my love of the old Woodworking Equipment to meet folks that are quite handy with it. I am mighty envious of folks that grew up knowing how to work Wood.

I've done my banking with Keesler Federal Credit Union (https://www.kfcu.org/) for almost 19 years now... Always free! But good for you to provide this info for others who may benefit. :wink:

5/3 Bank also has free checking for Vets with a direct deposit account.

5/3 Bank also has free checking for Vets with a direct deposit account.

Nice thing about US Bank is you don't need direct deposit for the free account. If I had to have a direct deposit set up, I'd have lost my account a long time ago when I was working for my first employer here.

If you were honorably discharged, you should check out banking at USAA...here is a link to an independent review:

https://www.hullfinancialplanning.com/are-you-eligible-for-usaa-membership/

For me, the best part is that (since they don't have their own ATM machines), they reimburse you for $20 or so of the ATM withdrawal fees that you get charged, per month. So as long as you keep your monthly ATM withdrawals below that, you are good to go.

They also make it easy to do everything online. No more going to the bank and waiting on a line. I hate lines!

If you were honorably discharged, you should check out banking at USAA...here is a link to an independent review:

https://www.hullfinancialplanning.com/are-you-eligible-for-usaa-membership/

For me, the best part is that (since they don't have their own ATM machines), they reimburse you for $20 or so of the ATM withdrawal fees that you get charged, per month. So as long as you keep your monthly ATM withdrawals below that, you are good to go.

They also make it easy to do everything online. No more going to the bank and waiting on a line. I hate lines!
+10!

I Asked Mi Padre to sign, just so I Also Could.

Worth It!

Back