Looking to build 4” or bigger Nike Smoke, nosecone source recommendations?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahall4

Reaction score
Looking to build 4” or bigger Nike Smoke, nosecone source recommendations?

Don't tease me now ;-). I'd love to go to 8.25 , but just can't afford it.

I know the feeling. I could buy one big rocket and launch it once a year, or buy lots of little rockets and launch every month.

Still, I ended up with an 8" Formula 200. Had to sell a bass guitar to afford it. And then after chutes, altimeters, thrust plate, hardware, Unistrut buttons ... I'm out way more than I sold my bass for. Don't tell my wife!

And I don't have the reload yet. :facepalm:

If you send Madcow an email, they may be able to tell you when they will be available. They are very helpful.

+1 MadCow has a manual web store. Sometimes he gets new stock and doesn't see that the web store shows it's out. A quick call and he can tell you if he has it. He'll update the store for you if he does. He's done so for me in the past.

If you send Madcow an email, they may be able to tell you when they will be available. They are very helpful.

Certainly, great guys, in fact I emailed Mike K. about sourcing a component for a project we are working on before I posted here. The NIKE is just to fill some down time so-to-speak. Looks like they have no cones, hence the subject of the post. I'll ask him about it when he replies.

But so far I still have not found anyone that can sell me a 4" (or maybe even 5.5) cone..

Certainly, great guys, in fact I emailed Mike K. about sourcing a component for a project we are working on before I posted here. The NIKE is just to fill some down time so-to-speak. Looks like they have no cones, hence the subject of the post. I'll ask him about it when he replies.

But so far I still have not found anyone that can sell me a 4" (or maybe even 5.5) cone.

+1 MadCow has a manual web store. Sometimes he gets new stock and doesn't see that the web store shows it's out. A quick call and he can tell you if he has it. He'll update the store for you if he does. He's done so for me in the past.

That's a good point. I'll give them a call too.

BTW... I saw your L2 in person, but I'm not connecting with a face.

Back