NSL 2017 registration is now open

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is not an old map; it's a map that I drew 6 months ago by tracing a current Google Earth image. It doesn't show Alamotero Rd going all the way to the launch site. It shows the road ending at the locked gate half a mile east of the launch site. I only drew the road in for reference. I could eliminate some of that road to avoid confusion, however -- I need to update the map anyway to show where the museum warehouse is. I drew the map before the tours were approved.

The map alone without that description will be misleading. The majority of the people visiting the website won't see your reply here. The map looks a lot like the old one I have that has been around on the SMRA website for years. About 13 years ago when I first visited the site, I went down Alamoterro Rd and it was barely accessible then. Completely blocked now. So, regardless of if it's usefulness as a reference or for recovery, you need to change the map to make sure people don't get confused and attempt it as a primary access point.

As part of NSL 2017, we're offering several tours of local space or aerospace-related points of interest. One of them is an all day tour to the High Speed Test track at Holloman AFB and the historic V2 launch complex at White Sands Missile Range. This tour will take place on Tuesday, May 30 -- the day after the last day of the sport launch.

Here is a look at some of the history of the High Speed Test Track:

[video=youtube;VkcSsZttuxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkcSsZttuxg[/video]

Here is a look at how the Holloman High Speed Test Track is being used today. The track is not normally open for public viewing, so the tour we're offering represents a rare opportunity to see it up close.

[video=youtube;qdp4gxfwlv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdp4gxfwlv0[/video]

Just registered, booked a KOA spot for Thursday night to top off the tanks, planning on camping at the launch site for the rest of the weekend.

Just registered, booked a KOA spot for Thursday night to top off the tanks, planning on camping at the launch site for the rest of the weekend.

We have the same plans, thanks for reminding us to reserve a spot at the KOA. We will see you there, or on the road....

We have the same plans, thanks for reminding us to reserve a spot at the KOA. We will see you there, or on the road....

No problem, it (the KOA) looked a tad bit better than boothill... seriously, who names an RV park after a cemetery?!? I got one of the big pull thru's, since we're only there one night. See you guys there.

Back