• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Pro Series ALQ-37A Jayhawk (2085) info and scans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, plans.rocketshoppe has the instructions, fins, and decals (with ruler!). Problem is... No vacuum formed parts were scanned.

https://plans.rocketshoppe.com/estes/est2085/est2085.htm

From previous research, I'm sure that the aft centering ring (the small one) is 45mm OD. A check with JumpJet determined that the HBT-1000 is 1" OD, and .95 ID. The body tube/kit guide gives the body tube lengths as 13 for the 2.5" body tube, and 8" for the HBT-1000.

What I don't know is the dimensions of the tube coupler (OD/ID, length (I have my suspicions)), the shock cord, and that orange spacer that it came with... Don't worry, I'm planning a stock motor mount for the short-lived E-15 motors, and a modification for the longer modern E motors.

This sim will take a level of OR magic to get to look right, and I'm not sure how accurate it'll be for flight characteristics. Do not expect the file to be posted until after the new version of OR is released, as that is what it'll take to do all those external components.

I'm sure that there's more for me to know, but it's a quarter to 1 am local, so I'll have to save those questions for later.

Thanks!
Jim

You want the scans right? How else are you going to get them?

You want the scans right? How else are you going to get them?

Never know, there might be one or two others out there that have an opened, and unbuilt, ALQ-37A, besides myself. However, mine's in a box in a shipping container a few thousand miles away.

Photos of the unboxing please... Lots of photos.

(and a scan of the engine hook, laying on its side, with a ruler along the back edge).

Last edited:
Never know, there might be one or two others out there that have an opened, and unbuilt, ALQ-37A, besides myself. However, mine's in a box in a shipping container a few thousand miles away.

Photos of the unboxing please... Lots of photos.

(and a scan of the engine hook, laying on its side, with a ruler along the back edge).

And a partridge in a pear tree…

Stand by. I started some scanning last night on several kits. This was one of them.

I have an assembled one that's flown many times. If there's anything useful that can be gleaned off of that, let me know.

I have an opened, unbuilt kit, but I'm a stone cold noob. If you want me to measure or scan something, I can. It's also for sale, but no idea what it's worth.

I have an opened, unbuilt kit, but I'm a stone cold noob. If you want me to measure or scan something, I can. It's also for sale, but no idea what it's worth.

I've seen your auction... I'm interested in it. I've got to decide how much I need it vs buying clothing that fits me when I get back stateside in July.

Scans of all the flat parts (decals, fins, and engine hook (the CR's are optional))(with ruler included), good photos of the vacuum formed parts (with ruler) as well as measurements of the tube coupler would be great.

I lost a lot of research with a computer crash last year, and with me being in China, I can't just walk over to my unfinished one and take measurements.

Thanks!

Check out Doug Frost at www.frostrocketry.com/

I've purchased an excellent set of prints for the Jayhawk from him. He was one of the original designers for the Centuri kit.

Keith

Thanks for that! I'll check into it.

Back