Trouble importing a fin shape

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having a weird problem with OR 15.03, which is: importing a fin shape from an image is totally not working.

I've attached the relevant files. Here's the fin image:
frame-left-partial.png
And here's the fin shape dialog after import:
after_import.png
As you can see (just look at the coordinate list on the left), OR has interpreted the fin shape as a ginormous rectangle. Does anyone see anything obviously wrong in what I'm doing here?

Attachments

• quinstar.ork
    539 bytes · Views: 35
View attachment 312161
I'm having a weird problem with OR 15.03, which is: importing a fin shape from an image is totally not working.

I've attached the relevant files. Here's the fin image:
View attachment 312150
And here's the fin shape dialog after import:
View attachment 312149
As you can see (just look at the coordinate list on the left), OR has interpreted the fin shape as a ginormous rectangle. Does anyone see anything obviously wrong in what I'm doing here?

frame-left-partial.png frame-left-partial results.png

I downloaded the image, imported it into a sim, and got a rectangle. I opened the image file and found a single white pixel in the black of the fin. I changed the background to yellow, then the fin to white, and back to black. Finally, I changed the yellow to white again, and saved it. I got results that looked favorable.

Attachments

• Neils problem fin.ork
    697 bytes · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back