BattlePark March 11 & 12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone interested, some of the member of TCVA25 have reserved the E5-9 and F5-10 parking spot at LDRS. All the spots E & F 11 and up are still available. So if you want to set up with other BattlePark guy, grab your spots now.

If you have a spot somewhere else and want to move, you might be able to do that online, or contact the MDRA folks and see if they can change your spot for you. Mike is bringing some of the club tents, tables, etc. for use in the area.

Didn't make it February, I was at MDRA all weekend. For March I'm planning to go to Battlepark on Saturday, then drive up to Eastern Shore Saturday evening and go to MDRA on Sunday. At Battlepark I'll probably be flying my 6" upscale Onyx on a big Vmax.

While I'm at Battlepark I'll be picking up some 75mm Aerotech reloads from Ken Allen to fly in my CTI hardware, because nobody has 75mm CTI reloads in stock. And I need something to put in my Formula 150 for LDRS.

Didn't make it February, I was at MDRA all weekend. For March I'm planning to go to Battlepark on Saturday, then drive up to Eastern Shore Saturday evening and go to MDRA on Sunday. At Battlepark I'll probably be flying my 6" upscale Onyx on a big Vmax.

While I'm at Battlepark I'll be picking up some 75mm Aerotech reloads from Ken Allen to fly in my CTI hardware, because nobody has 75mm CTI reloads in stock. And I need something to put in my Formula 150 for LDRS.

Maybe it's time for snap ring cases and a mixer....

Just so everyone knows... Kevin of Wildman VA will be attending the remaining launches at BattlePark. Probably on Saturday, weather permitting. Contact him for pre-orders and schedule.

The last I heard, he still has a pretty good inventory of CTI reloads, at least in the 38mm and smaller sizes.

Just so everyone knows... Kevin of Wildman VA will be attending the remaining launches at BattlePark. Probably on Saturday, weather permitting. Contact him for pre-orders and schedule.

The last I heard, he still has a pretty good inventory of CTI reloads, at least in the 38mm and smaller sizes.
Good news. Any word on Ken?
I think he can only drop off early on Saturday - as he did last time.

I just talked to Ken a couple of days ago. He said that he would be at the Battlepark launch at the end of March but not at the March 11-12 launch.

Looks like I'll finally be ready to static test my EX M hybrid motor, THRP-1 (Tiny Hybrid Rocket Project 1). You can find more pictures of it in the Hybrid thread in the propulsion forum.

Gerald

Somewhat Assembled resized.jpg

I plan to clean and assemble the flight tank tomorrow, and hopefully get the fuel cast. I'm getting it ready... Fingers crossed for nice weather!

Gerald

Sounds good. I'm mixing up a batch 54 and 38mm EX right now. Have a new scratch built rocket that should be ready to fly by Sat. The better half says I have to paint it first, but I think it will be better with a little Culpeper red clay as primer....

Checked the weather channel and they are calling for rain and snow showers Sat. night. Only 5 - 10 mph winds during the day. We'll see. This far out, they are never right, but based on that, it looks like Sat. is the day to fly. You never know. Sunday might turn out to be the perfect flying day.

That's why I don't load motors the night before. I like to get to the field and fly the field(weather).

For anyone interested, I've started a detailed thread on THRP-1 in the Research forum.

I'm hoping we can have nice warm weather this coming weekend, like we had a little while ago!

Gerald

Well, it's Thursday and the weather forecast is getting a little firmer. It can still change, or the weatherguessers can be wrong, but as of now; Saturday looks to be sunny, about 40 deg. and 7 mph winds. Should be a great day to fly. Sunday might be even better, but a little more cloudy.

See all ya all at BattlePark

I'm not going to static test the EX hybrid this weekend. Ambient temperature won't be getting quite high enough for adequate pressurization. Hopefully it will work out at the next launch opportunity.

Gerald

Sadly I cannot make it this week, but I have the time off work to be there all 3 days at the end of the month

I had plans to come and fly my BBIII but it's looking like I won't be getting the time to finish it. Got a new phone on Monday and have not yet been able to get it functioning properly so that's going to be priority.

I was going to go to MDRA this weekend but windy forecast for the Eastern Shore today, plus I wanted to buy some reloads from Wildman for LDRS. So I decided to go to Battlepark today and MDRA on Sunday.
Nice day for flying but very light attendance today. When I left at about 3 pm I had had the only high power flight of the day with my upscale Onyx on a J1055 Vmax. Nice flight but the rubber band broke on the JLCR opening the main at apogee. There was a school group preparing another J motor flight when I left.

Now I'm in Annapolis and will be going to MDRA tomorrow.

Definitely a light day of flying. We helped a TARC team out with their rocket by suggesting some design changes. Kind of back to the drawing board for them. The day ended with the successful launch of the SLI team's sub scale rocket. Looks like they have solved their comm problems they were having.

Hopefully Sunday's weather will be as nice as it was on Saturday.

See you at the field.

Ben

I wish I could have made it this weekend but with some luck, I'll be at Battlepark in two weeks with a couple of new rockets to test before LDRS.

Missed Saturday, but Sunday was a very good day to fly. Quite a few folks showed up, at least 3 TARC teams and we had some good flights. I managed to trash the fin can on my new scratch built on it's second flight. The apogee charged didn't go off. I caught the main as it opened right above the ground. I think the fin can slammed into the ground pretty hard. Broke the BT into three places. The fins and MMT are OK so will probably rebuild the lower half. Had a good flight with Callisto on a H180W to 3059 ft. and the JLCR worked great, opened right at 200 ft.

Back