Cheap Kevlar on ebay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good deal. Similar sizes and cost (slightly better actually) to emmakites.com which I've used successfully before.

I've purchased the braided 100lb, 250lb, and 380lb from Emma Kites who sells both on e-bay and their own website (https://www.emmakites.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=365). This listing looks similar to what Emma Kites sells. I've been very pleased with the quality and durability and I use for LPR & MPR. Just make sure it is braided and not twisted.

Go to the Kevlar Store: https://www.thekevlarstore.com

Less than half the price per foot of the eBay listing, and best Kevlar I've ever bought.

Another reason to buy from Kevlar Store is that his entire business started here on TRF 11 years ago! I had run across his stuff on eBay, corresponded with him, he knew nothing about rocketry. So he came here and posted what he had and sales from folks here put him in business. Great guy.

That old thread: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...t-strength-1-000-ft-pkgs&highlight=kevlar+guy

The Kevlar store does not have any Kevlar that is stronger than 200 lbs and he wants $7 for 30'. The ebayer has 500 lbs for $8 per 100 ft shipping included. The deal on ebay might just be the best deal on Kevlar there is. Please tell me if I am missing anything.

Thanks all,

I purchased from the Kevlar Store years ago and still have a little bit left from my initial purchase. Below are pictures of 200lb Kevlar Store and 100lb and 250lb Emma Kite. Kevlar Store is twisted; Emma Kite is braided.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1486840477.613649.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1486840492.732294.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1486840505.981069.jpg

I am done buying from overseas and complaining about the economy in this country..
Then look with a scouring face at the elected officials in office because the poor U.S. economy is their fault..
I sell the 1/8" Tubular Kevlar in a 50 ft hank for $12..
The ebay ad that has such unbelievably fantastic prices that make people say,,
awww screw it I'll just buy from them, has the same material in their listing for $11..
I get the material I sell from mills that manufacture it in this country..
I don't know where the Kevlar store gets their material,,
but if you bought from either me or the Kevlar store I'd think that at least you'd have a clear conscious
that you're sending your money to someone in this country..
But I guess from how often I see this exact same thread that only counts if it's on your mind at all...

Rant over...

Teddy

I bought what seems like a lifetime supply of 1/8 from Fuddrucker years ago who sourced from USA.

Do you sell anything smaller than 1/8 that is braided and not twisted?

I am done buying from overseas and complaining about the economy in this country..
Then look with a scouring face at the elected officials in office because the poor U.S. economy is their fault..
awww screw it I'll just buy from them, has the same material in their listing for $11..
but if you bought from either me or the Kevlar store I'd think that at least you'd have a clear conscious
But I guess from how often I see this exact same thread that only counts if it's on your mind at all...

Rant over...

Teddy

I hear what you're saying Teddy. I lost my IT job in November and was making ends meet in the interim by driving for a rideshare company until a taxi made an illegal U turn into me so for the past three weeks I have had zero income. I bought the Chinese Kevlar as money is tight right now and I want to get my Estes V2 ready for a club launch in early March. After spending about three weeks wrangling with insurance companies it looks like I will get my car fixed this coming week so I'll be back on the road earning money and in 10 days I begin a new IT job making more than the last job I lost. I bought 100 ft of the 380# Kevlar. I saw Apogee Component's video on how to crochet the line so that it fits. I am planning on using 10' of line in the Estes V2.

Teddy,

Thank you for sharing that about your K. I'll keep that in mind next time I buy.

KEEP IT UP!

Rant over...

Teddy

+1 What's the break strength on the 1/8" tubular?

Back