Does anyone speak Swedish?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayryq

Reaction score
I'm building an Estes Photon Probe and my wife remarked, in passing, that it "looks Swedish." I thought I'd run with it and print some Swedish Air Force insignia, etc. to decorate.

I'm wondering what the Swedish translation of "Photon Probe" would be. I can type it into an online translator and I get "foton" and "sond" for the two words. But I'm only guessing that the correct phrase would be "foton sond" -- probably that's an English construction.

Can anyone familiar with Swedish syntax tell me the correct phrase for "a spaceship meant to probe photons" or "photon probe"?

Thanks in advance

Jef snakker litt svensk eller norsk. Min far alltid sa "Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds, chased by one Norwegian!"

Lol!

My understanding is that the Nordic peoples are all very similar. A Norwegian is about the same as a Swede, except the Norwegian has his brains smashed in!

I only speak one language. English the language of the whole world....well it should be. Well the only language in the USA.

In the USA, we don't speak English. We speak American.

[Insert profanity riddled proclamation of joyful agreement]

I only speak one language. English the language of the whole world....well it should be. Well the only language in the USA.

It's too bad you feel that way. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from studying different languages. It has helped me appreciate the English language more, learn about different cultures and become more open minded. It has literally enriched my life.

Steve Shannon

Proto-Indo-European for life, none of that Finno-Ugric nonsense in here ( I'm looking at you, Hungary ).

Back