Is Flying Cars in Our Future?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm being entirely facetious. I'm aware of the quirks of old diesels.

However, the only people I hear about "rolling coal...." these days are the ones that deliberately remove exhaust emission components or install engine-trick switches (illegal mods) in order to create the effect (absurdly exaggerated too).

Good I am glad you know.

I dont think it should be illegal. The people that made the rule that it is illegal are rich political leaders who probably never owned or drove a diesel that make the rules.

It does hurt the longevity of the engine, why do you think people are modifying there truck. These new trucks with these emissions will not run as long as the older diesels from the mid 90's to mid 00's. I think lots of people will agree.

I drive a gasser. I will not drive a diesel.

1. 8-10 grand more than gas
2. The stupid emissions crap
3. Wont last as long as the older diesels.
4. For someone who does not tow heavy loads often a gas is plenty.
5. Take forever to for the diesel to pay for itself.

I wish all this wasn't true but it is, it is the times we live in.

Actually, Columbia, it is in a lot of places.. You need to have a hands free device at the very least, or not talk at all. Texting too, that is verboten even at a stop light..

Sadly, we see it all the time.

Actually, Columbia, it is in a lot of places.. You need to have a hands free device at the very least, or not talk at all. Texting too, that is verboten even at a stop light..

Sadly, we see it all the time.

It is sad there has to be laws against phone use. People should just use common sense. But most of humanity is not evolved enough to use common sense. Here in Oklahoma it is not against the law to talk on the phone. My car and truck has hands free. I never have to touch my phone. I am connected to all the people without looking at my phone. I think that is standard on all new cars these days.

If, and only if, we have the courage to require much stricter licensing that we now do for road cars, this becomes a non issue. It would mean an expansion of the FAA or a similar agency to handle the increased air traffic volume, air worthiness certification, air traffic control and driver/pilot licensing. As I said, if and only if.

Yeah but this is different. I do not doubt technologically it could be done although that tech is a long way off...But I just question whether we as a species can handle it? Seriously, flying cars are going to have to be completely and utterly automated from take off to landing otherwise it really will be disaster. I work in road construction so I see up close how well/poorly people can handle flat roads and I shudder to think what it would be like if they could go up and down as well. :y:

If, and only if, we have the courage to require much stricter licensing that we now do for road cars, this becomes a non issue. It would mean an expansion of the FAA or a similar agency to handle the increased air traffic volume, air worthiness certification, air traffic control and driver/pilot licensing. As I said, if and only if.

We need less restriction. We are restricted on so much stuff.

Columbia, I like jabbing with you :D

Actually, no we do require more regulation & restrictions, in / on certain events / situations. Only because the masses generally will take as much as they can, and really not worry or care about the other guy.. Remember, we have restrictions because someone somewhere at some time did something that made the many wonder who will do it again, and to what extend potential damages might be.

While you might be against some restrictions, you're happy others are around / enforced..

And granted, a good number of current regulations & restrictions do need to be reviewed..

I leave my phone at home. Refuse to be surgically attached to it. I had seen one particular imbecile at a stop light who was jabbering away on hers and rolled RIGHT OUT into the middle of the intersection blocking traffic!

Are Flying Cars in our future?

Only if you are Korben Dallas, Rick Deckard or George Jetson.

Back