Super Bowl snack/dinner--who's your team?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet driver

Reaction score
So what's yours? We'll be doing mini kabobs,wings and of course chips and dip--Falcons all the way in this house!!---H

Probably won't watch. I haven't seen a single game this season and was so disconnected that I wouldn't have even known there was a game if our youth group hadn't decided to cancel so they could stay home and watch the game. Probably won't have anything to eat worth writing about. My wife and I are trying to lose weight so our current standard is soup, salad, and fruit. Okay, there's some good stuff to cheat on in the house including some good chocolate we brought home from the Brussels airport, but overall,... meh.

I'm a rocketry wonk... I don't do sports... Never have. Never will. Don't know who's playing... Don't care.

As for superbowl Sunday dinner? Easy... Chinese food. That goes for every meal, every day of the week, and has been that way (except for some foreign food while traveling around Beijing, and Shanghai) for the last 13 months.

Last edited:
For me? Hannah's at college and parents are at a party, so I'm home alone. I'll be watching the game live-streamed in my workshop and eating nachos.

We are going to one of my brothers house. We gather every year for The Big Game, All kinds of snacks, drinks and chilli at half time. Half are for the Falcons and the other half are for the Patriots.

I'm watching the Cowboys on the Western Channel.

EDIT: My nephew called, wanted me record it so he can come next weekend to watch it with me.
The only reason I agreed, is he is bringing a case of BEER!
He's got car trouble, so he can't come over this weekend.
I'd go get him, but the wife won't take him home afterward.
NO WAY am I driving after drinking.

Last edited:
Don't forget to warn the children about the half time freak-show. They could be scarred for life! :y:

FYI, the half-time show was carefully chosen by a bunch of marketing and advertising people to have maximum appeal to the top demographic group, which would be 15-25 year olds, for reasons I'm not exactly sure about.

Whenever I see something on TV I don't understand, I just assume I'm not the target marketing demographic group. (I'm entering the age where the erection pills and acid reflux treatments, along with urinary incontinence and constipation treatments are aimed at me like a laser!).

Don't forget to warn the children about the half time freak-show. They could be scarred for life! :y:

Aint it the truth...

It gets worse with...

Each passing year...

They put the "F"...

In freak...

I kind of hate the Super Bowl. I wish they would treat it like a regular game. A normal length half time, not a stupid half time show. I could do without the all day build up too. It is a game- drop the rest of the BS.

As to who I have. I have no stake or preference as to who I want. That said, my money is on the Pats.

Food- grilled wings and brats.

Probably won't watch. I haven't seen a single game this season and was so disconnected that I wouldn't have even known there was a game if our youth group hadn't decided to cancel so they could stay home and watch the game. Probably won't have anything to eat worth writing about. My wife and I are trying to lose weight so our current standard is soup, salad, and fruit. Okay, there's some good stuff to cheat on in the house including some good chocolate we brought home from the Brussels airport, but overall,... meh.

I watched part of a few games this year, but I agree.. meh. Sports in general don't appeal much to me anymore. Just a lot of very highly paid people doing stuff that has no real impact on me. And the team from my home state floundered about halfway through the season so I gave up yet again.

I will do you a favor good sir and help you keep to your diet; just ship that Belgian chocolate to me. Dang they make good chocolate over there. There was one time my wife and I were coming back from Europe and we had foreign currency left over. If you sell it back you lose a ton in the exchange rate, so we hit a big grocery store the day we left and bought about a dozen 250 gram Cadbury bars. My wife took the camera bag as her carry on and I stuffed the chocolate bars into mine. When they X-rayed the bag they pulled mine aside and looked into it. I guess a dozen large foiled bars in two stacks looked a little suspicious. Once they realized it was chocolate they gave it back to me and just gave me a weird look like who needs that much chocolate.

1st time in years I am not having friends over! :) In 2000 I went all out & set up my living room like a stadium! I had seating sections! :eyepop: The pit couch/sofa was the box seats! The director chairs were reserve seating & the bar stools behind the pit were general admission! :cool: I had signs stating Box Seats & Sections. I had signs stating row 1 (all sections only had one row & of course it was row 1). On the side of the wall entering the living room I had a sign "Gate 1" & the door to the patio had a sign "Exit". I had arrows pointing to restrooms & concessions.:surprised: I water smoked an eye of round for 10 hours & never got to taste it! :mad: About 10 years ago I stopped cooking and would order pizzas from a great pizza place. I would place the order at the 2nd half 2 minute warning. Leave to pick it up at the end of the half & be back in time so everyone would have pizza a fresh cold one in time for the 2nd half! And I would happily miss the FREAK SHOW @ halftime!:facepalm:

FYI, the half-time show was carefully chosen by a bunch of marketing and advertising people to have maximum appeal to the top demographic group, which would be 15-25 year olds, for reasons I'm not exactly sure about.

Whenever I see something on TV I don't understand, I just assume I'm not the target marketing demographic group. (I'm entering the age where the erection pills and acid reflux treatments, along with urinary incontinence and constipation treatments are aimed at me like a laser!).

LOL!!! And $5,000,000/minute for a 30 second spot! Oh well, unlike taxes, I'm not forced to buy what's being sold (at least not yet) and it gives us all an opportunity to visit the latrine.

Not a lot of love for Lady Gaga, huh? You may still wish to tune in for the halftime show anyway, as the FAA has issued a Part 107 waiver for hundreds of drones to fly inside the stadium as part of her show.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/02/04/technology/super-bowl-lady-gaga-drones/

Drones or not, I'm looking forward to her performance. She'll get bonus points from me if she goes political.

James

RISE UP!! Falcons all the way!!!!

We have chips, cheese dip, bacon wrapped wieners, meatballs, and some other cheese/salsa mixture that my wife made. An hour to go and we're ready and hoping the Falcons do what they did two weeks ago!!

So what's yours? We'll be doing mini kabobs,wings and of course chips and dip--Falcons all the way in this house!!---H
Wife did up some home made meat balls. Throw some in rolls,heat in oven topped w/cheese.
Also have a bowl of rabbit food. Need me greens.
All the other crap too..chips, dips, ya know, all the healthful stuff. :no:

Go Patriots.!
No bets,win lose or draw..I still have to go to work in the morning.

Not a lot of love for Lady Gaga, huh? You may still wish to tune in for the halftime show anyway, as the FAA has issued a Part 107 waiver for hundreds of drones to fly inside the stadium as part of her show.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/02/04/technology/super-bowl-lady-gaga-drones/

Drones or not, I'm looking forward to her performance. She'll get bonus points from me if she goes political.

Yes, I am looking forward to the drones, and the freakier the better as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Supposedly she was instructed not to do anything political, but I still wouldn't rule it out.

The No Drone Zone commercial:
[video=youtube;Ax8q-gHZf88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8q-gHZf88[/video]

I just finished a spaghetti supper.

As for watching the game, I feel the same way about sports as I feel about sex....

Unless I'm participating in it, I am not interested in watching it.

Time to sand some Bondo....

I stand corrected. Lady Gaga put on a fantastic performance! She's a very talented performer regardless of her sometimes bizarre costumes and has a powerful singing voice. Sometimes you just can't judge a book by it's cover.

Never been a gaga fan but that entrance into the stadium from the roof took more guts than I have!!!!!

Back