3D printed electronics sled

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molten_dragon

Reaction score
Quite awhile back I bought a Wildman warrior mini kit with the dual deploy upgrade. I got it mostly built, then got stuck on the electronics sled. The av bay on that kit is tiny, 35mm in diameter and only 4 inches long. A 9v battery and my RRC2 would just barely fit, and putting together a sled to position everything correctly was a real struggle. So I eventually gave up.

Well this last Christmas I got a 3D printer from my wife. I dusted off my extremely rusty CAD skills and got to work. It took 6 design iterations and about 10 prints, but I finally ended up with something that works quite well.

Imgur Album

I still need to do some testing with it to make sure that it's strong enough for the eyebolts to stay in place in the plastic, and that it isn't going to melt when the ejection charge goes off, but this is the first one I've made where everything actually fits where it's supposed to.

I print mine in several parts.
Ejections charges won't burn it even if It is pla.
However be carfull with PLA print, on a hot day left in a car they will melt

Is there a way to tell the material if you didn't make it yourself? Mac performance Rayzor came with a printed sled, but I don't know anything more about it. They're active here, so I could just ask, but...

Looks great!, working on my first DD rocket something small, T-60 in diameter. This is my first version of the eBay, and definitely not the last!
20170207_075320.jpg20170207_074212.jpg20170207_073938.jpg

It's colorfabb nGen, so the glass transition temp is quite a bit higher than PLA.

Latest posts

Back