Rock Lake 19

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all!

Book the dates! Rock Lake 19 will be on June 30 to July 2, 2017. More information coming.
Please go to www.lethbridgerocketry.com for ongoing information.

We used to come up all the time. Is it now necessary for a U.S. flyer to join CAR and pass the test in order to participate at our equivalent TRA/NAR levels?

Hey Steve,

At this time I do believe you do need to be a CAR member but you would automatically be L4 due to you being L3 TRA. I do believe it is an insurance issue on our (CAR's) end. I still run dual memberships even though I haven't flown at a Tripoli launch in years. I think it's good to support both.

Jason

TRA 10017
CAR/ACF 576

We used to come up all the time. Is it now necessary for a U.S. flyer to join CAR and pass the test in order to participate at our equivalent TRA/NAR levels?

Hey Len, I was planning on attending as well. I turned around and moved to the east coast so this year's Rock Lake is now out of the question.

Shannon

Hey Len, I was planning on attending as well. I turned around and moved to the east coast so this year's Rock Lake is now out of the question.

Shannon

Now why would you go and do that? :)

I was hoping you were going to be there. Ah well, good luck out there. What province are you in? Is there anywhere to fly near you?

I guess CAR-ACF is going to need a new BC rep.

I wish you all the best in your new endeavours on the East coast. Cheers!

Shannon
There is always Rage at the Gage, in September. Unless you're on "the Rock" (Newfoundland), in which case the trip probably isn't practical. You're certainly welcome to join us!

I'm in Nova Scotia and plan on being at Rage if all my stuff arrives in time.

Cheers

Shannon

Anyone want to share what they plan to fly?
I have a few rockets I hope to fly. Just making some adjustments and last minute installations of nose weight systems and such.
1) LOC Nuke Pro Maxx to test some electronics prior to doing the bigger stuff. (29mm with adapter and maybe one 38mm)
2) Wildman (PR) 4 inch Gizmo. (38mm with adapter and 54mm soda can CTI motors planned)
3) PR Gizmo most likely on an Aerotech J. (I have a few choices) Maybe a CTI J210?)
4) PR Mad Dog 4. This one I have a CTI K445 set aside for. Should be fun.
I doubt that I will get all of these in the air. A lot depends on the wind, weather and recovery walks!

Sadly, all of these are unpainted. It's lame but there it is. I hope to fly a few of these in the fall in Washington.
A kind gentleman is holding motors there for me since last fall when we cancelled our trip due to illness.

So, what are others planning?

Last edited:
This was my third Rock Lake, but the first time camping out for the weekend. Just thought I'd share a few photos.

Some local Hutterites came out to watch.

This two stage rocket started out so beautifully, but the second stage failed to lite.

My first mid-power launch.

My Xarconian Cruiser flew pretty well. I spent more time on this build than rocket I've ever constructed, which made me quite worried about a crash. Three launches, zero damage...until one of the fins snagged my shorts carrying it back to my trailer.

Those pictures look like Dwayne's rockets? Is that Dwayne from S'toon?
I also attended Rock Lake for the first time. All of my flights went very well. I had a great time. The only drawback was the heat, but who can complain about 3 days of clear blue skies and lite winds.
Later, Trevor

I'm not sure who the high power rockets belonged to. Dwayne only had 1 HP rocket with him and the was Der Red Max that he dragged race with on Sunday with a premature ejection.

How did the video from you Sunday launch turn out?

Cheers,

Jason

Back