AIRFEST XXIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read it on the Internet, so it must be true!

''FRIDAY - Mostly Sunny, High temp - 85, Low - 63, Winds - 11 MPH
SATURDAY - Partly Cloudy, High temp - 87, Low - 64, Winds - 9 MPH
SUNDAY - Sunny, High temp - 88, Low - 64, Winds - 6 MPH
MONDAY - Mostly Sunny, High temp - 86, Low - 63, Winds - 6 MPH''

Bob your on the hook now!

We really tried to cut back on the number of rockets we are bringing to Airfest:
004.jpg

How did we do?
Do I see a 2 stage in there? I smell a drag race.

We are getting ready to take off on Tuesday.
Hopefully we will hit the pasture Wednesday afternoon.
I have at least one new kit coming with.
A couple of sales on different things.
Oh I almost forgot Portillo's for the setup crew and friends on Thursday complements of Wildman's and One Bad Hawk and I think Jackie is going to bring the Smoker with for Friday .

Last edited:
No, no you don't! The Kloudbusters do not allow drag races of any number of multistage rockets. This rule has been in place since 2013.
Bob

Thank you Bob. That isn't exactly what I said when I read Tim's post, but at least your comment can be posted.... Hey Wildman, I got a 4" "R2 V2" with a K454 Skid, at least I think it's a K454.....

one of these years ill make it back out there. i was out there in 2001 for airfast and wow!! what a great time and great people!
i drove from michigan out there for my brothers wedding in wichita. it was so nice of him to have his wedding on that friday- gave me and my brother time to dive down to argonia saturday morning.
i took my THOY nighthawk for its maiden flight on a cluster. dont recall who the vendor was i talked to, but he was very helpful and hooked me up with a motor selection- 3-G125's and 4-G25's. he said it should be a pretty wicked cool flight with the G125's really poppin it up and the G25's keepin it going and adding lots o white smoke.
and he wasnt kidding- came to be my favorite combo in my baby.
and seeing a drag race of seriously upscaled mini maggs- i gotta find them pictures!
it was an awesome experience.

for anyone that hasnt been- youre going to have a great time!
2 suggestions-
1-take LOTS of drinking water.
2-PLEASE wear sunscreen! even if its cloudy, UV rays can cause damage.
ok, 3 suggestions:
3- have a great time!

Will I be able to buy an igniter for my M1297 from an onsite vendor? I assembled my motor today and see that it doesn't come with one. I can get the Aerotech First Fire igniters from Chris' Rocket Supplies, but was wondering if they are big enough to start this motor.

David

Will I be able to buy an igniter for my M1297 from an onsite vendor? I assembled my motor today and see that it doesn't come with one. I can get the Aerotech First Fire igniters from Chris' Rocket Supplies, but was wondering if they are big enough to start this motor.

David
Yes, come see me and I have some that will work for it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Any chance of a vendor having some Rocketpoxy for sale? (2 pint) Trying to find out if not i'll just buy it online. Thanks

It will be great to see all of you again since missing the event last year...
Same old story, work 14 hours then get home Saturday afternoon and, get 6 hours of sleep before driving out 750 miles to Kansas.
This year (Sunday) it's just helping out my good friend Nick Adams with his O flight and, making sure that Wild Jake Brown finally gets his L-3 in the bag.
No projects for me this year, plans...big plans for next but, that's what we do when friends need help.
The immaculate desolation of Kansas is calling me back.
See all of real soon!;)

Hey Gus, -Is "Wild Jake Brown" the person you brought to NARAM in Michigan?

If it is, then I want to see a launch report and some pictures.

He was an interesting guy... but I think the only picture I got - is one where he is standing next to my mom and they are both yelling "Heads-Up"

vlcsnap-2017-08-26-18h26m16s438.jpg

We are getting ready to take off on Tuesday.
Hopefully we will hit the pasture Wednesday afternoon.
I have at least one new kit coming with.
A couple of sales on different things.
Oh I almost forgot Portillo's for the setup crew and friends on Thursday complements of Wildman's and One Bad Hawk and I think Jackie is going to bring the Smoker with for Friday .

Tim is the new kit a Bull Pup? 5" would be great

Hey Gus, -Is "Wild Jake Brown" the person you brought to NARAM in Michigan?

If it is, then I want to see a launch report and some pictures.

He was an interesting guy... but I think the only picture I got - is one where he is standing next to my mom and they are both yelling "Heads-Up"

That's our man! Brown/Cash depending on the moment...:lol: Love the shot of the "Hellcat in peril"
(My good friend who does Paintless Dent Repair) took care of the damage Monday.
You'd NEVER know it happened- He's THAT GOOD. :eek:

I just got word tonight that Jakes motor did not arrive in time so Papa Cash and, Jake will attempt the L-3 at MWP this year-

Tonight Nick Adams and, I glued up his O-3400 for his QCC Explorer flight Sunday. Everyone drop by and, introduce yourselves to him if you get a chance! I KNOW Nick will enjoy putting the faces to the names on here but, most of all...He's a really great guy too meet and, call a friend.
I'll see you in Kansas Sunday Nick Amigo...Let's kick it Chicago Rocket Mafia style! :bangbang:

Sabrina- you'll get TONS of pictures/videos from "Uncle Gus" while he's there too! Now EAT your vegetables! :rant:

Well, I just did a ground test on my bird that's gonna go to 17k feet. All good, save for bumping it up about 1/2 gram just for good measure.

Sounds like we may stay through sunday -- so I guess I'll bring something else to fly with me.

See y'all at the field.
Mike

Well, I just did a ground test on my bird that's gonna go to 17k feet. All good, save for bumping it up about 1/2 gram just for good measure.

Sounds like we may stay through sunday -- so I guess I'll bring something else to fly with me.

See y'all at the field.
Mike
Make sure you come by and say hi.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Air Fest. Fire, Smoke, noise.

If you go....volunteer as pad manager for a shift. It's freakin' awesome.

I will have few demos, including a new DMS 38mm Moonburn Dark Matter.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/flyaerotech/videos/vb.159005948954/10155550101343955/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=150393368894 4587[/video]

I'm looking at the projected path for the remnants of Hurricane Harvey and it looks like it could get close enough to Kansas to provide at least a lot of cloud cover late this week if not some rain. The official forecast is nothing but sun so I guess they're confident that the cold front in that area will steer everything eastward. Still, though, let's all cross our fingers and send happy thoughts to that cold front to make sure it stays strong. :)

[video]https://www.facebook.com/flyaerotech/videos/vb.159005948954/10155550101343955/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=150393368894 4587[/video]

CHARLIE! I want one! Is my 4.5 lb. Darkstar Jr. too heavy? If so, Sharon's Dark Jart is 3.25 lbs....... I loves me some Dark Matter, and a Moonburner? AWESOME!

I'm looking at the projected path for the remnants of Hurricane Harvey and it looks like it could get close enough to Kansas to provide at least a lot of cloud cover late this week if not some rain. The official forecast is nothing but sun so I guess they're confident that the cold front in that area will steer everything eastward. Still, though, let's all cross our fingers and send happy thoughts to that cold front to make sure it stays strong. :)

Glenn,
I just checked the latest forecasts and there is seems to be very little chance of rain or cloud cover. Forecasts are still for winds less than 11MPH all four days. The temperature forecasts have crept up a bit with Sunday being the hottest day with a high of 92. All in all, we are looking at the best flying conditions for an Airfest in several years.
See you on the Rocket Pasture,
Bob

Very NICE !!

Would that motor require HAZMAT shipping? And is there any estimated price? Will they be for sale @ AIRFEST?
Thanks,

I'll have a 2lb 3oz GoDevil 38 at Airfest that would be real nice with that in it...just sayin.

Back