AIRFEST XXIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the middle of moving and feeling like I won't have as many projects ready on time. Hopefully I will be able to make time to mix/build and prep after settling in to the new house.

You can come down to the Rocket Pasture, hang out with your extended Kansas buddies, help us run a fun and safe launch then drink a cold rrefreshment (or two) in the evening! OR . . . . . You can unpack boxes and try to figure out where you're going to put all that stuff. Tough choices, eh?
Bob

Last edited:
I'll be there flying something that involves more than one stage.

Me too! ;)

Plans so far. Hang out with Preston

He is kind of cute and, squeezable! :eek:

I am in the middle of moving and feeling like I won't have as many projects ready on time. Hopefully I will be able to make time to mix/build and prep after settling in to the new house.

Meaning: I'm not bringing AT LEAST a dozen rockets. Jason? One will suffice...So how's the move into the former Playboy Mansion Chicago coming along? You've been very quiet recently...
Miss you! See you there! :cyclops:

You can come down to the Roxket Pasture, hang out with your extended Kansas buddies, help us run a fun and safe launch then drink a cold rrefreshment (or two) in the evening! OR . . . . . You can unpack boxes and try to figure out where you're going to put all that stuff. Tough choices, eh?
Bob

+1...
Jason,,
This is not a maybe launch..
You HAVE to go to this one..
In the long run,,
what's the difference if the moving in processes get's pushed a week ??
None ??
Plus,, we'd all miss you,, lol..

Teddy

( Oh,, and you have to bring Steve,, doesn't have to be willingly,, but he has to be there,,
tied, gagged, and kickin in one of the bins under Tim's motor home will be fine.. )

I've made it official (i.e.- I told my wife) that I'm coming out AF again this year. I had an amazing time at my first visit there in 2015 and I couldn't go any longer without a return trip.

Now comes the hard part - deciding what to build and fly!

The Mrs. and I will probably be coming. Any suggestions for hotels nearby?

The Mrs. and I will probably be coming. Any suggestions for hotels nearby?

You want to stay at either of the Cobblestone Inns in Anthony or Harper. Call them to make your reservations and ask for the Kloudbusters rate.

You want to stay at either of the Cobblestone Inns in Anthony or Harper. Call them to make your reservations and ask for the Kloudbusters rate.

Those are some nice hotels. I have stayed at the one in Anthony.

Well. . . . Airfest is drawing closer.
It's getting to the time where we start to hear about the large projects at might be attending. We got notified yesterday that there may indeed be a really large project heading towards the Rocket Pasture. At just under 24' tall, 16" transitioning to 12" in diameter, weighing 375#, flying on a cluster of 5 N motors, meet Mega Iron Manny!
You need to join us down in Argonia Sept 1-4th, 2017! It's going to be another great launch.

Last edited:
It's getting to the time where we start to hear about the large projects at might be attending. We got notified yesterday that there may indeed be a really large project heading towards the Rocket Pasture. At just under 24' tall, 16" transitioning to 12" in diameter, weighing 375#, flying on a cluster of 5 N motors, meet Mega Iron Manny!
You need to join us down in Argonia Sept 1-4th, 2017! It's going to be another great launch.

Would that be Manny from Illinois?

Very exciting. This post reminded me to make my hotel reservation...FYI, there are still 1st floor rooms available at The Cobblestone Inn in Anthony.

Bob, I have a flight planned that sims to 22k. I can't swear it won't go over 23k even though that would be somewhat surprising as I have a pretty well tested sim for the rocket, so should I put in the HiAlt Application to be safe?

Last edited:
Very exciting. This post reminded me to make my hotel reservation...FYI, there are still 1st floor rooms available at The Cobblestone Inn in Anthony.

Bob, I have a flight planned that sims to 22k. I can't swear it won't go over 23k even though that would be somewhat surprising as I have a pretty well tested sim for the rocket, so should I put in the HiAlt Application to be safe?

Hey man you could camp. Thats what I do. Saves on a hotel and fuel back and forth. Gives me an excuse to spend more money on motors and rockets. For me I usually stay 5 nights in pasture. 5 nights times a hotel plus gas is a lot.

Hey man you could camp. Thats what I do. Saves on a hotel and fuel back and forth. Gives me an excuse to spend more money on motors and rockets. For me I usually stay 5 nights in pasture. 5 nights times a hotel plus gas is a lot.

My Dad is coming in from PA for the launch again this year, and he has a bad hip so camping is a no go for him. That, and after the Sorghum adventure last year I was real thankful for a long, hot shower.

Also, for those that haven't stayed there the Cobblestone in Anthony is nicer than any $79/night hotel (Kloudbusters rate) has a right to be. The included breakfast ain't bad either.

Consider this flight approved!

I hope you save enough money to get a quieter generator!

My Dad is coming in from PA for the launch again this year, and he has a bad hip so camping is a no go for him. That, and after the Sorghum adventure last year I was real thankful for a long, hot shower.

Also, for those that haven't stayed there the Cobblestone in Anthony is nicer than any $79/night hotel (Kloudbusters rate) has a right to be. The included breakfast ain't bad either.

I totally understand about your dad's hip, but for folks that can camp, but prefer a few more accommodations (like water and electricity), there is a campground literally 2 or 3 miles down the road that has hot showers, full hookups (or just electricity, depending on what you need), and decent wifi.

I totally understand about your dad's hip, but for folks that can camp, but prefer a few more accommodations (like water and electricity), there is a campground literally 2 or 3 miles down the road that has hot showers, full hookups (or just electricity, depending on what you need), and decent wifi.

Love The Argonia River Park. I stayed there 1 night in 2014 and 4 nights at the pasture, 5 nights in 2015 in the park, In in 2016 I just stayed 4 nights at the pasture. Love the place but sometimes staying in the pasture is better because there is no driving in or out in the morning and evening. I recommend the RV park.

You guy's are getting me all psyched up...
What a great launch..
I can't wait...

Teddy

Good tip, John. The distance is actually about 7 miles, but still really close for those who want to hook-up. If you want to stay at the Argonia River Park, reservations are recommended. The info is on the KLOUDBusters Web-site

Thanks, --Lance.

AIRFest 23 Pre-Registration

In case you were thinking, "I wonder when I can pre-register for AIRFest 23?"

My target date is about June 10, 2017. We have some items that need to be worked-up before the site goes live plus sometimes life takes precedence. Memorial Day weekend is usually when I get the time to work on the AIRFest site.

When it's ready, I'll post an update in here.

Thanks, --Lance.

Thank you guy's for all your good work,, Lance, Bob and the whole crew at Kloudbusters....
There is nowhere you will feel more welcome.....
That takes an amazing amount of work and effort to make 300 guests feel welcome...

I thank you...

Teddy

Argonia River Park. My son stays there every year while I "rough" it at the pasture in my trailer. Plus you can attend the Argonia, 'Merica Rodeo for a little evening entertainment.

I am working on the rebuild of my L3 "Royal Homerun" for a second attempt. 7.5" rocket based on the Gizmo XL. Fixed the drogue deployment problem. Should be a good flight on a Loki M900

Last edited:
You mean it's almost time for me to spend half of my yearly motor budget on one launch, can't wait for Airfest.

The 1 and only time I camped at the River Park was during LDRS. I vowed never to stay there again.
There have been improvements? It's about time! I may may change my mind.

Back