AIRFEST XXIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is pretty much in the development stage but will require hazmat shipping when it becomes available in the next month or so. Come by and see me Andrew, maybe we can figure something out for you.

Oh, OK. Looking forward to seeing it come out!! May have to buy some of those in the near future. :grin: Yeah, but as Gary said, I can't make it. :(
Thanks,

I'm really getting excited about Airfest, leaving Thursday morning! Almost everything is packed up and ready to go. I have 4 rockets prepped and 2 more almost done. Now if I can figure out how to fit a trailer load of gear/rockets/camping equipment into the back of my Jeep!

Excellent photo Jeff!

Wayne! I think it would perform perfect in the Jart, I will put one to the side for you. See you guys soon, please insure that the spray bottle is present and accounted for.

Might be a fight over it. I threw in an extra rocket just in case.
The spray bottle is loaded and pumped!

I'm really getting excited about Airfest, leaving Thursday morning! Almost everything is packed up and ready to go. I have 4 rockets prepped and 2 more almost done. Now if I can figure out how to fit a trailer load of gear/rockets/camping equipment into the back of my Jeep!

All that in a JEEP? Pictures or it didn't happen.
We are inbound to the rocket pasture today.

I will have few demos, including a new DMS 38mm Moonburn Dark Matter.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/flyaerotech/videos/vb.159005948954/10155550101343955/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=150393368894 4587[/video]

Okay Charlie- I'l take the first production run! Perfect for the African-I-Zed. I'd love to see the plume on three of those at once. I may be convinced to give one to Kenrico.

You should have seen the look on his face at LDRS earlier this year when I replied to his comment about-

:D "Tell me MORE about Sabrina!" :D

*Snip* *Snip* :mad:

I'd would have made an excellent father of daughters...

Seriously though, the look on his face afterward made me think- I don't think he realiazes 99% of the time I'm telling a joke. Am I on 99% or 1% mode?:confused:

A road trip with Matt would be an awesome time, it's just too bad he didn't pick Purdue (right up the road). We will see his boundless energy out there someday for sure!:p

Pretty sure it's more about 99.9999999% of the time you're joking.

Finished rocket cradle, nearing the packing phase, man I need a lil enclosed trailer, but that would be the only thing I use it for - rocketry so it's not in the plans. Now a 24' I could use but not for rockets.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1504094933.686072.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1504094970.151216.jpg

We will be leaving Friday- since I'll be bring my son and taking him out of school part of the day

He would like to take his Tripoli Mentor test on Saturday

Now let the packing begin

Pretty sure it's more about 99.9999999% of the time you're joking.

:lol:

Finished rocket cradle...

We will be leaving Friday- since I'll be bring my son and taking him out of school part of the day

He would like to take his Tripoli Mentor test on Saturday

Now let the packing begin

You have Wicked Ways with your Wood dude...

That didn't sound right did it:confused:

Everyone make sure to stop by and, sign Nick's motor casing for luck! Hey- it's my hardware anyway and, I will be cleaning it post trip home. So as long as you don't "Tag" it with spray paint...we're good.

For the first timers to Airfest I always recommend taking the trip to Hutchinson to visit the COSMOSPHERE Air and, Space museum!
Well worth the time and, effort.

Watch your speed on highways too. Kansas has some incredible smooth/straight highways to let her rip and, then find out too late that you found a hidden Smokey and, I'm NOT talking the cute little cartoon bear.

:lol:

You have Wicked Ways with your Wood dude...

That didn't sound right did it:confused:

Everyone make sure to stop by and, sign Nick's motor casing for luck! Hey- it's my hardware anyway and, I will be cleaning it post trip home. So as long as you don't "Tag" it with spray paint...we're good.

For the first timers to Airfest I always recommend taking the trip to Hutchinson to visit the COSMOSPHERE Air and, Space museum!
Well worth the time and, effort.

Watch your speed on highways too. Kansas has some incredible smooth/straight highways to let her rip and, then find out too late that you found a hidden Smokey and, I'm NOT talking the cute little cartoon bear.

Added green spray paint to the packing list...check!:)

So I'm prepping for Airfest today. I realized that my Eggfinder is still on the default channel. I assembled my receiver into the handy handheld case (by Additive Aerospace), and did so a few weeks ago, not realizing that I need to reprogram my unit. What a pain to assemble -- nothing against the handiwork, it's just a pain to get everything put together and hold it together while it gets assembled.

Is anyone attending Airfest that has the standard LCD Receiver that has the connectors on the inside easily accessible and would be willing to allow me to use it for a few minutes to change frequencies? I know it's a lot to ask, especially if yours is assembled into a tight case like mine. I may go ahead and disassemble mine tonight, time pending, to do that, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Mike Walsh

So I'm prepping for Airfest today. I realized that my Eggfinder is still on the default channel. I assembled my receiver into the handy handheld case (by Additive Aerospace), and did so a few weeks ago, not realizing that I need to reprogram my unit. What a pain to assemble -- nothing against the handiwork, it's just a pain to get everything put together and hold it together while it gets assembled.

Is anyone attending Airfest that has the standard LCD Receiver that has the connectors on the inside easily accessible and would be willing to allow me to use it for a few minutes to change frequencies? I know it's a lot to ask, especially if yours is assembled into a tight case like mine. I may go ahead and disassemble mine tonight, time pending, to do that, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Mike Walsh

I can help you with that Mike. I have a big red Jeep with a Texas flag on the back and a red ez-up, I'll be there today around 3:00.

Ok Wayco, here are your pics. In all fairness it is a 4 door and I have done this many times. It just involves playing tetris with the cargo for about 30 minutes. 2 coolers and the ez-up go on the hitch rack. Heading north in one hour :)

20170831_082608.jpg

20170830_165442.jpg

20170830_164553.jpg

I can help you with that Mike. I have a big red Jeep with a Texas flag on the back and a red ez-up, I'll be there today around 3:00.

Swell! I will see what I can do to locate you as soon as I arrive...

I will PM you my cell as well.

Bah! Still stuck in NE OK, was supposed to be at the Cosmosphere by now. I'll skip again this year and hopefully not land too far behind schedule.

Woo!!! Blowing out of work to finish prep and pack the van. Hitting the road around 2am. Airfest!!!!! Woo!!!!!!

Ok Wayco, here are your pics. In all fairness it is a 4 door and I have done this many times. It just involves playing tetris with the cargo for about 30 minutes. 2 coolers and the ez-up go on the hitch rack. Heading north in one hour :)

Jeff,

Probably too late, but notice you missed one in your packing!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1504197786.223405.jpg

Lemme guess--you like red and black :)

You camping or in a hotel. I will be at the pasture with my RV around 6 pm
Hotel for us no-truck-having tiny-old-car driving weirdos.

I tried to explain my need for a large truck to haul a big camp trailer and a bunch of rockets, but the missus seemed unsympathetic ^_^

Nice job, I really like the pockets on the back door. Mine has a rolled up tow strap mounted there. How does it handle with the rack hanging off the back?
I think I saw where you are parked, we are on the back row with the AZ flag. I will try to look you up today.

And the journey begins, hope you all have a great day of flying.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1504279471.063400.jpg

I wish I could go! *whine*

Have fun, everyone. I expect to see lots of pics and videos soon.

Weekend forecast in Argonia:

Fri - cloudy, high 86, winds 9 mph
Sat - mostly sunny, high 88, winds 8 mph
Sun - sunny, high 92, winds 7 mph
Mon - sunny, high 93, winds 12 mph

Not too shabby of a forecast. A bit breezy for me. I like 0-2 mph winds, but who doesn't. :)

And the journey begins, hope you all have a great day of flying.
View attachment 327156

I hope you used....Ummmm *cough* *cough* "Jelly" to get all that stuff in there.
You won't need it too get it out though-

See you early Sunday morning Dawg! Have a great and, safe trip with your son out there today. :D

[His sons never left the safety of the inside of his pickup when he was over here assembling the motor the other day...] I vunder vey?

I wish if someone would live stream AIRFEST, LOL. :) It would kinda cool. :)
It's sort of a joke, but it would be really sweet if someone did that..
Thanks,

I wish if someone would live stream AIRFEST, LOL. :) It would kinda cool. :)

Aerotech had one on their FB page a while ago, although from the 30 seconds that I watched, it was mostly them just wandering around.

Anyone from Tulsa heading up to Argonia this weekend with a trailer or room in the back of their truck? I have an 8' tower I leave up in Argonia for Kloudbusters to use, but I need to get it hauled back to Tulsa. I need the tower for for BALLS. I plan to run up tomorrow to get it, but thought I would see if anyone is going up that could save me a trip. Thanks

Back