AIRFEST XXIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teddy,
Go ahead and volunteer. I'll man your booth. I'm really good at 90% off sales!:wink:
See you in a month,
Bob

hahahahahahaha..
heyyy, comon mannn,, have a heart Bob....

Ya know,, it's not the sales,, it's knowing my products when people ask...
I bet you'd be perfect at it..lol...

I sure can't wait for this one...
What a fun time ...

Teddy

Just registered myself and my son. Of course my daughter will fly lots of MPR as well. Next year she will have to register and most likely will try for her L1. Can't wait to see some great rocket flights. I have just a few minor things to finish up on my L3 attempt - Part Deux. It will be a 7.5" scratch build based off the Gizmo XL. It's a rebuild of the rocket I tried with called Royal Homerun at AirFest 21. It will flying on a Loki Red M900.

I'm planning to be there for the entire duration this time; what's the best use for a noob?

Dave,
Volunteer for range duty! We can show you everything you need to know in a few minutes and then you get to see really cool projects up close and personal.
Bob

Volunteer for range duty! We can show you everything you need to know in a few minutes and then you get to see really cool projects up close and personal.

Bob and company are great and showing folks the ropes on how they run things.

Pad Manager is the best way to meet folks and really get to see a lot of cool stuff.

-Kevin

+1...
So do I,, but it's really hard to walk away from my table...
Not only here,, but at all launches...

For vendors, it's a big plus if you're available at your table to answer questions and help fliers out with your products. To me, you're providing a service to the community by your presence as a vendor.

I wish I knew my schedule so I could partner up with my RSO buddy.

-Kevin

+1...
I totally feel for ya Kevin...
It's no joke,, you always want to help out,,
but sometimes circumstances dictate whether or not you can......

Teddy
I always love having Sandy help out at the registration table. She totally knows the ropes and she is fun to have on board.

--Lance.

Dave,
Bob
Dave - If you know any of the Tulsa club people, you can buddy up with some of them at the same time. Sign yourselves up for Pad Manager and/or any of the LCO spotter/comms jobs. Like Bob said, you'll be an expert in no time.

--Lance.

I'm happy to do the Away Cell stuff parts of Saturday and Sunday as long as I can drive out there and preserve my knee joints.

Just registered myself and my son. Of course my daughter will fly lots of MPR as well. Next year she will have to register and most likely will try for her L1. Can't wait to see some great rocket flights. I have just a few minor things to finish up on my L3 attempt - Part Deux. It will be a 7.5" scratch build based off the Gizmo XL. It's a rebuild of the rocket I tried with called Royal Homerun at AirFest 21. It will flying on a Loki Red M900.

Very cool load Dave..
I'm super interested in this..
Very important to me that I see this flight...
What's the weight on the pad for this flight ??

Teddy

For vendors, it's a big plus if you're available at your table to answer questions and help fliers out with your products. To me, you're providing a service to the community by your presence as a vendor.

I wish I knew my schedule so I could partner up with my RSO buddy.

-Kevin

That really is nice of you to say Kevin...
That truly puts my mind more at ease..
I always feel guilty when I can't help out...
That's why it's so important to me that we're arranging the front at my local launch so I can RSO all day
and I don't have to leave my table in case somebody wants something..

Thank you Kevin,,
At this particular launch,, I volunteer my wife Sandy though,, lol...

Teddy

I always love having Sandy help out at the registration table. She totally knows the ropes and she is fun to have on board.

--Lance.

Hi Lance.
Its me Sandy. how are you? Looking forward to Airfest and seeing and spending time with everyone from KloudBusters.
Always a fun time. You all work so hard to put on a great launch.. you all make it look easy when I know its not..
It will be my pleasure to help out at the registration desk or wherever you need.
See you all soon,
Sandy

Motor Selections so far
1. At I182R for my Strong arm. 29mm
2. At H550 Super Thunder for my Honest John motor eject. 38mm
3. At J500 Mojave for my Honest John Dual Deployment. 38mm
I need 1 more motor anyone got any tips for a cool At motor for either they've shot before?

Going to try and put my punisher up to about 10.000' again this year. Plenty of vent holes this time.:facepalm:

I'm looking to borrow or rent a CTI 98-6GXL hardware set for Airfest. As some of you know, I moved away a f4om California earlier this year, and I'm looking to meet all y'all in person in this part of the country.

I'm planning to fly Bluefin Tuba on the largest motor that would fit, O3400. As with any other hardware lending, I break it I buy it. Let me know if you have a set you're willing to lend.

In the photo, BUT is lifting off Black Rock on an N2000 a couple of years ago.

Ari.

Attachments

• _MG_6216.jpg
    _MG_6216.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm looking to borrow or rent a CTI 98-6GXL hardware set for Airfest. As some of you know, I moved away a f4om California earlier this year, and I'm looking to meet all y'all in person in this part of the country.

I'm planning to fly Bluefin Tuba on the largest motor that would fit, O3400. As with any other hardware lending, I break it I buy it. Let me know if you have a set you're willing to lend.

In the photo, BUT is lifting off Black Rock on an N2000 a couple of years ago.

Ari.

Ari,
If this flight is going over 23,000', you really need to fill out this form: https://www.kloudbusters.org/images/HiAltApp.doc and send it in as soon as possible. We will not be accepting new high altitude applications after Wednesday.
Bob

Thanks for posting that picture, now I know what to expect when I fly my ultimate DS at Airfest next month.

I also know that Wildman had the case you are looking for and almost sold it to me last time we went to Airfest.
Where did you find the O3400?

Tim has the reload, but is only willing to sell, not rent the hardware.

The flight sims to 23,000. Tube fins make a lot of drag. I can post the OR file when I get to my computer.

Thank you for the link, Teddy.

I am planning only one flight for this hardware as of now. It's hard to justify buying hardware I won't use again.

Ari.

Ohh,, okie dokie..

Teddy

The closest reporting airport is ICT. It is 32.5 NM north-north east from the Rocket Pasture.

Go figure,,
he would know that,, lol...

I thought he was going to say the closest airport is the right flight line,,
we jus hafta move a couple of pads....lol...

Teddy

Ari,
If this flight is going over 23,000', you really need to fill out this form: https://www.kloudbusters.org/images/HiAltApp.doc and send it in as soon as possible. We will not be accepting new high altitude applications after Wednesday.
Bob

Thank you again, Bob. I'm back from my trip to California. I sent off my application and the Open Rocket file to [email protected]

Let me know if I can provide any additional information. I'm also attaching the OR sim file here.

Ari.

View attachment BFT4.ork

Back