AIRFEST XXIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How good of altitude do you get on that? I'm looking at buying one of those kits.
Thanks,

I'm expecting 18-20k on a Loki K627 launching from a tower. Hard to tell as surface finish is somewhere between polished and smooth, but that makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
BBrown said:
Here's what the owner sent me a while ago "My BFR is just under 24 ft tall with the airframe transitioning from 16" to 12". It will weigh around 375lbs and be powered by 5 LOKI Blue reloads producing around 55K ns."

The airframe builder was mistaken I am happy to say. :)
The Class 3 paperwork we sent in was for 66,290Ns but after a test burn this past Friday, it looks like it will be closer to 66,000Ns, a 61% P.
It'll be closer to an 11:1 T/W ratio though, so that's good.
I just finished up the nozzles a little bit ago.

https://www.lokiresearch.com/images/Graphite/Mega Iron Manny Nozzles_small.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing all the Kloudbusters and all the other folks at the rocket pasture this weekend.
I'm also looking forward to the outstanding weather, so lets burn some AP!!!

Also, I have a few igniters I'd like to try out in Loki Red reloads. If you have a Loki Red reload to burn, anything between a G and a K motor, please try and find me on the field before you are ready to fly. I just need to see the flight so I have some feedback on how well they perform.

Charlie, you up for dinner again?

Loki Research - putting the "Research" back in Research Rocketry since 2011.

Last edited:
Shaping up to be a great weekend. I just worry about all our friends down in the Houston area. I suspect several of them will not be able to attend due to the horrible weather event going on down there. Looking like it will get worse before it gets better.

Bob (or anyone else in the know) - will there be a vendor with ice for sale at the field? Trying to figure out my food plan.

Thanks,

Tony

Shaping up to be a great weekend. I just worry about all our friends down in the Houston area. I suspect several of them will not be able to attend due to the horrible weather event going on down there. Looking like it will get worse before it gets better.

Bob (or anyone else in the know) - will there be a vendor with ice for sale at the field? Trying to figure out my food plan.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,
There will indeed be ice available on site. Moreover, D&M Concessions will be back again with breakfast and lunch including their famous roasted corn!
Bob

Thanks,

Tony

Put pontoons and an outboard on the rocket trailer. We will be there!

Tony,
There will indeed be ice available on site. Moreover, D&M Concessions will be back again with breakfast and lunch including their famous roasted corn!
Bob
Great, good to hear. Planning to avail myself of the concessions but will need milk for my morning coffee and a few cold beverages in the late evening...

Looking forward to this weekend, ought to be a great time.

Tony

I will have few demos, including a new DMS 38mm Moonburn Dark Matter.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/flyaerotech/videos/vb.159005948954/10155550101343955/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=150393368894 4587[/video]

I recently fell in love with moonburners. Man, I'd love to fly one of those motors! What's the burn on that - about 3-4 seconds?

Great, good to hear. Planning to avail myself of the concessions but will need milk for my morning coffee and a few cold beverages in the late evening...

Looking forward to this weekend, ought to be a great time.

Tony
Tony (and everyone else),

Please take note that the Argonia Mart is closed except for gas. No snacks and no ice there.

We will definitely have ice at the field. D&M Concessions will handle sales for us at their food truck.

If you need provisions, the closest store is in Anthony which is about 15 miles west. There are a couple of general grocery stores there and a convenience store. All are on Main St. If you are coming from the east, Wellington has a big Dillon's (local Kroger franchise).

HTH, --Lance.

It seems like Argonia is slowly dying. I remember the 'Argonia Yacht Club' from a few years back that served a great breakfast; a nice local place to stop when arriving in the early hours after a grueling drive. Very sad.

CHARLIE! I want one! Is my 4.5 lb. Darkstar Jr. too heavy? If so, Sharon's Dark Jart is 3.25 lbs....... I loves me some Dark Matter, and a Moonburner? AWESOME!

Wayne! I think it would perform perfect in the Jart, I will put one to the side for you. See you guys soon, please insure that the spray bottle is present and accounted for.

Would that motor require HAZMAT shipping? And is there any estimated price? Will they be for sale @ AIRFEST?
Thanks,

It is pretty much in the development stage but will require hazmat shipping when it becomes available in the next month or so. Come by and see me Andrew, maybe we can figure something out for you.

Looking forward to that project Scott, almost as much as the mocajitos. See you soon!

The airframe builder was mistaken I am happy to say. :)
The Class 3 paperwork we sent in was for 66,290Ns but after a test burn this past Friday, it looks like it will be closer to 66,000Ns, a 61% P.
It'll be closer to an 11:1 T/W ratio though, so that's good.
I just finished up the nozzles a little bit ago.

https://www.lokiresearch.com/images/Graphite/Mega Iron Manny Nozzles_small.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing all the Kloudbusters and all the other folks at the rocket pasture this weekend.
I'm also looking forward to the outstanding weather, so lets burn some AP!!!

Also, I have a few igniters I'd like to try out in Loki Red reloads. If you have a Loki Red reload to burn, anything between a G and a K motor, please try and find me on the field before you are ready to fly. I just need to see the flight so I have some feedback on how well they perform.

Charlie, you up for dinner again?

Loki Research - putting the "Research" back in Research Rocketry since 2011.

It is pretty much in the development stage but will require hazmat shipping when it becomes available in the next month or so. Come by and see me Andrew, maybe we can figure something out for you.

Hey Charlie - Andrew won't be there but I will stop by and talk to you on his behalf. He is a local kid with a lot of energy!

It seems like Argonia is slowly dying. I remember the 'Argonia Yacht Club' from a few years back that served a great breakfast; a nice local place to stop when arriving in the early hours after a grueling drive. Very sad.
Fact.

It is really sad. The restaurant had various names over the years; we used to always go there after every launch.

There are very few businesses left in Argonia. For various reasons, the population in that immediate area is thinning dramatically.

Times are changing.

--Lance.

I might have to smuggle a couple extras out there hehe.

Sounds like a great Saucer Night Launch motor !

Can I ask if it is RMS or DMS ?

Can you smuggle one for Vegas in October if they are not available yet?

Kenny

Sounds like a great Saucer Night Launch motor !

Can I ask if it is RMS or DMS ?

Can you smuggle one for Vegas in October if they are not available yet?

Kenny

Kenny,

This will be a DMS for sure but I believe it will open up the door to 38 and 54mm moonburner reloads. Really depends on the demand for them though. I may be in Vegas for October, will have to play it by ear for now.

I'm really getting excited about Airfest, leaving Thursday morning! Almost everything is packed up and ready to go. I have 4 rockets prepped and 2 more almost done. Now if I can figure out how to fit a trailer load of gear/rockets/camping equipment into the back of my Jeep!

20170819_120548.jpg

You forgot...
4. The Gussed hellcat.

You should have seen the look on his face at LDRS earlier this year when I replied to his comment about-

:D "Tell me MORE about Sabrina!" :D

*Snip* *Snip* :mad:

I'd would have made an excellent father of daughters...

Seriously though, the look on his face afterward made me think- I don't think he realiazes 99% of the time I'm telling a joke. Am I on 99% or 1% mode?:confused:

A road trip with Matt would be an awesome time, it's just too bad he didn't pick Purdue (right up the road). We will see his boundless energy out there someday for sure!:p

Back