Preferred Sanding Grit for Filler/Primer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried this and I like the flexibility and I hate the flexibility at the same time.

It's in the backer you use.
I only use 3M Stik-It Gold papers. But, that is what I had on hand from my days as an Auto Body Tech.
When that runs out...who knows?
I use small Melamine coated Particle board pieces for flat backers from 1" x 1" to 3" x 5".
And I have larger pieces about 11" x 16" with several grits stuck to them for tube sanding.
Assorted sizes of dowels for concave surfaces.
I haven't found a use for anything else...yet.

Last edited:
Anyone that says wet sanding is not messy, has never done it, or has done very little of it.

aint that the thruth!!

i did quite a bit of wet sanding doing autobody. one car- a 97 firebird- i used a single stage red i called blood red after wet sanding. my shop floor looked like a crime scene when i was done.

I bet you sanded your finger prints off, so bad that your finger tips were bleeding.
Done that myself on many occasions. They callas up, but get soft in the water wet sanding.

aint that the thruth!!

i did quite a bit of wet sanding doing autobody. one car- a 97 firebird- i used a single stage red i called blood red after wet sanding. my shop floor looked like a crime scene when i was done.

Back