CTI G150

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have! In a minimum diameter rocket the blue propellant makes it just disappear. I barely found it on a G-117, but lost it on the G-150.

I built an exact clone of the airframe with the intention of putting an Eggfinder in it, but I lost momentum.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1485493990.735666.jpg

It still needs a surface finishing. And a trim.

built a MD rocket for this motor, Launched pretty straight, fins stayed on, went off like a shotgun blast. I did not find that rocket and no one has run across it for two years at the launch site. Fun stuff though.

I have. It is not as much of a beast as you think. The G339 and G250 are higher thrust. Heck, live on wild side and go with a 38mm H400 ST from Aerotech.

It is not as much of a beast as you think.

This is true. Much fun was had at my expense by club members for that carbon fiber rocket in my last post. It was dubbed "carbon fiber overkill". This motor is probably Mach capable with cardboard and balsa, which is even cooler than some high-zoot carbon fiber rocket. (An opinion that makes me realize I'm getting old)

I have. It is not as much of a beast as you think. The G339 and G250 are higher thrust. Heck, live on wild side and go with a 38mm H400 ST from Aerotech.

The fun part about this motor is that it is a 24mm motor not 29mm or 38. Also for clarification the H400 is a VMax from CTI, your thinking of the H550 ST, which is crazier.

I missed that it was a 24. Sorry guys. I have flown it. I still have one in my motor box.

The big thing with high trust motors is good fin fillets.

Back