High Frontier 14 Regional Rocket Launch 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Hey guys never to early to plan. Come join Tulsa Rocketry in the rolling hills of Osage County. Located at the Pawhuska Municipal Airport in Pawhuska, Oklahoma for High Frontier 14. Our 14th year in a role to host this blockbuster of a launch. Waiver is 20,000 feet AGL. The dates are Saturday and Sunday September 30th - October 1st 2017. Range opens 9am - 5pm both days. Camping allowed on site but no running water. Porta Potys will be available. There will be a night launch on Saturday night after dark. All ages welcome. It is a blast no pun intended. Closest to the Buffalo contest and give aways for the kids. Mini Magg and Warlock drag races (more information on the drag races coming soon). Check back at a later time on the website for further information and registration information.

https://www.tulsarocketry.org/

https://www.facebook.com/Tulsa-Rocketry-118976091496909/

Lat/Long: 36-40-18.2140N / 096-24-20.0490W
36-40.303567N / 096-24.334150W
36.6717261 / -96.4055692

Last edited:
Looking forward to it Andrew! This has been 1 of my 2 launches of the year(that has got to change) for the past few years. I'm going to bring the usual-Bomarc glider, Upscale Trident & etc. Hopefully I'll have my 3'' Cherokee rebuilt and/or a 24mm downscale of a LOC Starfighter.

Looking forward to it Andrew! This has been 1 of my 2 launches of the year(that has got to change) for the past few years. I'm going to bring the usual-Bomarc glider, Upscale Trident & etc. Hopefully I'll have my 3'' Cherokee rebuilt and/or a 24mm downscale of a LOC Starfighter.

Cool Tony. Looking forward to seeing you. Love your bomarc glider!!!

I would like to build a 3'' slide wing version w/ + shaped profiles for the nc and ram-jets. Weight savings.
I've looked at plans on the NAR website. Whew! Those skills are above me.

This is indeed a great launch.

I was wondering, has there been any discussion regarding limiting or prohibiting the use of generators during launch hours at High Frontier? For people out on the periphery of the spectator/flyer area, constantly running loud generators drown out the PA announcements, which is not only annoying but can be a safety concern. This has been a problem for at least the last couple years.

Thanks, --Lance.

Last edited:
This is indeed a great launch.

I was wondering, has there been any discussion regarding limiting or prohibiting the use of generators during launch hours at High Frontier? For people out on the periphery of the spectator/flyer area, constantly running loud generators drown out the PA announcements, which is not only annoying but can be a safety concern. This has been a problem for at least the last couple years.

Thanks, --Lance.

This is from the HF14 web page, apparently they agree.

Generators are allow but keep in mind if the generator is to loud during launch you may be asked to turn it off.

This is from the HF14 web page, apparently they agree.

Generators are allow but keep in mind if the generator is to loud during launch you may be asked to turn it off.

Putting a rule in print and enforcing it is two separate actions.

Putting a rule in print and enforcing it is two separate actions.

Yes, I am in charge of the Tulsa Rocketry web page. Per rules: generators are allowed but if to loud may be asked to turn them off. To alleviate this issue our club is talking about adding large speakers at each end of the field so that people regardless of location on the field so you would be able to hear LCO. We will still have the radio and if you tune in to the frequency you will be able to hear LCO. If you have any questions please contact us. The location of RV's is still to be determined. If we have a designated area for RV's then this will not be an issue. The issue is the RV's are to close to the flight line. There is no reason why we cant have RV's closer to the road.

Last edited:
I was just reading the High Frontier page on Tripoli Tulsa's web page and it says that the event will be conducted under Tripoli Commercial launch rules. Is this true?

I was just reading the High Frontier page on Tripoli Tulsa's web page and it says that the event will be conducted under Tripoli Commercial launch rules. Is this true?

Yes correct bob. Has to do with the drag races. Hal and Paul thought it would be better that way. We have only had one research flyer at HF for the last couple of years. Has to do with the distances and he size of our field.

Got my downscale Starfighter built and going to get it's first flight in Medford, NAKED!(Oh the horror!)

I got 2 flights on my small Starfighter at Medford. Flight #1 a fat C11, didn't have a D12-5 like I wanted. #2 w/a E9(it overhung just a lil bit). Both perfect flights. Just need a 12'' chute on it, a 14'' is a bit big. Next step, primer and paint for presentation at HF. Looking for 1 more 3'' NC.

OK folks AirFest is 2 weeks past and HighFrontier is 2 weeks away. Finish your rockets/repairs up and confirm/make those reservations because Pawhuska is a busy place now. As a reminder there is primitive camping on the field unless you have motor home/camper/other. I'm still looking for a 3'' NC or two.

Tulsa Astronomy club will be out there HF weekend. If you want to look up in the heavens here is your chance!

Back