We lost another hero

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing that.

I was shocked to read he was in Medford, Oregon. I was born there, and I know a Hayes family that still lives there (apparently unrelated). Who knows, I may have knocked on this guy's door back in my door-to-door sales days.

The war against Fascism and the Emperior of Japan's quest for global domination was Hell on Earth for nearly every Country on Earth.
There are still family's (from almost every war) that would like closure for their MIA loved ones.
Some survivors, like my father, would never talk about his service time. I think he just wanted to forget what he saw, what he experienced.

Thanks for sharing. My Grandfathers both served in WWII, and my Father in Vietnam. They never told any war stories with non vets. I never knew what happened but got a general picture not to ask and be happy for their service. My father had a tough time coming back from 'nam. No parades..ect. We did get to see the Vietnam Memorial in DC together before he passed.

Back