Chrome Extension to Hide Specific Users’ Threads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteNumber2

Original San Diego High Power Rocketry
Reaction score
If you are using Google Chrome and would like to hide specific users’ threads, there is an extension that can do that for you:

Push Pin

It’s not perfect, and it does not hide ignored users’ posts inside threads (you still get the “This message is hidden because…” placeholder), but it’s a start.

Configuring the extension is not completely intuitive, so if anyone would like me to post a tutorial let me know.

Let me know when Google Chrome has an extension that cause a forum's rules to actually be enforced, which would settle 99% of the problems to begin with.

Jez-a-lew, let me know when ANYONE has an extension to block threads that would hide the pissing & moaning!:2:

I am interested in what everyone says, or has on their mind.
I have choices.
Agree, and post something.
Disagree, and post something.
Post something non related.
Ignore it, and move to another thread.
Oh, and post the rules are being broken...again.
It's called Freedom, and I like it.
Not saying breaking rules is fine, or I like that.
But my opinion matters, even if it's just to me.

I am interested in what everyone says, or has on their mind.
I have choices.
Agree, and post something.
Disagree, and post something.
Post something non related.
Ignore it, and move to another thread.
Oh, and post the rules are being broken...again.
It's called Freedom, and I like it.
Not saying breaking rules is fine, or I like that.
But my opinion matters, even if it's just to me.
AMEN

That's what un-moderated forums are for. You are free to say and leave with them as you please. This is NOT un-moderated. Follow the rules or the door will smack you on the way out.

That's what un-moderated forums are for. You are free to say and leave with them as you please. This is NOT un-moderated. Follow the rules or the door will smack you on the way out.

Yes agreed, but some are complaining about the mods lack of enforcement. Just like "if you do not adhere to the rules (or even push the envelope) and get punished, you are free to leave, well if you don't like the way the mods are enforcing the rules, you can leave! I am tired of the pissing & moaning from the usual suspects!

Yes agreed, but some are complaining about the mods lack of enforcement. Just like "if you do not adhere to the rules (or even push the envelope) and get punished, you are free to leave, well if you don't like the way the mods are enforcing the rules, you can leave! I am tired of the pissing & moaning from the usual suspects!

Yet it still fails to deal with repeat offenders doesn't it? All that is doing is running away from the very issue.

Yet it still fails to deal with repeat offenders doesn't it? All that is doing is running away from the very issue.

Again, if you do NOT like the way the moderators run the site, do NOT visit the site! Or start your oen site where you can be the supreme commander!

Not enough moderation....never thought I'd hear that about TRF.

Selective moderation maybe?!

Self-moderation? As in, find out the rules, follow them...we all make mistakes from time to time, sincerely apologize when needed, and everything is fine.

There was a time when being an adult meant taking responsibility for your actions, we seem to be living in a post-adult world ("Kardashian age") where we all seem to be like monkey's hanging from trees and flinging poop at each other...

Last year it was pitch a bitch about the advertising and pay for the vendors thread.
This year it's a bitch about the moderators.
Seams like every time this year people get their undies in wad over something;
And it usually comes out here.
And the only thing is people, each of us, gets involved with a friend or friends and nothing good comes of it.
If you feel really, really that strongly about what is or isn't being moderated, maybe you should volunteer your time for free and become a moderator.
Peace is expensive, bickering is cheap.

I don't run, I fight for what is right. You can turn tail and run.

Oh, OK, the double standard rears its ugly head again!:dark: If some complains about TRF rules, you can say "you don't like the rules, you are free to leave!" But if people complain about the mods enforcing the rules, the same principal (You don't like it, you are free to leave!) does NOT apply! :mad: OK, I get it, sorry for offending you. I will try not to bitch about the ones pissing and moaning, least I offend anyone. :facepalm: And by the way, I am not turning tail and running. I TRY to play buy the rules, here on TRF. But in real I know there is only ONE RULE! There are NONE, and I use every means I have to win a fight. In a fight, if your NOT Cheating, your not trying:cool:

Last year it was pitch a bitch about the advertising and pay for the vendors thread.
This year it's a bitch about the moderators.
Seams like every time this year people get their undies in wad over something;
And it usually comes out here.
And the only thing is people, each of us, gets involved with a friend or friends and nothing good comes of it.
If you feel really, really that strongly about what is or isn't being moderated, maybe you should volunteer your time for free and become a moderator.
Peace is expensive, bickering is cheap.

Agreed 100% I never complained against the advertising, nor did I bitch about any one complaining about the advertising. People have a right to say what they feel & in the case of the advertising, I understand both sides. I never complained about a mod. they are the judges on this site the way they do for a reason. And it is not me to question there actions, especially since some actions are private, between the mod & the offender! The way some act, I think they want a town square punishment to enjoy!

Red - Without rules.jpgHere's my thoughts...and if anybody can find the clip for this on YouTube, I'll be forever grateful!

Never complained about advertising myself. For those people who are looking for a fight by bringing controversial subject matter into this forum, I'll be more than happy to oblige. They get what they deserve.

There's nothing in addition in expecting the fundamental rules and guidelines to be followed.

I don't disagree. However, historically the proponents of enforcement have been drowned by people looking for a fight. The moderation here seems to have lightened up after Troj retired his frying pan.

Oh, OK, the double standard rears its ugly head again!:dark: If some complains about TRF rules, you can say "you don't like the rules, you are free to leave!" But if people complain about the mods enforcing the rules, the same principal (You don't like it, you are free to leave!) does NOT apply! :mad: OK, I get it, sorry for offending you. I will try not to bitch about the ones pissing and moaning, least I offend anyone. :facepalm: And by the way, I am not turning tail and running. I TRY to play buy the rules, here on TRF. But in real I know there is only ONE RULE! There are NONE, and I use every means I have to win a fight. In a fight, if your NOT Cheating, your not trying:cool:

Nice of you to acknowledge the fact there are none.

Nice of you to acknowledge the fact there are none.

Steven, can you acknowledge the double standard you are promoting? Phaleeze read my post again! I pointed out the double standard of some TRF Members (& YOU) that tell people "if you do NOT like the rules, you are free to leave!". YET! When YOU do not like the way the Moderators run the site, the same thought process ("if you do NOT like the way the Moderators run the site, you are free to leave!") does NOT apply to YOU! Aren't YOU special!

Can you defend that double standard or prove it is not a double standard?

Obviously I did not explain myself about no rules. That is on me, sorry I did not clarify. I meant a real physical fight! When I was in Law Enforcement, my shift sergeant, who served 3 tours in Vietnam! He told me that when you are on the street and you are in a fight to apprehend a perp, there are no rules! That you must return home after that shift! He taught me some nasty tricks to survive! That is what I meant by no rules. & because of these tricks I don't run from a fight! But I will admit when I am wrong!

Back