Altus Metrum Micro Peak Flashes... not understood

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The doc and the behavior of my Micro Peak MP... don't seem to agree.

It powers up and flashes the decimeters first three digits... then seems to go bonkers... waits.... then flashes much faster than once every three seconds (as the docs say it should be once every 3), then goes completely dark. You don't need to go past 1:15... nothing else happens. :)

[YOUTUBE]BakxDh2jIM0[/YOUTUBE]

????:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

The "seeming to go bonkers" is the data dump for the computer interface (https://altusmetrum.org/MicroPeakUSB/) Then there is the quiescent period for you to install it in your model, followed by being ready for the next flight (one flash every three seconds). Not sure about then going dark.

Perhaps Keith will pop on and clarify......

Thank you... the docs mention four digits... but did not mention the data dump... and I got only three digits then.
Then yes... it pauses... but as you can see it flashes much quicker than once every three seconds. Then it goes dark...
I mean where I launch? You rocket can be on the pad for... well... a lot longer than it should. :)

Thanks again!

I didn't watch the video....gotta update Flash to see it and I'm not all that excited to do that.

Ping keithp- he writes the Altus Metrum software including for this little thing.....he will know the specifics down to the finest detail.

The doc and the behavior of my Micro Peak MP... don't seem to agree.

It powers up and flashes the decimeters first three digits... then seems to go bonkers... waits.... then flashes much faster than once every three seconds (as the docs say it should be once every 3), then goes completely dark. You don't need to go past 1:15... nothing else happens. :)

[YOUTUBE]BakxDh2jIM0[/YOUTUBE]

????:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

Sorry, I was in Australia (again), although there wasn't a launch this time. As others have mentioned, you get the max altitude reported, then three quick blinks and a dump of the flight data. After that, the quick blinking indicates that it thinks its flying again, which would normally happen only if the altimeter was lifted a long ways in a short amount of time. I think something happened to your altimeter; did it get banged up?

Its never flown... yet... :(

Well, sounds like something bad happened to it. If you want to send it back my way, I can take a look at it and either fix it or send you another one.
Feel free to send us a note via https://shop.gag.com/contacts/ and we'll get you an RMA number and shipping information.

Sorry you haven't gotten to play with it yet!

Back