Adrel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmm.... hadn't seen the revised Pnut. I guess when I start seeing TARC flights around here I may. (I have four of the older version).

I see your AltimeterTwo is the older style as well...all three JL altimeters are in the same physical case size now as the AltimeterThree in your group shots (as you probably know).

I also see the unknown has the common battery box failure that comes from leaving the battery in it....but I don't recognize it otherwise. What does it say on the board there near the pressure sensor? That last picture isn't quite sharp enough or big enough for me to read it.

I've seen that battery holder failure on both Adept devices and PerfectFlite APRAs.

The ALT-BMP is a tiny little thing, that's for sure. When the TBD vendor has 'em I will have to find out more......

Design objectives:
1. Extremely small size and weight
2. Don't HAVE to use a mobile device (a la AltimeterOne and AltimeterTwo)
3. Optional use of a mobile device for graphing, cloud storage
4. Lower replacement cost in case of a loss
5. No beeps or flashes
6. Rugged
7. Rechargeable battery built in

This is an altimeter you could use as the nose weight on a paper airplane. If you wanted to do that for some reason.

Wow! That is a tough set of objectives - especially with #4 in that list being a big constraint on most of the others. #2 and #5 together imply some kind of display....I suppose you could do a one-digit display like the Eagle Tree altitude and airspeed sensors do. Or you may have some other clever idea. Sounds amazing.

Design objectives:
1. Extremely small size and weight
2. Don't HAVE to use a mobile device (a la AltimeterOne and AltimeterTwo)
3. Optional use of a mobile device for graphing, cloud storage
4. Lower replacement cost in case of a loss
5. No beeps or flashes
6. Rugged
7. Rechargeable battery built in

This is an altimeter you could use as the nose weight on a paper airplane. If you wanted to do that for some reason.
WOW! Great set of objectives, John!

I know you said you don't have a release date but if you want to bring a prototype to NARCON none of us would mind. ;)

Back