The Bobiverse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Lots of folks 'round here loved Andy Weir's "the Martian".
Here's one you might like as well....

We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse Book 1), Dennis Taylor
It has a similar vibe, and it seems to me that if you liked "the Martian", you'd get a kick out of this too.

It's a bit more silly, the "science" isn't quite as good, and overall I think Weir's book is better, but it's still pretty good, a lot of fun, and enough like it that it's worth a read. Check it out.

41EYtmZ-GJL.jpg

s6

I got a kick out of this book, and hope he writes more of them. While some of the science is a bit light, it's at least consistent. The feel is more of a fun/interesting story than "hard" sci-fi. I think comparing it to "The Martian" is pretty fair overall.

Yes. We Are Legion was one of the best books of 2016 IMHO. He's already working on the sequel,

"The editor and I have finished working on For We are Many, and I’ll be sending it in by the weekend. Of course, not much will get done over the holidays…" December 21st, 2016.

Oh that's good news! I've already been through the first one twice and enjoyed it as much the second time.

Back