Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 92
  1. #61
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    5,039
    Wow Kevin,,
    What a great everything..
    I sure am sorry to hear of the mishap at the pad,,
    but that's no big deal at all,, I bet I can make her feel a bit better,, lol..
    Kevin,
    Would you please ask your daughter if she would do me a favor..
    I am making a great amount of 3/16" Tubular Kevlar harnesses
    with the 3rd loop in a new configuration with a stainless ball bearing swivel
    actually making the loop instead of me making the loop..
    I think it's a much better idea to do it this way, but I'd really like it flight tested
    before I manufacture this big order of harnesses for someone.....

    If you don't mind, I'm going to send her one "set" exactly as I'm making them..
    I'd like to know what she thinks when she receives it..
    How it looks to her when she opens the package,,
    and of course how she likes flying it...

    Thank you so much always Kevin,,,

    Teddy





    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    METRA- BoD- New York..
    URRG- Way upstate New York..
    MDRA- Maryland..
    QCRS- Illinois- Best politicians money can buy ( Tim L. )..
    Kloudbusters- Kansas..
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  2. #62
    Join Date
    26th June 2016
    Location
    Mobile, AL, USA
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadhawk View Post
    Wow Kevin,,
    What a great everything..
    I sure am sorry to hear of the mishap at the pad,,
    but that's no big deal at all,, I bet I can make her feel a bit better,, lol..
    Kevin,
    Would you please ask your daughter if she would do me a favor..
    I am making a great amount of 3/16" Tubular Kevlar harnesses
    with the 3rd loop in a new configuration with a stainless ball bearing swivel
    actually making the loop instead of me making the loop..
    I think it's a much better idea to do it this way, but I'd really like it flight tested
    before I manufacture this big order of harnesses for someone.....

    If you don't mind, I'm going to send her one "set" exactly as I'm making them..
    I'd like to know what she thinks when she receives it..
    How it looks to her when she opens the package,,
    and of course how she likes flying it...

    Thank you so much always Kevin,,,

    Teddy
    That, right there, is awesome! You're a good man Teddy.

    NAR # 37682

    All the weird kids are doing it!

    If at first you don't succeed... You're about average.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    5th December 2013
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    6,661
    I'll second that!

    John S. ---- NAR #96911 ---- TRA #15253 ---- MDRA #067 ---- BARC #028
    L1, 3/15/14: Aerotech Sumo, CTI H133BS
    L2, 6/21/14: Giant Leap Vertical Assault, CTI J240RL
    L3, 3/12/16: MAC Performance Radial Flyer, CTI M1101WH
    Altitude: 13,028', L3 flight; Speed: Mach ???, L3 flight

  4. #64
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    5,039
    Ok,,
    Wait a minute,,
    My wife hasta see dis,,
    she's never going to believe it... lol...

    Teddy




    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    METRA- BoD- New York..
    URRG- Way upstate New York..
    MDRA- Maryland..
    QCRS- Illinois- Best politicians money can buy ( Tim L. )..
    Kloudbusters- Kansas..
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  5. #65
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadhawk View Post
    Wow Kevin,,
    What a great everything..
    I sure am sorry to hear of the mishap at the pad,,
    but that's no big deal at all,, I bet I can make her feel a bit better,, lol..
    Kevin,
    Would you please ask your daughter if she would do me a favor..
    I am making a great amount of 3/16" Tubular Kevlar harnesses
    with the 3rd loop in a new configuration with a stainless ball bearing swivel
    actually making the loop instead of me making the loop..
    I think it's a much better idea to do it this way, but I'd really like it flight tested
    before I manufacture this big order of harnesses for someone.....

    If you don't mind, I'm going to send her one "set" exactly as I'm making them..
    I'd like to know what she thinks when she receives it..
    How it looks to her when she opens the package,,
    and of course how she likes flying it...

    Thank you so much always Kevin,,,

    Teddy
    Wow!! She'd be honored to try them Teddy!! That's very gracious of you.
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  6. #66
    Join Date
    27th August 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,719
    Hey Kevin..I am sorry to hear about the mishap with your daughters rocket...but I agree with the statements made earlier about how this is a great way to learn....if you sit back and think about it, even with the magnificent beast... the Saturn V...the engineers (and these guys are legends...) were constantly working on faults and making that rocket better. I am thinking about the pogo encountered in Apollo 6 and the way they engineered a way to reduce the effects...all of this is part of rocketry..even with what we fly. From the pictures you have shown of her work she is just remarkable!! WAY ahead of what I could do at her age. Tell her to hang in, fix it as best as can and light the candle!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by NJRick View Post
    Hey Kevin..I am sorry to hear about the mishap with your daughters rocket...but I agree with the statements made earlier about how this is a great way to learn....if you sit back and think about it, even with the magnificent beast... the Saturn V...the engineers (and these guys are legends...) were constantly working on faults and making that rocket better. I am thinking about the pogo encountered in Apollo 6 and the way they engineered a way to reduce the effects...all of this is part of rocketry..even with what we fly. From the pictures you have shown of her work she is just remarkable!! WAY ahead of what I could do at her age. Tell her to hang in, fix it as best as can and light the candle!
    Thanks Rick. She's over the initial disappointment; but is excited about repairs now!
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  8. #68
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    So. What's the quality of our vendors? You see Teddy and his responses above. This rocket had it's issue this past Saturday. Today a new wrap appeared from Stickershock23! Mark just Rocks. Megan is going to be so thrilled when she get's home and see's it. Knowing it was coming we put a new coupler inside; almost 100% identical to the location the same coupler sits in mine. Must be a family thing. Then sanded down the torn area and filled it in in expectation of re-wrapping the area. We carefully removed the overlap from the original wrap so the thing is completely even, then will wrap the new one this weekend. Mark. Thank you again so much!

    Coupler followed by the hole followed by filling followed by sanded and ready to wrap

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coupler installed.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	314892 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	314893 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ready1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	314894 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ready2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	314895
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  9. #69
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Rocky Hill, CT
    Posts
    3,467
    Would it make sense to use a heat gun to warm up the old wrap and peel it off?
    Al Gloer - TRA/NAR L3 (President Emeritus - CATO)
    2017 - The Year of the Bike Redux - 2,234 miles to go

  10. #70
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by H_Rocket View Post
    Would it make sense to use a heat gun to warm up the old wrap and peel it off?
    Honestly I just didn't know if that would work I would much rather prefer a way to peel that off without damaging rocket. Does heating the vinyl like that would allow it to peel off?
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  11. #71
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Rocky Hill, CT
    Posts
    3,467
    I know it works with vinyl letters (spacked enough rockets to learn that lesson). Perhaps Mark can comment on a wrap.
    Al Gloer - TRA/NAR L3 (President Emeritus - CATO)
    2017 - The Year of the Bike Redux - 2,234 miles to go

  12. #72
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by H_Rocket View Post
    I know it works with vinyl letters (spacked enough rockets to learn that lesson). Perhaps Mark can comment on a wrap.
    What an AWESOME idea. This worked like a champ! So easy!!! Thanks!! Now we just need to put on the fresh wrap!
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  13. #73
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Thanks again to H_Rocket for the hot gun tip! And BIG THANKS to stickershock23 (Mark) for taking care of Megan with a new wrap! Her Purple Max (2.0) is done and ready to fly on the 1st.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple max 2-0.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	314983
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  14. #74
    Join Date
    14th July 2015
    Location
    Randolph, NJ
    Posts
    3,026
    Looks great again! Hope for better luck on the next flight.
    Recently completed: APRO Lander II and Starship Avalon; next up: Accur8-skinned Trajector and Ragnarok Orbital Interceptor
    My design thread; photo albums: fleet pics and OR Models;

  15. #75
    Join Date
    5th December 2013
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    6,661
    Woo hoo!

    John S. ---- NAR #96911 ---- TRA #15253 ---- MDRA #067 ---- BARC #028
    L1, 3/15/14: Aerotech Sumo, CTI H133BS
    L2, 6/21/14: Giant Leap Vertical Assault, CTI J240RL
    L3, 3/12/16: MAC Performance Radial Flyer, CTI M1101WH
    Altitude: 13,028', L3 flight; Speed: Mach ???, L3 flight

  16. #76
    Join Date
    27th August 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,719
    she looks awesome!!! beautiful rocket!

  17. #77
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    5,039
    I'm really sorry this took so long Kevin / Megan..

    9400109699937430118197

    Let me know how ya like it,, lol...

    Teddy




    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    METRA- BoD- New York..
    URRG- Way upstate New York..
    MDRA- Maryland..
    QCRS- Illinois- Best politicians money can buy ( Tim L. )..
    Kloudbusters- Kansas..
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  18. #78
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadhawk View Post
    I'm really sorry this took so long Kevin / Megan..

    9400109699937430118197

    Let me know how ya like it,, lol...

    Teddy
    You can be sorry my friend! We are excited!!
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  19. #79
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by kcobbva View Post
    You can be sorry my friend! We are excited!!
    lol,,,

    No kiddin,,

    I have great hopes when she opens that bad...

    My intent is for her to be seriously impressed..

    Teddy




    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    METRA- BoD- New York..
    URRG- Way upstate New York..
    MDRA- Maryland..
    QCRS- Illinois- Best politicians money can buy ( Tim L. )..
    Kloudbusters- Kansas..
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  20. #80
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadhawk View Post
    lol,,,

    No kiddin,,

    I have great hopes when she opens that bad...

    My intent is for her to be seriously impressed..

    Teddy
    Teddy. A package arrived today! I believe Megan was very happy with what she received! She sat down immediately and sent me an email to forward on to you before she started homework. I have forwarded that on to your personal email. Thank you sir!!! She'll be field testing April 1st during her TARC and will definitely be flying at LDRS!! Thanks again, you are really a great guy!

    Kevin
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  21. #81
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by kcobbva View Post
    Teddy. A package arrived today! I believe Megan was very happy with what she received! She sat down immediately and sent me an email to forward on to you before she started homework. I have forwarded that on to your personal email. Thank you sir!!! She'll be field testing April 1st during her TARC and will definitely be flying at LDRS!! Thanks again, you are really a great guy!

    Kevin
    lol,,
    oh, you're quite welcome Kevin..
    I sure hope she likes it and it makes her ferget about the little whoopsie when her rocket was damaged..
    You guy's take care,, and I'll be seeing you for sure at LDRS....

    I really can't wait,,lol..

    Teddy




    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    METRA- BoD- New York..
    URRG- Way upstate New York..
    MDRA- Maryland..
    QCRS- Illinois- Best politicians money can buy ( Tim L. )..
    Kloudbusters- Kansas..
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  22. #82
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Finally! Megan got to launch her Mega "Purple" Max today. No wind issues blowing down the launch rod, no huge lines at LDRS, just a perfect darned near windless day. We had a drag race, and the old man NEVER left the pad. Guess she showed me! Regardless, it was a perfect flight. Really proud of her!
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  23. #83
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    5,039
    WWoooopppp...
    Ha,,
    A perfect flight...
    Good for her man...
    Tell her I said to save in the back of her mind your rocket not even making it off the pad..
    You never know when an opportune moment will arise and she may need a little tidbit like that,, lol...

    Teddy
    Last edited by Onebadhawk; 11th June 2017 at 01:27 AM.




    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    METRA- BoD- New York..
    URRG- Way upstate New York..
    MDRA- Maryland..
    QCRS- Illinois- Best politicians money can buy ( Tim L. )..
    Kloudbusters- Kansas..
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  24. #84
    Join Date
    13th February 2016
    Location
    Gilroy, CA
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by kcobbva View Post
    Finally! Megan got to launch her Mega "Purple" Max today. No wind issues blowing down the launch rod, no huge lines at LDRS, just a perfect darned near windless day. We had a drag race, and the old man NEVER left the pad. Guess she showed me! Regardless, it was a perfect flight. Really proud of her!
    Congrats on your maiden flight Megan! Now tell dad you want to put an H in it for your L1!
    You're a lucky dad Kevin. What motors did you fly with?

  25. #85
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Thanks guys. Kevin we used a G76. She's got a loc doorknob in the basement waiting for a summer build shes going to dip the tripoli mentorship program
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  26. #86
    Join Date
    5th December 2013
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    6,661
    I wish I could do that with my son. He can read well enough, but at 6, he's not going to pass the test.

    John S. ---- NAR #96911 ---- TRA #15253 ---- MDRA #067 ---- BARC #028
    L1, 3/15/14: Aerotech Sumo, CTI H133BS
    L2, 6/21/14: Giant Leap Vertical Assault, CTI J240RL
    L3, 3/12/16: MAC Performance Radial Flyer, CTI M1101WH
    Altitude: 13,028', L3 flight; Speed: Mach ???, L3 flight

  27. #87
    Join Date
    8th May 2012
    Location
    Southern, CA
    Posts
    6,154
    This has to be one of the coolest post I've seen in long time. It's nice to see young kids take an interest in such a fun hobby.

    Instead of asking for a car at 18 she'll be wanting an "M" reload for her L3
    NAR # 89516
    HPR Cert Level 1

  28. #88
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterBurners View Post
    This has to be one of the coolest post I've seen in long time. It's nice to see young kids take an interest in such a fun hobby.

    Instead of asking for a car at 18 she'll be wanting an "M" reload for her L3
    Absolutely!!!!!!
    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



  29. #89
    Join Date
    5th December 2013
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    6,661
    Yeah, but she's going to need something to drive that big honker to the field....

    John S. ---- NAR #96911 ---- TRA #15253 ---- MDRA #067 ---- BARC #028
    L1, 3/15/14: Aerotech Sumo, CTI H133BS
    L2, 6/21/14: Giant Leap Vertical Assault, CTI J240RL
    L3, 3/12/16: MAC Performance Radial Flyer, CTI M1101WH
    Altitude: 13,028', L3 flight; Speed: Mach ???, L3 flight

  30. #90
    Join Date
    8th November 2015
    Location
    Alexandria Va
    Posts
    1,352
    Well she has started a balloon tying business at parties; she'll be able to buy her own.

    NAR# 100059 Tripoli# 17072 KM4TZU
    Level 1 (Madcow Torrent / Cesaroni I236 - March 13 2016 2023ft - Dual Deployment)
    Level 2 (Madcow Level-2 "RumbleBee" / Cesaroni J250 Sparky - April 3, 2016 2096ft)
    Highest Flight: Level 2 "RunbleBee" 9490ft Max Vel. 1530ft/s Apr 9, 2017 LDRS36



Similar Threads

  1. Daughter's Flutter-By
    By kcobbva in forum Low Power Rocketry (LPR)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 5th February 2016, 11:21 PM
  2. My daughter's launches
    By closet astronaut in forum The Watering Hole
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11th June 2013, 06:55 PM
  3. My Daughter the Mechanic
    By DAllen in forum The Watering Hole
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 10:42 AM
  4. Hi, My Daughter and I, new to TRF...
    By McKailas Dad in forum Low Power Rocketry (LPR)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14th March 2010, 05:35 AM
  5. thy daughter (humor)
    By jflis in forum The Watering Hole
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17th March 2003, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •