Q Modeling

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kehoes23

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten in to contact with anyone from Q Modeling? I would like to know if or when they will be back to selling rocket kits again.

2 years ago I was told by the owner that he was almost ready to reopen after the flood damage he had. We did their recovery packs. I had no reason to doubt him.

Not this again!
If they do make a comeback, I'll purposefully not buy there stuff.
I really wanted some of their stuff when I first learned about their story, but they obviously have other "real lifey" obligations.

I know this subject comes up every few years but since the flood of 2011, I thought 6 years was plenty of time to rebuild and start selling kits again, the question now is do I keep waiting or just move on?

Gave up holding my breath for them. If they make a come-back I will support them. I have one of their Starship Vega models in the garage. It is wrecked and in need of landing pod parts. It was the kit that brought me back to the hobby after 20 years or so.

Gave up holding my breath for them. If they make a come-back I will support them. I have one of their Starship Vega models in the garage. It is wrecked and in need of landing pod parts. It was the kit that brought me back to the hobby after 20 years or so.

I too have that having done some partial work on it. Still needs to be finished. Great design features as I'm sure all of them are.

There is no hope. They ain't coming back. When they say they're ready to come back and years go by with nothing, that tells you all you need to know. Gave up on that hope long ago, now whenever I see one of these threads I just chuckle.

Maybe they can sell their business to another rocket vendor, so this way we all can get one of Q-Modeling kits.

There is no hope. They ain't coming back. When they say they're ready to come back and years go by with nothing, that tells you all you need to know. Gave up on that hope long ago, now whenever I see one of these threads I just chuckle.

Exactly! I'm sure if they were serious or had the resources to re-established themselves they would have by now.

I spoke to Tom Quinn of Qmodeling in October and he said they were aiming to be back in time for Christmas. Their website isn't up yet so, that's it for now. I will call him again this week. I truly regret putting off buying the Andromeda and Mega Viper kits.
If they don't make it back, we'll have to duke it out on eBay for whatever pops up.

I spoke to Tom Quinn of Qmodeling in October and he said they were aiming to be back in time for Christmas. Their website isn't up yet so, that's it for now. I will call him again this week. I truly regret putting off buying the Andromeda and Mega Viper kits.
If they don't make it back, we'll have to duke it out on eBay for whatever pops up.

I've heard them give time lines for coming back before all of which have long ago expired.

I have a QModeling Rogue still in the shipping box unopened, and I am kind of afraid it to build it as it could be the last QModeling kit I'll ever see. If so, that'd be a shame--lovely kits that were truly unique, and fun to build & fly. Much more than the typical 3FNC formula.

Their kits were unique. With all the parts and non-standard cones, they are not easy to produce I guess. My Stiletto is still flying, with and aftermarket...cone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Please keep the gentle 'pressure' on them, if you dont mind. Ive been waiting for them to
come back since the day after the flood.

Wrecked my Starship Vega a while back. It's sitting in the corner, looking pitiful. Would love to see them come back so I could get parts, and a few more kits.

Back