2017 ford Super Duty Fx4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man,,,
I was absolutely not aware of that Gus..
I'm embarrassed..
Your Dodge is made ( or assembled ) in Mexico ???

Man, I'm really not going to like this,,,

Where is my GMC made / assembled ???

Teddy

To mind- Flint Michigan, Fort Wayne Indiana and, even maybe Mexico? I would approach the sticker on the inside of your drivers side door/door jam very cautiously.

I'm so big these days on don't go complaining to a politician
when half the crap you own was made overseas...
He can do nothing if we tie his hands behind his back....
If we don't go long and far to buy American,,
what the heck do you expect is going to happen...
It's pretty easy to figure out...

Teddy

+1 Teddy, buy American. At the local Teamsters Hall there is a list of American and made in America vehicles. Not every American brands models are on that list, some Fords and Chevys are made in Canada they aren't on the list, things like that. My wifes Chrysler Town and Country was made in St. Louis and my Ford F-250 in Kentucky, but some models of Town and Country were made in Ontario, Canada. Nothing against our foreign neighbors but if we don't buy American money doesn't stay in America, some Chrysler T&C's are made in Taiwan (but probably not for US market). The list of made in America vehicles does not include Toyota, Nissan, Subaru etc, even though the have assembly plants here in the US, why? because the money from the sales of those vehicles goes to a foreign corporation (even though they are well made and well reputed vehicles).

If you don't come back- Let it be known, i have always loved you in a *Platonic* kind of way...:blush:

Ha,,,
Man am I happy,,
It says proudly made in Flint Michigan by UAW workers......
Oh man Gus,,
You had me goin there for a minute,, lol...
But seriously,, I poked around and GMC does make some trucks in Mexico...
I will not apologize..
I am entitled to my opinion...
Very, Very uncool...
I'd like to know the honest answer ( you'll never get it )
just exactly what the price difference would be...

+1 Teddy, buy American. At the local Teamsters Hall there is a list of American and made in America vehicles. Not every American brands models are on that list, some Fords and Chevys are made in Canada they aren't on the list, things like that. My wifes Chrysler Town and Country was made in St. Louis and my Ford F-250 in Kentucky, but some models of Town and Country were made in Ontario, Canada. Nothing against our foreign neighbors but if we don't buy American money doesn't stay in America, some Chrysler T&C's are made in Taiwan (but probably not for US market). The list of made in America vehicles does not include Toyota, Nissan, Subaru etc, even though the have assembly plants here in the US, why? because the money from the sales of those vehicles goes to a foreign corporation (even though they are well made and well reputed vehicles).

Hey Rich,, very cool list,, I'm no longer in the market to buy a vehicle but I'd certainly be interested in seeing that list...
You won't believe how far I'm going with this lately..
I don't know, I guess I was ready anyway,, I needed a new phone ( mine was 5 years old )
I went with an iphone...
I felt the same as you say above,,
I know it's still probably made overseas but at least the company is American based....

Teddy

Ha,,,
Man am I happy,,
It says proudly made in Flint Michigan by UAW workers......
Oh man Gus,,
You had me goin there for a minute,, lol...
Teddy

Teddy? If i told you that this 1968 American built model was made almost entirely of foreign sourced parts would you still respect me? :sigh:

I think the break down is something like-

50% Germany.
20% Ireland.
20% Dutch.
and, 10% American Indian.

I was an ugly baby...View attachment 309915

I mean no disrespect towards anyone...
I truly don't have a prejudice bone in my body..
That's the way I was brought up..
I just would prefer see the jobs / work that is for this country be in this country
because that will make more money flow in the middle class of this country...

Teddy

I am leaning toward the 4.30 rear end with the 6.2L. Yes, might lose 1 mpg but more power by keep the rpm's in the high end of the rpm band.

Never test drove it but would seriously consider it. The Ram Power Wagon. Man that is a beast. I guarantee you would not get that bad boy stuck on the playa in black rocket. The Ultimate Rocketry Recovery Vehicle.

[video=youtube;iGUooVCHpyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGUooVCHpyc[/video]

I have a F350 Dually that I bought new in 2015. I have had zero problems. Just be sure to use good fuel and drain the water separator regularly. I can highly recommend the Ford Super Duty with 6.7L turbo diesel. It makes a crazy amount of torque (860 lb-ft, starting around 1000 rpm) and is much quieter that the Cummins diesel in the Dodge. The emmisions crap might rob a little power but you won't miss it and it doesn't affect engine longetivity. Just pour some DEF in the DEF tank once in a while and you're good.

32131117730_a37984b326_b.jpg

I have a F350 Dually that I bought new in 2015. I have had zero problems. Just be sure to use good fuel and drain the water separator regularly. I can highly recommend the Ford Super Duty with 6.7L turbo diesel. It makes a crazy amount of torque (860 lb-ft, starting around 1000 rpm) and is much quieter that the Cummins diesel in the Dodge. The emmisions crap might rob a little power but you won't miss it and it doesn't affect engine longetivity. Just pour some DEF in the DEF tank once in a while and you're good.

32131117730_a37984b326_b.jpg

Thanks man. It is always good to hear about real world advice from someone who owns and drives one.
andrew

Back