2017 ford Super Duty Fx4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Anyone on here bought one of these? I am going to pull the trigger in June to buy one. My budget is about 50K. I like the 6.7L Diesel but with the emissions crap on them, it chokes down those motors and that scares me away. Leaning towards the 6.2L. I would entertain the ram Heavy duty.

thanks

Did I accidentally stumble into the Ford Super Duty forum? Oops, my bad...

At my work I have the opportunity to drive all three major US brands pickups, my favorite is the Ford F-250 and always a diesel when it comes to hauling loads like RV's. The Chevy's/GMC's used to be my favs years ago, and the Dodges have always seemed to me to be cheaply made (they aren't but they seem to feel that way), and every Dodge/Chrysler product I have owned has been a PITA (mini-vans, pickups, durango, and cars, not drivetrain issues, electrical issues). The diesels will do harder work, easier, for longer than a gas motor and outlast it by at least 2:1 if properly maintained. We have Duramax's, Cummins and Powerstrokes.

If you're not against used, get one that's a couple years old. I bought mine 5 years old for 1/3 the price. 15k vs 45k new. Use the extra money on opening up flow if you need to.

Proper regular maintenance is more important than brand IMO.

For what it's worth,my good friend bought a new 15 Ford 4x4. He tows a large trailer to haul his atv's around. The ford wasn't cutting it--low power--poor mileage--rough transmission *****.He had it three months and traded for a Dodge diesel 4x4. WOW, What a truck!! I don't think it even knows the trailer is behind it--better mileage, and the shifts are glass smooth.. It's also super quiet inside and rides nicely---H

I USED to say, the perfect truck would be a Ford chassis, a Cummins engine and an Allison Transmission. Not anymore though as some things have changed. Dodge seems to have their transmission woes under control now, but the body is still a Dodge..prepare for rust. But I think initial quality in them is pretty good and they are nice. I'm worried about Ford's chassis stiffness. I have seen a few things about them that make me take pause. I'm own a 2006 Chevy 2500 Duramax myself and my new truck is still 3 years away (so says the wife!) so I also have been looking over trucks. Leaning GMC, but keeping an eye on the long term durability of the Dodges....I REALLY like their interiors. Good luck, but go diesel if you are planning on keeping the truck for awhile!

I drive a 2013 f350 super duty (6.7L) for work and while it is a capable truck/tow vehicle , it has its issues:

The ride is really rough unless you have a heavy load or trailer.

The sync interface is clunky and buggy (may have been fixed in last 4 years).

We've had a lot of "Nickel and dime" repairs. Nothing substantial but more small issues than I'd expect.

The warning chime (key left in ignition, not buckled, etc) is the most annoying sound a car has ever made.

I personally preferred the Ram 3500 but will admit a preference for Dodge and if you're used to the Fords, you'll be happy with the choice.

I dont think I could go wrong withe either ford super duty or ram. I know for has had issues with their diesel trucks over the years. I think they have them worked out now for 2017. I like the cummins. Like I said before diesels have the crap emissions; egr coolers and def systems. Gas does not have those. I love the new aluminum bodies ford has. I like both interiors of ram and ford. I have plans in 2018 to make the trek from oklahoma to black rock. Largest load I see towing currently is 6-7,000 pounds. For the mountains diesel is the way to go. I may only tow in the mountains once a year. I want to take the family on road trips with the RV and may not go into the mountains but hilly terrain. At this point I am thinking which ever dealer ford or ram gives me the best bang for my buck. I think going into the mountains while going to black rock may be once a year or once every 2-3 years diesel would be great but the rest of the time I would not technically need a diesel. I guess a person has to decide if the upcharch fo 8-12,000 buck is worth a diesel when you only need serious towing power a very handful of times. If money was no object sure get a diesel every time. When the time comes have to test drive both trucks and with different trim packages.

I know the new rams 2500 has rear coil springs to make the ride better. Fords new 2017's i hear are light years ahead of the previous trucks in respect to ride comfort. I think power is pretty close for both ram and ford. If the emissions could be removed from the diesel trucks then a diesel is the way to go. Doing that the engine would be 150% better than stock, but its not legal. For that reason a gas is more in my likelihood. The thought had crossed my mind to get a used 2007 cummins in a ram with the 5.9L where there was no emissions. You could role coal in that baby.

Just a lot of thoughts

Last edited:
My father has been driving a '99 F-250 Superduty (first production year) with the V10 engine since he bought it new. There haven't been any significant issues that I'm aware of. The only issue he did have was V10-specific - the exhaust manifolds break studs and warp. He used that as an excuse to install a Banks kit. With regards to diesel emissions controls, that's not a Ford issue, everybody has to meet the same requirements. Diesels have more elaborate controls on them because they throw off a lot more NOX and particulate emissions, so they need more to clean them up. With as much torque as all three manufacturer's are claiming from their diesel engines, I can't see how you can really call them "choked down". This isn't the late '70s any more. If you do a lot of heavy towing, the diesel is worth the price. But if you're only occasionally doing light to moderate towing, its harder to justify. The gas V8 is quite capable in the latter situation.

Last edited:
My father has been driving a '99 F-250 Superduty (first production year) with the V10 engine since he bought it new. There haven't been any significant issues that I'm aware of. The only issue he did have was V10-specific - the exhaust manifolds break studs and warp. He used that as an excuse to install a Banks kit. With regards to diesel emissions controls, that's not a Ford issue, everybody has to meet the same requirements. Diesels have more elaborate controls on them because they throw off a lot more NOX and particulate emissions, so they need more to clean them up. With as much torque as all three manufacturer's are claiming from their diesel engines, I can't see how you can really call them "choked down". This isn't the late '70s any more. If you do a lot of heavy towing, the diesel is worth the price. But if you're only occasionally doing light to moderate towing, its harder to justify. The gas V8 is quite capable in the latter situation.

Yes its not ford its the damn epa. Right, they still make a lot of power despite there disability. But imagine what power they could produce without the emissions garbage. I am just concerned about what the emissions does for longevity of the engine itself. Time will tell if these emission controlled diesels can still go 500,000 miles or more with out the engine failing because of the emission standards.

I'm pretty sure that the evidence is already there, the emissions devices don't directly impact the longevity of the engines themselves. A diesel engine that's poorly design or built will have durability concerns. A robust engine with emissions controls on it will be a fairly clean engine for a long time. I'm going to get into a debate about the EPA, but needless to say, I have to believe that this is really what we want (effective emissions controls). Unless, of course, you prefer to have your kids breathing diesel soot and such... :rolleyes:

The big rigs and big RVs are still pulling those trailers and hills great with the epa'd motors.

No load , enjoy the truck of choice.. but with a load or trailer with any hills you need a diesel.

I have a v10 rv and it gets sub 10 mpg, struggles in the hills and i wish i had a diesel every time i make the drive. On the flats and the cruise is set its not a PiTA but those mountains really take a toll on the vehicle and driver.

The guy who suggested a used diesel was spot on in my opinion .. and makes more sense if you are going to have long term

Kenny

Last edited:
The big rigs and big RVs are still pulling those trailers and hills great with the epa'd motors.

No load , enjoy the truck of choice.. but with a load or trailer with any hills you need a diesel.

I have a v10 rv and it gets sub 10 mpg, struggles in the hills and i wish i had a diesel every time i make the drive. On the flats and the cruise is set its not a PiTA but those mountains really take a toll on the vehicle and driver.

The guy who suggested a used diesel was spot on in my opinion .. and makes more sense if you are going to have long term

Kenny

Diesel in regular trucks and motor homes have the emissions crap dont smoke. The big semis that have a diesel I see smoke out of the stacks all the time. Aren't the semis dont apply to the emission standards.

I know if you talk to hard core diesel truck people they hate the emissions crap. But those trucks are extreme.

Diesel in regular trucks and motor homes have the emissions crap dont smoke. The big semis that have a diesel I see smoke out of the stacks all the time. Aren't the semis dont apply to the emission standards.

I know if you talk to hard core diesel truck people they hate the emissions crap. But those trucks are extreme.

Depends on the age of the semi, as to whether it has a regen or a def system on it, the regen systems started hitting the scene around 2009 or so and DEF came along a few years later. Sometimes trucks with regen system ( DPF or diesel particulate filters) will look like they blow some smoke usually, that is ash unless the regen systems have been removed or is not working correctly. Truckers don't like the regen systems because they actually burn additonal fuel to clean the DPF via an incineration type process of the stuff the DPF collects.

Pickups today are actually showing horsepower specs exceeding some semis, the semi gets the advantage in torque due to rotating mass (I think). Any of the modern diesel pickups are capable to towing far more load than the frame is capable of handling.

Columbia- Welcome to the Diesel Dummies Board! :lol: I'll put in my two cents on this one, having owned Diesel pickups since new starting in 1989.

*No matter what you buy nowdays, your choice especially from the "Big Three" will get you a solid vehicle that is leaps and, bounds ahead of what anyone ever thought owning a diesel engine in a pickup chassis could be.*

Fact-The emissions issue is here to stay, you have the option to keep it stock under warranty and, mess with it latter or leave it alone.
Fact-Any Pickup Truck that has a leaf spring rear end (versus coil) is going to ride...Like a truck.
Fact-Any Pickup Truck with 20" wheels is also not going to ride Cadillac smooth. (I could have stayed with the factory 18" but, bought the optional 20").
Fact-Maintenance with a Diesel (when you have a major malfunction) is going to cost more than a comparable Gas motor. Get used to it.
Fact-Anyone who tells you that they added this...added that to their 2500/3500 and, are getting 27-28 mpg (AT THE PUMP) is blowing smoke.

-Now that little Fiat Diesel in the Ram 1500...W:smile:W! I don't know an unhappy owner so far!- But, that's a little 1/2 ton...

Here's my latest example. *Witchita* Ok, i'm such a geek i actually name my vehicles...:D

View attachment 309824

*Witchita* is my latest factory ordered 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn that stickered for $70K that i took home for $60K flat. It has every option except-
Sunroof, Two Tone paint, Fifth Wheel mount package, Rear Air Suspension and, Snowplow package. THAT'S IT.
I added (among things) Amp Research Power Steps (better ground clearance over stock tube steps), Improved Towing items, S&B Cold Air Intake (oiled filter), Ride Hite Rear Air Suspension (better than stock at half of the optional price), Bilstein Shocks (better) and, last but, not least TS Stryker Box (which drives the dealer crazy but...but..THEY can't do a $%&#'n thing about since it DOES NOT fingerprint the ECM).

Stock its 385 horse and, 865 pound feet of torque from the factory. On an Dynojet roller dyno a while back it put 423 horse to the ground and, over 900 pound feet at 1650 rpms. This thing pulls like a FREIGHT TRAIN. You don't floor it on wet or slick winter ground. ;) Doesn't even blow smoke...Which is stupid unless your dealing with a competition application.

Once again- Blowing Black Smoke is ignorant and, your money out the pipe(s). :no:

Warranty issues so far with *Witchita* have been (Because Dodge's are third rate for some.)
1. Right side mirror "LED Puddle light" burned out- Owner troubleshot, replaced at Dealer-15 minutes out the door.
2. Drivers seat lumbar motor stopped working- Dealer replaced seat back in 2 hours.
3. Dash mechanical oil pressure gauge stopped working (electronic gauge verified proper oil pressure). Dealer replaced in 1 hour.

That's it in 49,000 miles...Maybe less or more for other Dodge owners but, i still love her! :eek: By the way- The truck is ONLY 22 months old...

I do the oil changes every 10K, transmission (AISIN Auto) filter every 30K (Dealer wants $400, i do it for $120). Empty she gets 16-18 in mixed city/highway mode and, up to 22 on the Interstate with the cruise set at "Mach 70". Towing? Normally with 15,000lbs behind my 9000lb truck...15mpg. Goes through 2 1/2 gallons of DEF every 7500-8000 miles (buy your DEF in the 2 1/2 gallon cube at your local Farm Supply Superstore) Cost? $7.

Dodge Body rot :confused: Yah- They all do here in Indiana. Come walk the employee parking lot with me sometime...THEY ALL RUST very well (THE BIG THREE).

SOLUTION- Get yourself an aerosol can or two of FLUID FILM CLean the underside of your vehicle and, let dry...just spray it on and, let sit. I buy it in the gallon size and, apply it with a paint gun and, air compressor. Liquid armor against all Sodium/Calcium/Rust...um Sprays that they paint the road with.

Soooo.....If you happen to be at LDRS 36 this year in Maryland look for me- I'll be somewhere in the back row. You'll find the interior of my Larmaie Longhorn is very comfortable and, well put together. Plus the "Infotainment" Center is awesome! I'll even let you take her for a spin...

Realize that the Diesels have come along way and, they require preventative maintenance to stay running that way but, in the end they will outlast and, out pull their gas competitors. Good Luck with your decision! ;)

Last edited:
Columbia- Welcome to the Diesel Dummies Board! :lol: I'll put in my two cents on this one, having owned Diesel pickups since new starting in 1989.

*No matter what you buy nowdays, your choice especially from the "Big Three" will get you a solid vehicle that is leaps and, bounds ahead of what anyone ever thought owning a diesel engine in a pickup chassis could be.*

Fact-The emissions issue is here to stay, you have the option to keep it stock under warranty and, mess with it latter or leave it alone.
Fact-Any Pickup Truck that has a leaf spring rear end (versus coil) is going to ride...Like a truck.
Fact-Any Pickup Truck with 20" wheels is also not going to ride Cadillac smooth. (I could have stayed with the factory 18" but, didn't).
Fact-Maintenance with a Diesel (when you have a major malfunction) is going to cost more than a comparable Gas motor. Get used to it.
Fact-Anyone who tells you that they added this...added that to their 2500/3500 and, are getting 27-28 mpg (AT THE PUMP) is blowing smoke.

-Now that little Fiat Diesel in the Ram 1500...W:smile:W! I don't know an unhappy owner so far!- But, that's a little 1/2 ton...

Here's my latest example. *Witchita* Ok, i'm such a geek i actually name my vehicles...:D

View attachment 309824

*Witchita* is my latest factory ordered 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn that stickered for $70k that i took home for $60 flat. It has every option except-
Sunroof, Two Tone paint, Fifth Wheel mount package, Rear Air Suspension and, Snowplow package. THAT'S IT.
I added (among things) Amp Research Power Steps (better ground clearance over stock tube steps), Improved Towing items, S&B Cold Air Intake (oiled filter), Ride Hite Rear Air Suspension (better than stock at half the price), Bilstein Shocks (better) and, last but, not least TS Stryker Box (which drives the dealer crazy but...but..THEY can't do a $%&#'n thing about since it DOES NOT fingerprint the ECM).

Stock its 385 horse and, 865 pound feet of torque from the factory. On an Dynojet roller dyno a while back it put 423 horse to the ground and, over 900 pound feet at 1650 rpms. This thing pulls like a FREIGHT TRAIN. You don't floor it on wet or slick winter ground. ;) Doesn't even blow smoke...Which is stupid unless your dealing with a competition application.

Once again- Blowing Black Smoke is ignorant and, your money out the pipe(s). :no:

Warranty issues so far with *Witchita* have been (Because Dodge's are third rate for some.)
1. Right side mirror "LED Puddle light" burned out- Owner troubleshot, replaced at Dealer-15 minutes out the door.
2. Drivers seat lumbar motor stopped working- Dealer replaced seat back in 2 hours.
3. Dash mechanical oil pressure gauge stopped working (electronic gauge verified proper oil pressure). Dealer replaced in 1 hour.

That's it in 49,000 miles...Maybe less or more for other Dodge owners but, i still love her! :eek: By the way- The truck is ONLY 22 months old...

I do the oil changes every 10K, transmission (AISIN Auto) filter every 30K (Dealer wants $400, i do it for $120). Empty she gets 16-18 in mixed city/highway mode and, up to 22 on the Interstate with the cruise set at "Mach 70". Towing? Normally with 15,000lbs behind my 9000lb truck...15mpg. Goes through 2 1/2 gallons of DEF every 7500-8000 miles (buy your DEF in the 2 1/2 gallon cube at your local Farm Supply Superstore) Cost? $7.

Dodge Body rot :confused: Yah- They all do here in Indiana. Come walk the employee parking lot with me sometime...They all RUST very well (THE BIG THREE).

SOLUTION- Get yourself an aerosol can or two of FLUID FILM CLean the underside of your vehicle and, let dry...just spray it on and, let sit. I buy it in the gallon size and, apply it with a paint gun and, air compressor. Liquid armor against all Sodium/Calcium/Rust...um Sprays that they paint the road with!

Soooo.....If you happen to be at LDRS 36 this year in Maryland look for me- I'll be somewhere in the back row. You'll find the interior of my Larmaie Longhorn is very comfortable and, well put together. Plus the "Infotainment" Center is awesome! I'll even let you take her for a spin...

Realize that the Diesels have come along way and, they require preventative maintenance to stay running that way but, in the end they will outlast and, out pull their gas competitors. Good Luck with your decision! ;)

Cool. I have know diesels have come a long way. With taking care of it, it will take care of you. I know there is alot of things that could go wrong more so than a gas. I know when you have to get new injectors it can exceed 4 grand.

My whole thing is it worth the extra cost and maintenance of a diesel when I only need that kind of power a few times a year, maybe or maybe not. I would like a diesel but depends on the best deal.

If I could build my own truck it'd be the Cummins 6 motor ( in the Dodge )
and the Alison 10 trans ( in the GMC ) for sure..
But I can't..
My close second choice on the motor was the GMC Duramax..
I've heard of so many dealer go backs on the Dodge truck the truck itself wasn't in the running..
Gus is the first all positive I've ever heard on a Dodge truck,, he's very truck experienced though,, I'd put a lot of stock in what he says..
After living with the Alison trans for a year ( almost ) it is everything you could ever wish for and then some...
The Duramax is also more then I could have hoped for...
As far as the rear leaves riding "like a truck",,
I used to drive for a living,, all day,, every day..
But that was so many years ago,,
today's trucks are light years ahead of their predecessors...
I don't like a wishy washy boat ride..
My 2500 rides just as smooth as butter,, and it's not bad at all over the bumps...

Teddy

Hey,,
Ya know who else swears by his Dodge 3500 / Cummins truck ???
Kenny A. from Performance Hobbies...
And he puts an enormous ( to me anyway ) amount of mileage on his towing a good 10 K lbs...

Just for fun-

Me towing "Humbled Neighbor" to previously said *Dyno Event* for personal bragging rights.

View attachment 309840View attachment 309841

GUSMAN! :D I've got an EDGE Box! A Trash Can sized filter in my Cold Air Intake! And Monster straight pipe to the back end! Blah...Blah...Blah! What do think it will do?

:eek: F*rt in a wind storm...

GUSMAN! :D Why be a hater?

:eek: It's not bragging IF you know your going to pummel your friends truck...

GUSMAN! :D I don't know- Going to turn up the programmer a notch for this one! :headbang:

VROOM! VROOOOM! VROOOOOOOOOOOM! ;)

The results were quite humbling, especially when it had too be towed there and, back.

GUSMAN! :eek: I NEED A NEW CLUTCH! :jaw:

I would be lying if i said we both had a chance of winning the "Stock Class" we entered. The top three rolled 650-700 hp to the ground and, around 1050-1150 pounds of torque.

Then you looked at the next class up- With bigger turbos! :cool: MAN MADE THUNDER.

If I could build my own truck it'd be the Cummins 6 motor ( in the Dodge )
and the Alison 10 trans ( in the GMC ) for sure..
But I can't..
My close second choice on the motor was the GMC Duramax..
I've heard of so many dealer go backs on the Dodge truck the truck itself wasn't in the running..
Gus is the first all positive I've ever heard on a Dodge truck,, he's very truck experienced though,, I'd put a lot of stock in what he says..
After living with the Alison trans for a year ( almost ) it is everything you could ever wish for and then some...
As far as the rear leaves riding "like a truck",,
I used to drive for a living,, all day,, every day..
But that was so many years ago,,
today's trucks are light years ahead of their predecessors...
I don't like a wishy washy boat ride..
My 2500 rides just as smooth as butter,, and it's not bad at all over the bumps...

Teddy

Hey,,
And he puts an enormous ( to me anyway ) amount of mileage on his towing a good 10 K lbs...

Thanks Teddy. Its great to hear real world results not the Manufacture telling use why to by there truck.

Probably the biggest killer of diesel injectors is cheap fuel! Yes, injectors are expensive to replace, but put quality fuel in the vehicle and that will go a long way to preventing injector failure.

Probably the biggest killer of diesel injectors is cheap fuel! Yes, injectors are expensive to replace, but put quality fuel in the vehicle and that will go a long way to preventing injector failure.

Yea, buy the fuel from a high volume fuel station. Dont buy at a station that does not sell lots of fuel because the diesel will sit in the tank.

Thanks Teddy. Its great to hear real world results not the Manufacture telling use why to by there truck.

To be honest,,
In my younger days I was into sport,, mostly bikes,, so I was a big Jap fan...
But for the trucks it was always Ford all the way,, I guess past down from my father...
20 ( or more ) years ago the American big 3 were having serious reliability issues...
I think they've come forward by leaps and bounds now..
As I get older the whole buy American thing becomes more and more important to me..
Today I am so proud to say no matter what type of car or truck your looking for GMC has a super offer in that class..
Right from small, fuel efficient cars all the way on up...
Whatever you're looking for they have an entry into that class that is highly likely to take the sale..
There's no more reason to buy Jap or anything else from overseas..
The big 3 are all very close,, after all it's such a competitive market...

Everyone's different,,
For me it was a no contest..
The body--- GMC
The Chassis--- GMC
The interior--- GMC
The Trans--- the Alison 1000 that comes with the Duramax
The motor--- Man,, I really liked the Cummins,, tops,, but the Duramax was a close second..

Now that I own the truck I would take any other for anything...

The only problem is listening to Kenny A from Performance Hobbies tell me about his big Cummins pullin so hard and sippin ever so gently,,, lol....

Teddy

One of my co-workers recently went through the whole injector situation on his 2015 Ram with the Cummins, no kidding it was several thousand dollars. He did when he purchased the vehicle last summer buy the extended warrant so it only cost him a few hundred in tow bills but still ouch.

One of my co-workers recently went through the whole injector situation on his 2015 Ram with the Cummins, no kidding it was several thousand dollars. He did when he purchased the vehicle last summer buy the extended warrant so it only cost him a few hundred in tow bills but still ouch.

I guess if you can buy brand new get a brand new diesel not a used one because you might not know what the previous owner did to it. If your not careful you could walk into a monument of problems. Just do your homework.

Teddy

Hey,,

You snuck in on me while i was making a *funny* about my neighbor! ;)

Well, when your first ride home from the hospital is in a Dodge, grow up in household of Mopar lovers with Wedges, Magnums, Six Packs/Six Barrels....HEMI's you kind of like what you know! :eek:

For the record- Ford and, GM have without a doubt the strongest transmissions out there...I chose the AISIN option (for $3000 more) because i believe its leaps and, bounds above the stocker auto when power starts to add up. Even though there are mixed reactions to the AISIN i wanted it just in case. Getting a Manual in my truck's trim package was not an option and, really bummed me out since i STILL like to shift my vehicles. You have not had that option with Ford or GM for awhile now.

We have a large group of our Employees who drive Diesel pickup trucks to work...NOOOOOO?! :eek: Truck Drivers/Diesel Mechanics owning Diesel pickups? WHOOOOOOA!:eek: Of course there are mixed reactions and, lots of brand loyalty involved...but, i like what i know. I am VERY impressed at what is now out there for anyone who may chose to buy a Diesel equipped vehicle new or old.

I also know what it would take to delete the emissions on my truck and, its alot of work out in the shop to do this...A whole weekend for me and, previously mentioned neighbor. I'm not ready to go there yet- I swear the air coming out of my tailpipe is cleaner than the air going into the airbox.

The more you hang around people in the Diesel fraternity you really start to find the people who (like on this forum) are above and, beyond the crowd.
Their engineers/designers/great thinkers-doers or not but, devout fanatics who are always striving to increase the Volumetric Efficiency/Reliability of their vehicles for performance/mileage while not breaking down.

It all comes down to this- You look at the options, comfort, and, what you want to accomplish with your vehicle...Then buy a good solid piece and, live with the good the bad and, hopefully not-ugly.

At work every night, i drive a Freightliner Semi Tractor that is made in Satillo Mexico right down the road from where my Pickup was built. It is equipped with a Detroit Diesel and, ELEVEN computers that talk to each other-Sometimes things get lost in translation and, it takes a literal *electronic dump*.
The general quality control issues with our trucks are HORRIBLE. So much that we are now testing Kenworths with Paccar Diesel motors...
By this time next year i should be in line to drive a new "Ken-Whopper" and, i'm really looking forward to that.

If you would ask- Would you have preferred that your Ram be built in Canada or the US?...I would say yes but, all Rams above the 1500 model are built *below the border*.

It cost me MORE to buy my last truck then what it cost me to build my house-

Buy what you like!

Teddy? :eek: Your getting a BIG HUG from Gusser at LDRS36! Watch your back...:eek:

Last edited:
Oh man,,,
I was absolutely not aware of that Gus..
I'm embarrassed..
Your Dodge is made ( or assembled ) in Mexico ???

Man, I'm really not going to like this,,,

Where is my GMC made / assembled ???

Teddy

I'm so big these days on don't go complaining to a politician
when half the crap you own was made overseas...
He can do nothing if we tie his hands behind his back....
If we don't go long and far to buy American,,
what the heck do you expect is going to happen...
It's pretty easy to figure out...

Teddy

Back