• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Telemini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRFfan

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for someone willing to sell a used Telemini for under 100 CDN.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Not sure if your wanting to use the teledongle with the telemini or not but you don't need a dongle for the telemini. It does not send packet telemetry it emits a rf beacon and only a receiver that can receive 430-440 MHz and you can hook a yagi antenna to it for rf direction finding, is needed. Also the telemini requires a Ham license to operate.

Not sure if your wanting to use the teledongle with the telemini or not but you don't need a dongle for the telemini. It does not send packet telemetry it emits a rf beacon and only a receiver that can receive 430-440 MHz and you can hook a yagi antenna to it for rf direction finding, is needed. Also the telemini requires a Ham license to operate.
Ok thanks.

Some semi mis-information here.

You DO want a Teledongle - actually a TeleBT which is the more modern version of it.
The dongle lets you configure the altimeter, go from idle to launch mode, see "what is going on" in terms of deployment continuity/readiness to record the flight/etc. You can also interface with AltosDroid if you care to. And you can use it to do ground testing via radio (no configuring odd wires out your rocket).

While it is true you don't need the dongle to track (this is done with a handheld radio/yagi/RF), you do want to use one for configuring your altimeter, managing flight operations, monitoring the flight, properly recording your flight data, recovering your flight data, etc.

Note that the Telemini only records one flight - this makes it doubly important to know exactly what is going on with the altimeter once the rocket is on the pad ready to launch. The dongle lets you see this.

s6

Some semi mis-information here.

You DO want a Teledongle - actually a TeleBT which is the more modern version of it.
The dongle lets you configure the altimeter, go from idle to launch mode, see "what is going on" in terms of deployment continuity/readiness to record the flight/etc. You can also interface with AltosDroid if you care to. And you can use it to do ground testing via radio (no configuring odd wires out your rocket).

While it is true you don't need the dongle to track (this is done with a handheld radio/yagi/RF), you do want to use one for configuring your altimeter, managing flight operations, monitoring the flight, properly recording your flight data, recovering your flight data, etc.

Note that the Telemini only records one flight - this makes it doubly important to know exactly what is going on with the altimeter once the rocket is on the pad ready to launch. The dongle lets you see this.

s6

I use both and prefer both for different reasons. I use the TeleDongle/Yagi connected to my Mac back at the flight line and listen to the synthesized voice call out while I focus on the flight, it also has a larger FoV at a reasonable screen size, for doing the initial tracking using either the TeleGPS or AltosUI software. Then when I hop in the car to drive to the last known GPS position I use my TeleBT/Yagi combo connected to my Android on AltosDroid, which is much more portable than walking around with a laptop.

I use the TeleGPS units though not the TeleMini.

You have two different threads named exactly the same thing. You already learned in your other thread that there is a new version coming out. I agree with others who have said this is kind of annoying.

Steve Shannon

Me suspects the current owners are using theirs and not willing to part with them for $75.00US. I believe they were $150.00? when they were available last and we'll see
once the new batch is released. The OP's only choice might be to get one new unless a current user upgrades to the newer unit and is willing to part with the old one. Kurt

You have two different threads named exactly the same thing. You already learned in your other thread that there is a new version coming out. I agree with others who have said this is kind of annoying.

Steve Shannon
I want a used one for cheap. Geez. My other thread was about a completely different thing. I'm asking here if anyone is selling a used one.

Me suspects the current owners are using theirs and not willing to part with them for $75.00US. I believe they were $150.00? when they were available last and we'll see
once the new batch is released. The OP's only choice might be to get one new unless a current user upgrades to the newer unit and is willing to part with the old one. Kurt
That's probably what i'll try.

Latest posts

Back