BT-60 plastic nose block part #071061

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabernut

Reaction score
Can anyone provide or verify the measurements in this OpenRocket file? It's the plastic nose block that came with the Estes Magnum #1422/2032, and possibly other kits?. I'm working on creating an .stl file to go along with this so it can be brought back to life via 3D printing.

Also if anyone doesn't have the measurements but has a scan of the part, that would work too.

[UPDATE] Here is the updated .ork file based on measurements from post#4, Thanks Charles!

View attachment 071061 BT-60 Nose Block.ork

Capture7.PNG071061.png

Update:
Here is the .stl file for 3D printing your own:
View attachment NB60_2.stlCapture9.PNG

And the OpenSCAD file if you want to scale/modify. Note: for some reason it won't let me attach the .scad file, so I attached it as a .zip file
View attachment NB60_2.scad.zip

Last edited:
Looks ok, I can probably get a micrometer on one of mine this weekend, however for printing you might want to drop the diameter of the shoulders to 1.59" to give the part some room instead of making the listed inside diameter of the tubes.

kj

Is that the same part that came in the payload bay 'kit'? I have one of those (and a micrometer)

The kit was Estes #303195, and came with a PS-5560 transition (That I needed for a Nike Apache - other threads here on TRF), and also a PS60, and a PNC 60NA - I think. The BT60 aft bay closure looks a LOT like the part you show.

Last edited:
The instructions inside the BT60 payload section kit do indeed call the 'BT60 coupler' by part number 71061

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1484962491.143382.jpg

Fore and aft shoulder OD = 40.2mm
The OD of the band = 41.6mm
The height of the forward shoulder = 12.3mm
The height of the forward cone = 7.1mm
The diameter of the forward opening = 14mm
The height of the band = 9.8mm
The height of the aft shoulder = 22.6mm
The height of the aft cone = 12.7mm
The diameter of the aft opening = 14mm
The aft loop notch is 7.9mm deep in diameter and 7.5mm max height
It weighs 7g - but I don't have my fine balance at home.

Wow thats great info, Thanks!

Now to tweak the .ork file and create a scaleable .stl file with OpenSCAD...

- p.s. The .ork file will exclude the attachment loops, but I'll the .stl file will have them.

Last edited:
Mine only has an aft loop. The forward end is meant to be glued in.

You're right only one. I was just looking at the 55-60 transition on my Loadstar II for comparison and realized it has no forward loop.

Thanks! That part from my antique Magnum has taken a beating. Maybe I can 3D print a spare.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back