Frankum Performance Rocketry Products?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramper Al

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone out there had any dealings with Frankum Performance Rocketry Products?
My Cineroc is missing its drive pulley, and they purport to sell one, an "exact replacement" that is "cast from high durability resin".
I don't know if I'll have much luck finding one elsewhere.
They offer 4 other Cineroc parts (like nose cone), all at the same price, and the page in "under construction". They also offer starts and some fabricated launch pads.
It takes you right out to Paypal with your basket, but the site doesn't offer any street address, phone number, or any of the traditional indications that it might be real.
Thanks!

Hi,
Has anyone out there had any dealings with Frankum Performance Rocketry Products?
My Cineroc is missing its drive pulley, and they purport to sell one, an "exact replacement" that is "cast from high durability resin".
I don't know if I'll have much luck finding one elsewhere.
They offer 4 other Cineroc parts (like nose cone), all at the same price, and the page in "under construction". They also offer starts and some fabricated launch pads.
It takes you right out to Paypal with your basket, but the site doesn't offer any street address, phone number, or any of the traditional indications that it might be real.
Thanks!

Yes, I've known Royce for years. His pads and starters are very highly regarded around here. I didn't know about his Cineroc offering. I do know he has original Cineroc materials to work from. I would use the contact info provided to get your questions anwered.

Yes, I've known Royce for years. His pads and starters are very highly regarded around here. I didn't know about his Cineroc offering. I do know he has original Cineroc materials to work from. I would use the contact info provided to get your questions anwered.
Thanks, I did send a note "are you up and running with these Cineroc parts?". It's just funny the web site is so sparse with information. I did in a subsequent search connect the name "Frankum" (no mention of "Royce" on the site) with Cineroc assistance in one post over on YORF, so that and your reply are reassuring.

Thanks, I did send a note "are you up and running with these Cineroc parts?". It's just funny the web site is so sparse with information. I did in a subsequent search connect the name "Frankum" (no mention of "Royce" on the site) with Cineroc assistance in one post over on YORF, so that and your reply are reassuring.

Royce Frankum, Esq., good ol' Texan :wink: Since he's local I don't have any experience with his website idiosyncrasies. I'd just email or call him.

Known Royce since his early days in Rocketry when he bought an Aerotech launch pad from me. Upstanding individual.

As others have said, Royce is a good guy and probably the fastest talker I've ever encountered :).

Another thumbs up for Royce and his igniters, though I have no idea about the Cineroc stuff.

Hi Al,

Just curious are you wishing to restore your Cineroc so it's a complete keepsake or are you going to go through the trouble to actually try to fly a mission? Methinks you just want to make it whole.

Cineroc came out just after I slowed down in the hobby. I crashed my Camroc on the first flight and had bought a ton of support stuff for it. Never did replace it but boy do I wish now I bought a few of them
and stored them unopened in a cool dry place. Saw successful bids in the $900.00 several years ago for an unopened Camroc. Bet a Cineroc in the same shape would be in that realm. Kurt

Hi Al,
Just curious are you wishing to restore your Cineroc so it's a complete keepsake or are you going to go through the trouble to actually try to fly a mission? Methinks you just want to make it whole.
Kurt
Yes, would just like to get it a functional state, even if I never ask it to function in flight.
Now, if someone were to produce a 3D-printed working super-8 nosecone camera, then I absolutely would go to the trouble of finding, cutting, flying and developing film. But my rockets do crash and get lost often enough that I can't justify risking a 1970s camera that simply cannot be replaced. With Estes unable to find the resources to lay out a pdf catalog, the chance we'll see a reissued commemorative Cineroc anytime soon seems to be just about zero.

Hello, Trample! The Frankum Performance website has now been updated for all cineroc parts as well as the contact info on the "Contact Us" page. Thanks for your suggestions.

Back