Estes Bundle 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_650

Reaction score
https://www.estesrockets.com/clearance/2016-bundle-3. Of course, the DAY after I place an order for yet another box of Estes clearance specials they put the best bundle back on the website - Cosmic Interceptor, Sprint XL, Photon Probe, Sky Dart, Vagabond, and STM012 for $30.99! Guess I could always use extra kits, in case of rocket eating trees, hungry sky gods, CATOs....:wink:

Had a call on the cabinets from my shop I've got for sale.
Looks like I'll be coming into couple hundred bucks this weekend.
Just my luck, everything I want is "OUT OF STOCK" now at Estes.
@#$%&

keep checking, they go "in stock" every so often. Its like they are cycling batches of the same rocket. Though the Rouge Voyager was a new one for me. The Alpha Kit went out of stock, pulled off the list then re-added. I wouldn't mind getting a few more of the photon probes for future projects.

That is a smokin' deal, even if it DIDN'T have four rockets I am interested to start with!

Unfortunately, it says "sold out".

Should I order anyway?

That is a smokin' deal, even if it DIDN'T have four rockets I am interested to start with!

Unfortunately, it says "sold out".

Should I order anyway?

I don't believe one is able to order while it reads sold out, but yes do keep checking back.

I note that the Rouge Warrior does appropriately sport a red decal scheme.

Incidentally, if you have ever wanted to put together parts direct from Estes to build a Colossus, this might be your last chance. Tango has the decal.

And please don't anyone tell me what Bundle 2 was, because I missed that one completely.

Last edited:
And please don't anyone tell me what Bundle 2 was, because I missed that one completely.

I'm going to guess the bundle 2 were A-engine powered models. Reason: I found that the Fletcher was discounted to $3.59 and was available for a short time not on the sale page. Also because they have/had the mini-max, curvelinear, and jetliners on sale too. Another theory it could have been a group of the ARF kits that they are individually selling.

I don't believe one is able to order while it reads sold out, but yes do keep checking back.

I guess if I had been paying any kind of attention I would have noticed that... :facepalm:

I will check back often though because I was getting ready to order a Skydart and an STM-012 anyway, and the Cosmic Interceptor and Sprint II have been on my radar as well. Great bundle Estes!

Estes emailed me today (in response to my query) that they don't foresee bundle 3 coming back because some or all of the rockets are discontinued... but that doesn't make total sense to me, since I'd assume they would simply take it off the web site once final stick is depleted, rather than put it back. We'll see.

All six are on sale individually, though I think at least a couple are also out of stock. I've noticed some others in this current sale go away for a few weeks then actually come back and in stock. So we'll see, I guess.

I went to have a look-see at what kind of deals they had today and ended up getting an Astron Sprint XL, an STM-012, and a PSII Trajector for a real good price. Too good to pass up, but now I have to sneak it into my workshop without my girlfriend knowing :facepalm:. I've been told, "No more rockets until you build the ones you already have.:no:"

I went to have a look-see at what kind of deals they had today and ended up getting an Astron Sprint XL, an STM-012, and a PSII Trajector for a real good price. Too good to pass up, but now I have to sneak it into my workshop without my girlfriend knowing :facepalm:. I've been told, "No more rockets until you build the ones you already have.:no:"

Hey, she is your girlfriend, not your wife! Order what you want. :)

I guess if I had been paying any kind of attention I would have noticed that... :facepalm:

I will check back often though because I was getting ready to order a Skydart and an STM-012 anyway, and the Cosmic Interceptor and Sprint II have been on my radar as well. Great bundle Estes!

You can still get the skydart, STM-012 and the Sprint on sale individually bringing your total to $21.27 before shipping.

I'm getting some rather discouraging news from Estes regarding future availability of the Cosmic Interceptor.

Still hoping they're wrong and some new stock comes in. :(

Hey, she is your girlfriend, not your wife! Order what you want. :)

True enough. I've done the wife thing, many years ago (my daughter is about 4 weeks from having my first grandchild), and until this past September, I'd gone 4.5 years without even a girlfriend. This one is quite good to me and I sure don't want to do anything to sour that relationship. When you get a good one, you have to realize it, and make a few sacrifices. She is right though... I need to get some of my stash built before I make a bigger stash. She's an extreme coupon'er, so I can justify a good deal with her... I hope anyway :grin:

The STM and Alpha kit went out of stock. The PSIIs are back in stock, the Mammoth and Trajector.

"in case of rocket eating trees, hungry sky gods, CATOs...." I'm actually laughing so hard right now

Back