Quest APCP Static Test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a regular (A-C) sized engine, paper wound case, no ejection charge.
Didn't state thrust, but it didn't look to be more than an A to me.
Any more info than just the video?

Not yet, except they are coming! Narcon 2017 is supposed to be when the official announcement is made.

New motors are always exciting. I'm sad I got into the hobby too late to try the Quest BP C motors - I like the longer burns, and I'd at least liked to have seen the difference in performance with my rockets.

But new motors is always good news.

I've got to dust off my LPR models now that I haven't launched in years, and try some of those out.

New motors are always exciting. I'm sad I got into the hobby too late to try the Quest BP C motors - I like the longer burns, and I'd at least liked to have seen the difference in performance with my rockets.

You didn't miss them, they are still available in some places. If you don't get a chance to grab some before they are gone let me know and I'll give you one to try at a CMASS launch sometime.

https://www.erockets.biz/quest/

Here is a sneak peek on the coming single use composite A-D motors from Aerotech/Quest.

Gary said two had been certified but they won't release anything until all have completed testing. The propellent for all is Black Jack or Black Max to be confirmed with more news after the NARCON Manufacturers Presentations at 5pm ET today.

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9029.jpg

IMG_9030.jpg

I'm looking forward to these. I haven't followed all the sources of early info, do you know whether these will have a range of avg impulse or will tend to be low or high?

Last edited:
Here is a sneak peek on the coming single use composite A-D motors from Aerotech/Quest.

Gary said two had been certified but they won't release anything until all have completed testing. The propellent for all is Black Jack or Black Max to be confirmed with more news after the NARCON Manufacturers Presentations at 5pm ET today.

Ooooh! Reminds me of Enerjets with the colors reversed.

Greg

Also awaiting news. Are those clay nozzles!? Hopefully they'll be able to leverage the APC energy density to get near max impulse values.

Although I thought the smoke-effect motors were lower impulse/volume?

Oh well, either way I'll be buying some eventually.

I know a vendor that has a few pack of quest C motors in 0, 3 and 5 second delays still.:wink:

The new A-D motor propellant is the faster burning Black Max. The nozzles are pressed ceramic and the motor tube is plastic.

Definitely looking forward to buying some.

The Q-Jets are now public! :)

Only the As were displayed but there are to be Bs, Cs and Ds to come but no specifics offered at this time.

Igniters will be First Fire Jrs. Gary said they had to be really small to fit in the relatively tiny nozzles.

BTW the nozzles may be clay, not ceramic.

Back