Flashbacks!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Recently, while combing the dusty archives for K'tesh, I came across some B&W pics from my early days in the hobby.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where people share photos of their very early days in rocketry.

Here I am in my back yard posing with my all-square rocket design, Infinite Square. This was probably the fall of 1970. Note the Electro-Launch.

31523636014_be3e1bf849_o.jpg

I flew both my Infinite Square and the very first pyramid rocket in my back yard that day. Surprisingly, I got both back.

32215906252_6aeb597cfd.jpg

Ok, now your turn. Show us your flashbacks.

I am SOOOO Old, that there was no cameras around when I got into rocketry as a kid! :eyeroll:
Not true, I was into photography before rocketry. But, I was so jazzed up for a launch, it never occurred to me to bring a camera!:facepalm:

OK...Since you have the only real pic of me with a rocket back then, you can now trouble yourself to scan and email it to me so I can participate. Unless I do have one, but I'm sure I don't.

OK...Since you have the only real pic of me with a rocket back then...

I have boxes and boxes of pics in storage. That pic of you catching your Saturn V is in there somewhere.

The pics of me I posted above just happened to be in my ancient binder of original designs, e.g., Eggnik, Grubworm, Mercuroid, Hippy, Hygenika, etc.

Nice! I'm glad that I prompted you to find those... Now, about that SKY-Hi (1365)...

I have boxes and boxes of pics in storage. That pic of you catching your Saturn V is in there somewhere.

Oh....So I gotta fall over dead before you get around to finding it? Quite a few years has passed since you told me you had that. :duck:

My son and I posing before the launch of my Kno3/ sugar powered rocket, mid 70's. 10lbs of propellant in that one. Launched at my Grandparents farm. It flew but it wasn't pretty!

Have lots of super 8 films of launches, need to get them digitized one of these days. I think it is pretty cheap to have it done now. A few years ago cost to much.

KNO3 Rocket.jpg

Back